RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Fever @ Liberty - 6/10/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8107



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rodgers is hot, so why take her out in the final minutes?


Perhaps K Smith doesn't believe in the Hot Hand fallacy


A lot of players, at least, believe in the hot hand fallacy, but not the cold hand fallacy......



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4590



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rodgers in all star form today. Lib fans still p want to trade her this week or wait til next? Laughing


Nope, now I want to trade Prince.

I came up with a lot of trades for Sugar but only because I thought her and/or Stokes were the Liberty players with some trade value.

I am definitely in the either or camp with Rodgers and Prince and have always preferred Rodgers (more because I like rooting for her than anything against Prince or basketball reasons).

I've always thought Prince could fit in Atlanta she has played a bunch of over seas seasons with Angel, and becuase I want to keep minutes available for Nurse, Hartely, Rodgers, Zellous and Boyd I would be willing to trade Prince for less in return, at this point I would take Billings, or a future second round pick and use the freed up roster spot on a post (bring back R. Gray, sign Cannon, Bulgak, Burdick, Larkins, Hamson, Hamblin or even Lewis if we need a little more size) I think we need a 5th post I'm not a fan of the Coleman as a PF line up and with Stokes out we got out rebounded today by Achonwa, Mavunga and McCall that isn't a good look for a team trying to compete.

Of course I don't really expect any change to happen and I'm hoping when Stokes get back the front-court is in a little better shape.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12324



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina was flat from the start. So winning with her being a limited factor was at least a plus. Now that Mitchell and Vivians are playing more minutes the team is getting better. The use of the small lineup was limited to when appropriate. We have shooters on the team so it was good to see them hit shots. They indeed will not hit 54% often, but it balances out the 29% they were at.

I wish Sugar would shoot less but the shots fell. Also I think her left hand is improved a lot. Boyd’s shot appears so too, in warmups. I didn’t like the 3 offensive rebounds, or Indiana’s 9 offensive rebounds. I didn’t like the composure when Indy went on the 7-0 run to take the lead. But overall I see more positives than negatives moving forward. Having multiple sources of offense should eventually pay more dividends.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.


Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 06/10/18 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8107



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Problem is Dream don't have enough minutes for the guards we have now, though Billings or a second doesn't seem like much to ask for Prince. We do have the Sun second next year I think as part of the Holmes deal, but that may be practically worthless.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12324



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rodgers is hot, so why take her out in the final minutes?


Perhaps K Smith doesn't believe in the Hot Hand fallacy


I think it’s as simple as Zellous is a better ball-handler and a stabilizing presence. Sugar can be a spark but she’s wild at times too.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4590



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Problem is Dream don't have enough minutes for the guards we have now, though Billings or a second doesn't seem like much to ask for Prince. We do have the Sun second next year I think as part of the Holmes deal, but that may be practically worthless.


True (and I like Maggie Lucas) but Prince could do more than Lucas for Atl (If Atl decides they're serious about winning which I think they are), and come on you would have to give us the better of the two 2nd round picks you have, you're already getting a bargain (even if technically you don't want or need Prince).


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8107



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If all you want is Lucas, then that's a pretty good offer. It sounds like what you really want is cap space. (I figured the Sun pick was not enough.)



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4329
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There wasn't much of the small line-up for NY today -- maybe none at all? They still got rebounded by 9. By herself, Achonwa with 10 had more than all the Liberty posts, who combined for 8 (Charles 4, Vaughn 1, and Zahui 3). We won't even talk about scoring. One way or another, NY's post play really needs to improve.



_________________
We live in a political world
Love don't have any place
We're living in times
Where men commit crimes
And crime don't have any face
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48604



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
We do have the Sun second next year I think as part of the Holmes deal, but that may be practically worthless.


You got Billings out of Holmes.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6978
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

0:32.3

Liberty

[NYL] Vaughn Substitution replaced by Coleman

00:16.8

Liberty

[NYL 78-75] Coleman 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Nurse (3 AST)

00:16.1

Fever

[IND] Team Timeout : Short

00:01.8

Fever

[IND] Mitchell 3pt Shot: Missed

00:00.7

Liberty

[NYL] Zellous Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)

00:00.7

Fever

[IND] McCall Foul: Personal (4 PF)

00:00.0

End Period



For the ones who hella complained about the small line up.... Rolling Eyes



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8107



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
We do have the Sun second next year I think as part of the Holmes deal, but that may be practically worthless.


You got Billings out of Holmes.


I knew that.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17106



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stokes is our best rebounder, so hopefully when she returns, our rebounding improves.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2377
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
0:32.3

Liberty

[NYL] Vaughn Substitution replaced by Coleman

00:16.8

Liberty

[NYL 78-75] Coleman 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Nurse (3 AST)

00:16.1

Fever

[IND] Team Timeout : Short

00:01.8

Fever

[IND] Mitchell 3pt Shot: Missed

00:00.7

Liberty

[NYL] Zellous Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)

00:00.7

Fever

[IND] McCall Foul: Personal (4 PF)

00:00.0

End Period



For the ones who hella complained about the small line up.... Rolling Eyes


SO helpful. The small lineup worked for 32 seconds. Alas, there are at least 1360 minutes in the regular season.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. In recent years, she served as a vice president of the NCAA focusing on women's basketball championships. Now she is part of the Senior Management Team of UNICEF USA.
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 508
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that small lineup aint shit when you get out-rebounded every game. Vaughn is a stiff, slow.

Charles can't do it all by herself she's already showing signs of being burned out with all them minutes. need Stokes back ASAP.

another note Rodgers is who she is, inconsistent. lets see she do it consecutive for us this year. and Boyd brung some energy off the bench, that's the Boyd i know and love


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4590



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If all you want is Lucas, then that's a pretty good offer. It sounds like what you really want is cap space. (I figured the Sun pick was not enough.)


I like Lucas but the idea of the trade is to free up a roster spot for another post so either Billings or a future second round pick.

I really want a 5th post and we can only accomplish that but trading or waiving on of our 8 perimeter players.

I don't know why I'm explaining as I know this isn't going to happen.

Basically we have to hope for Stokes return and her showing out.

(But Prince for a 2nd round pick is on the table for Atl, id I'm imaginary GM,still a good deal).


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48604



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Randy wrote:
If all you want is Lucas, then that's a pretty good offer. It sounds like what you really want is cap space. (I figured the Sun pick was not enough.)


I like Lucas but the idea of the trade is to free up a roster spot for another post so either Billings or a future second round pick.

I really want a 5th post and we can only accomplish that but trading or waiving on of our 8 perimeter players.

I don't know why I'm explaining as I know this isn't going to happen.

Basically we have to hope for Stokes return and her showing out.

(But Prince for a 2nd round pick is on the table for Atl, id I'm imaginary GM,still a good deal).



Seems like ATL is good at guard. Make some front line deals.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12324



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
0:32.3

Liberty

[NYL] Vaughn Substitution replaced by Coleman

00:16.8

Liberty

[NYL 78-75] Coleman 3pt Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Nurse (3 AST)

00:16.1

Fever

[IND] Team Timeout : Short

00:01.8

Fever

[IND] Mitchell 3pt Shot: Missed

00:00.7

Liberty

[NYL] Zellous Rebound (Off:0 Def:3)

00:00.7

Fever

[IND] McCall Foul: Personal (4 PF)

00:00.0

End Period



For the ones who hella complained about the small line up.... Rolling Eyes


SO helpful. The small lineup worked for 32 seconds. Alas, there are at least 1360 minutes in the regular season.


For WNBA 09. We complained about the small lineup. WITH A LEAD and trying to protect it by being able to do things like rebound and defend. Lol. Obviously tied with the ball in a one-possession situation replacing a post with Coleman makes sense. Know when it doesn’t? Up 4 with 6 minutes left against Chiney and Jonquel Jones. Leaving her in after the 3 made sense too. Because they ONLY HAD TO DEFEND AGAINST A 3.

Capitalizing on the matchups that are favorable...in the right situations...is the positive side of the versatility the Libs have.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4590



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Randy wrote:
If all you want is Lucas, then that's a pretty good offer. It sounds like what you really want is cap space. (I figured the Sun pick was not enough.)


I like Lucas but the idea of the trade is to free up a roster spot for another post so either Billings or a future second round pick.

I really want a 5th post and we can only accomplish that but trading or waiving on of our 8 perimeter players.

I don't know why I'm explaining as I know this isn't going to happen.

Basically we have to hope for Stokes return and her showing out.

(But Prince for a 2nd round pick is on the table for Atl, id I'm imaginary GM,still a good deal).



Seems like ATL is good at guard. Make some front line deals.


Vaughn for Imani?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48604



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zahui... but I’d rather Reeve made a deal for her, because they need some kind of help. Got the Aces’ second round pick as a bargaining chip.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8107



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't want Vaughn even for free.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4590



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Zahui... but I’d rather Reeve made a deal for her, because they need some kind of help. Got the Aces’ second round pick as a bargaining chip.


The problem with this is we need more posts not less and Zahui B is still doing that thing where she has flashes of usefulness, could be a starter potential.

Be patient you might be able to get her for free next year I don't think we can afford to pay all of Boyd, Stokes, R. Allen and Zahui when they come off their rookie contracts.

Considering that maybe Zahui B for the Aces 2nd round pick could be in play closer to the deadline, especially if Stokes comes back to be a 30 minute a night post. We can alway bring in a wire post to fill in that 4th post spot.


Lib Fan



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 4215
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Random notes from today's game from someone who was there

A win that the Liberty had to have
A game that wasn't one of Tins's best
A game that different players stepped up
(Coleman, Hartley, Sugar Rodgers, Nurse)
A game that had a rare double foul of players wearing 0
(Coleman and Mitchell) now where have you ever seen that before ?

Good to get the win ...now lets "Kill Bill"



_________________
Go Liberty 2011
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6978
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These two teams seem pretty even good or bad thing?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Lib Fan



Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 4215
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/18 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
These two teams seem pretty even good or bad thing?


Good for Indiana bad for the Liberty!



_________________
Go Liberty 2011
Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1151



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/11/18 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Victoria Vivians did really leave it all out on the court & I felt for her losing after doing all that she could.

Coleman hit the dragger but Bria was the one should get the gm ball.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin