RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Best Duo?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which duo is the best duo in the WNBA right now?
McCoughtry and Hayes, ATL
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
DeShields and Dolson, CHI
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jones and A. Thomas, CON
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Diggins-Smith and Cambage, DAL
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
K. Mitchell and Dupree, IND
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Wilson and McBride, LVA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Parker and Ogwumike, LAS
28%
 28%  [ 22 ]
Moore and Fowles, MIN
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Charles and Nurse, NYL
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Taurasi and Griner, PHO
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Stewart and Loyd, SEA
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Delle Donne and Toliver, WAS
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 78

basketballologist

PostPosted: 06/06/18 3:35 pm    ::: Best Duo? Reply Reply with quote

I got the Sparks girls.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/06/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#WFFL

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s Diggins-Smith and Cambage for me, everyone wants Lloyd and Stewart to be the next Bird and Jackson, but I think Diggins-Smith and Cambage could be the next big duo.
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of the possible Sky duos you pick DeShields + Dolson? Very Happy

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
It’s Diggins-Smith and Cambage for me, everyone wants Lloyd and Stewart to be the next Bird and Jackson, but I think Diggins-Smith and Cambage could be the next big duo.

When Diggins finally understands that Cambage should be their number 1 scoring option then yes but i dont see that happening anytime soon

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Of the possible Sky duos you pick DeShields + Dolson? Very Happy

I would have included Sloot and Quigley myself.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

When Diggins finally understands that Cambage should be their number 1 scoring option then yes but i dont see that happening anytime soon

I actually 'believe Skylar should be our #1 scoring option . Her shooting this season has been a sight to see .

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I actually 'believe Skylar should be our #1 scoring option . Her shooting this season has been a sight to see .

Her shooting would improve if Cambage is their number 1 scoring option and they play inside out. Let Cambage draw as much attention as you can resulting in more space for Diggins and the rest of their team

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/06/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Her shooting would improve if Cambage is their number 1 scoring option and they play inside out. Let Cambage draw as much attention as you can resulting in more space for Diggins and the rest of their team

The way our team is built our Guards need to find their shot first before establishing cambage. Wouldnt make sense to feed her the ball and have her throw it out to cold shooters with no rhythm . 4th Qtr i totally agree we should play inside out with liz being the 1st option . But i like our chances better when our guards establish themselves early .

PostPosted: 06/06/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far for CT, it's more like Chiney and A. Thomas.

I can't decide who to vote for here...several combos are worthy. DT and Griner have been good, Nneka and Parker haven't had enough games together, Diggins and Big Girl haven't been winning enough, ditto for Maya and Fowles...

I guess I'll go with Loyd and Stewie but it's not a whole hearted vote Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/06/18 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coach Stocks front and Coach Stocks bottom. Shorty thicka than mofo, Hot Damn! Laughing

PostPosted: 06/06/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

candace is nneka's QB in that hi-lo game. I've got them.

Mojo

PostPosted: 06/06/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The duo's make each other better. Wings, Storm, Sparks duos are exciting

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/07/18 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

The way our team is built our Guards need to find their shot first before establishing cambage. Wouldnt make sense to feed her the ball and have her throw it out to cold shooters with no rhythm . 4th Qtr i totally agree we should play inside out with liz being the 1st option . But i like our chances better when our guards establish themselves early .

That maybe would be the case if dallas guards/wings were true shooters but they are not. They (Diggins, Gray, Karima) are more drivers then catch and shoot type of players so they will benefit from more space and double teams on Cambage. But we will probably not agree on this matter because i like my pointguards to be pass first and Diggins is clearly not Wink

chapulana

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As others pointed out, I like this duo but would love to see more chemistry there... Problem with the in-and-out thing is that Sky has been blowing past defenders (mostly) instead of throwing set-up shots, which makes it difficult to go with that strategy as she and Liz end clogging the box at the same positions in those plays.

Last edited by chapulana on 06/07/18 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it wrong that my favorite WNBA duo is Ref & Replay Monitor, or is that actually a quartet?

pilight

PostPosted: 06/07/18 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
i like my pointguards to be pass first and Diggins is clearly not Wink

The successful ones rarely are. The pinnacle of pass-first PGs in today's league is Briann January or thereabouts.

And no, Bird and Whalen are not pass first PGs.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My vote is Kelsey Mitchell and Kalani Brown.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am very surprised Moore and Fowles don't have more votes ... they were a no-brainer for me.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about Ogumike & Thomas ?

PostPosted: 06/07/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I am very surprised Moore and Fowles don't have more votes ... they were a no-brainer for me.

The delights of recency bias.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would have put Gray in the Sparks duo.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/07/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
I would have put Gray in the Sparks duo.

Makes sense since most of the duos are guard-post and Gray is the Rebkell consensus MVP, but the original poster stole the concept and pairings from Voepel.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/07/18 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

The successful ones rarely are. The pinnacle of pass-first PGs in today's league is Briann January or thereabouts.

I think they are.
Just because they're not complete liabilities offensively (as some "pass-first" point guards are) doesn't mean they're not primarily looking to pass.
Bird has significantly more career Assists than FGM. Whalen also has more.

PostPosted: 06/07/18 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I think they are.
Just because they're not complete liabilities offensively (as some "pass-first" point guards are) doesn't mean they're not primarily looking to pass.
Bird has significantly more career Assists than FGM. Whalen also has more.

And then January is mentioned who has one of the lowest career assist averages for a starting pass first PG... Bird and Whalen s first and second option will always be passing to a teammate before looking for their own shot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: