84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

Shades

PostPosted: 06/08/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sparksfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
[disclaimer: I didn't see the game] Is it possible the Sparks were better without Parker? They seemed to really have their mojo together then. If she's playing injured then maybe that's worse than not playing at all?

Can't really tell vs Minnesota we needed her last night it was a bad game all around Parker is the face of the team no matter what we play though her Nneka is good but Parker is our bread and butter same in Minnesota Moore is great but Augustus is there go to player

She IS Shocked Shocked ? I thought it was the reigning MVP Laughing Laughing

Augustus can have those nights where she can’t miss, but in general I wouldn’t call her the go-to on this team.

She probably gets some of the least defensive attention on the team due to the two MVP’s, so it’s nice whenever she can take advantage of that.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
willtalk

PostPosted: 06/09/18 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
[disclaimer: I didn't see the game] Is it possible the Sparks were better without Parker? They seemed to really have their mojo together then. If she's playing injured then maybe that's worse than not playing at all?

I dont think you can really say that based on this game. The key was locking Gray down and getting the ball out of her hands. Clark was all over her throughout the whole game and they send someone to double team on the perimeter aswell.

I think it was a combination of both. One led to the other. Parker tends to play two man game while Gray when she has the ball uses everyone. With Parker on the floor movement with out the ball seemed to stop. Clark did a good job defensively but she wouldn't have been able to take Gray out of her game if the Sparks had not quit moving without the ball. That is Grays game. She got trapped a number of times because she had no where to pass too. For example her pass when she stuck her body through the double team to pass all the way across the court allowing a defender to come up from the center to intercept the ball. Parker, who was her only option, was just standing there instead of moving towards Gray after she realized she was being doubled in a trap. Team mates need to recognize a double team, (especially the player who's man is doing the doubling) and move to a more accessable open space. The Sparks were not doing that. They were just standing around.

Grays ability to see and use the entire floor is what separates her from players who are good but limited play makers using a limited floor and primarily a two man game. In a two man game the floor is spread and one player gains position. It about isolating a player. Players moving without the ball often gets in the way. That is Parkers game when she has the ball. Her height is an asset since she can pass over her man to a team mate with position, usually Nika. That is counter to the game Gray is more effective in.

They could work together, but they need to let Gray control the offense and just use Parker on isolation plays.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 06/09/18 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@Willtalk interesting thought on Gray & CP & how they like to pass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: