RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA All Star Game 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/31/18 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This will be a painful boxscore for Diggins lovers. They win with her coming off the bench. That was back in her rookie year when she was benched in favor of Goodrich.

Or it's further proof it makes more sense to wait more than 3/4 of a season to judge rookies/draft classes and try to redo the entire draft based on early rookie season production, except there's no fun in that.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/31/18 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember Goodrich. Whatever happened to her?

PostPosted: 07/31/18 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to this article from 2017, she stopped playing in 2016. Coached briefly and is now a camp instructor in Goodland, Kansas.

Quote:
Goodrich spent two seasons with the Tulsa Shock, one with the Seattle Storm and averaged 2.8 points and 2.2 assists in 83 WNBA games.

“It’s tough,” Goodrich said. “It’s a tough league, hard to get in it and even harder to stay in it. Played three seasons in the league and it’s kind of cool to say you got to play in the league with and against great players for three years.”

She also played half a season in Russia and a full season in Poland. The Storm cut her in advance of the 2016 season.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/jun/30/angels-journey-superstar-player-camp-instructor/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/31/18 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a really nice find there toad. Thanks for sharing it.

PostPosted: 07/31/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks toad. She was always one of my favorite players.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/01/18 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IRcaLBA_wQk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/01/18 6:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I always watch the ASG because i like the interaction between the players. See who gets along with who, bit of trash talking etc. But i actually enjoy the last 6-8 minutes of the game because then the players (WNBA and NBA) often get more serious and want to win.

Until the team with Maya on it puts it out of reach at which point it becomes fun again with Cambage going in for the gimme dunk.

Here’s Cambage talking to Fowles.

Here’s Cambage talking to the camera.

I’m hoping Cambage takes some of this lightened-up version of herself through to the rest of the season, but I have a feeling she’ll be back to her old self in short order. Wink

Dont worry she was already her old self in this game. Complaining about the contact in almost every play. In that wired video you see her complaining against Parker and Parker is telling her that there is an understanding about no elbows during this game etc Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: