Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/17/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
see if you can spot the error by ESPN.

LMAO.

They literally have the Liberty University logo instead of the New York Liberty logo next to Tina Charles. Laughing

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/17/18 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't see the announcement, but did they explain how they decided on 9 backcourt and 13 frontcourt. It doesn't seem to equate for the two teams. Also they seemed to overload on centers and power forwards (5 each). I suspect Natasha Howard was the casualty of too many other centers, but who knows.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/17/18 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
After all the sucking she did in the Sun game maybe she just had none left to give this week.

Oh my God. Laughing

This statement sounds like some dialogue from HBO's The Deuce.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I didn't see the announcement, but did they explain how they decided on 9 backcourt and 13 frontcourt. It doesn't seem to equate for the two teams. Also they seemed to overload on centers and power forwards (5 each). I suspect Natasha Howard was the casualty of too many other centers, but who knows.

I'm guessing they took 40% backcourt 60% frontcourt (since typical lineup is 2 backcourt & 3 frontcourt) to come up with 8.8 & 13.2 or rounded to 9 & 13.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/17/18 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
see if you can spot the error by ESPN.

Tina Charles doesn't play for the Liberty University Lady Flames.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 07/18/18 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully Delle Donne will reunite the 3 to see.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/18/18 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So What are you guys mock drafts? Per Edds instagram story her and wifey are already doing mock drafts we gotta catch up Laughing

This is kind of tough if im both

Team A
Elena - Diana - Fowles-Griner-Sue-Stewie-Mccoughtry-Quigley-Charles-Gray-Jewel

Team B
Parker-Maya-Cambage-Wilson-Diggins-Toliver-Mcbride-Nneka-Augustus-Chiney

And no mention of 3 pt shootout yet?

PostPosted: 07/18/18 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1 - Seattle - Stewart, Loyd, Bird
2 - Phoenix - Griner, Taurasi, Bonner
3 - Los Angeles - Parker, Gray, Ogwumike
7 - Minnesota - Fowles, Moore, Augustus

4 - Washington - Delle Donne, Toliver
9 - Las Vegas - Wilson, McBride
4 - Dallas - Cambage, Diggins-Smith

4 - Atlanta - McCoughtry
8 - Connecticut - Ogwumike
10 - New York - Charles
10 - Chicago - Quigley

12 -Indiana -

justintyme

PostPosted: 07/18/18 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
I wonder why Moore doesn't want to be a captain...

Honestly, knowing her it might just be that she doesn't feel her play so far this year is deserving of one of the captain spots.

PostPosted: 07/18/18 2:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
I wonder why Moore doesn't want to be a captain...

Honestly, knowing her it might just be that she doesn't feel her play so far this year is deserving of one of the captain spots.

I hope so because other reasons would be childish.
I think EDD is going for her USA teammates and Parker for everybody else (Nneka, Cambage, Diggins etc.)

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/18/18 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

20 of the top 22 scorers are all-stars. Bird and Augustus pushed out Hayes and Howard.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 07/18/18 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if EDD and CP will they will make a deal to let the sisters play on the same team.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/18/18 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel doesn't even start and makes ASG. Smile

toad455

PostPosted: 07/18/18 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Parker should be the starting PG for her team. Her starters should be: Parker-Bonner-Moore-Cambage-Griner

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ClayK

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
What an announcement . 10 seconds of a flash of the players selected and before you can blink once its off the screen. Rolling Eyes

Here's a link in case you missed it https://www.swishappeal.com/2018/7/17/17583514/2018-wnba-all-star-game-elena-delle-donne-candace-parker-maya-moore
Quote:

CAPTAINS:

Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks

Surprised Candace caught Maya along with some clear BS selections. Augustus really ?

She didn’t. Maya declined being a captain. Maya was the top vote getter.

Awe ok that makes sense. Congrats to Maya for being humble . Would be hard to make that decision and maintain transparency in this league .

I don't see it that way at all ... I see Maya as forcing someone else to do the dirty work instead of accepting the challenge.

Really, I'm disappointed. You're a star in the league, you're on the cover of Slam, and you don't have the courage (or whatever you want to call it) to pick the team, so you make someone else do it instead.

If you get the honor of the most votes, accept what comes along with it -- and if you are going to back out, be honest. "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, or make anyone dislike me (I'm very sensitive), so I'm going to have Candace Parker take all the heat."

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think Parker should be the starting PG for her team. Her starters should be: Parker-Bonner-Moore-Cambage-Griner

I'm sure the other captain is more likely to put herself at guard Laughing

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queastion: do we just see the final results or do we see the order that the teams are picked? Or is it done live on Twitter? Could be interesting but also might hurt the feelings of those picked last.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
Queastion: do we just see the final results or do we see the order that the teams are picked? Or is it done live on Twitter? Could be interesting but also might hurt the feelings of those picked last.

If it’s done anything like the NBA All Star game, you don’t get to watch or know anything other than the final results.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I don't see it that way at all ... I see Maya as forcing someone else to do the dirty work instead of accepting the challenge.

Really, I'm disappointed. You're a star in the league, you're on the cover of Slam, and you don't have the courage (or whatever you want to call it) to pick the team, so you make someone else do it instead.

If you get the honor of the most votes, accept what comes along with it -- and if you are going to back out, be honest. "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, or make anyone dislike me (I'm very sensitive), so I'm going to have Candace Parker take all the heat."

Maybe I shouldn’t rise to the bait, but the first line is pretty much my angle as already stated. It must take a lot to earn your X_____________.

The rest of your post you get carried away in your assumptions, in usual Clay fashion. I’d like to see some real quotes on the matter instead of made up ones.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/18/18 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about we all cease the random unwarranted personal stuff

PostPosted: 07/18/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
How about we all cease the random unwarranted personal stuff

So it's OK if it isn't random?

#NATC

PostPosted: 07/18/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Must be that time of the month again..

Shades

PostPosted: 07/18/18 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get way worse comments directed at me but you ALWAYS let it go. The imbalance creates more problems than it helps. Was that too personal?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/18/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I continually bang this drum, but these All-Star choices really make clear the importance of No. 1 draft picks and the need to distribute them more evenly around the league.

All but one No. 1 pick still playing (Plum) was named an All-Star. There is no example of a No. 1 pick who didn't make it, but a player picked after her did.

Former No. 1 picks make up more than half of the All-Stars. The drop-off in numbers between 1st and 2nd is huge. Only 3 former No. 2 picks are all-stars this season.

The draft positions of the All-Stars:

1st - 13 (Augustus, Bird, Lloyd, Taurasi, Charles, Griner, McCoughtry, Moore, Ogwumike, Ogwumike, Parker, Stewart, Wilson)
2nd - 3 (Fowles, DelleDonne, Cambage)
3rd - 3 (Diggins, McBride, Toliver)
5th - 1 (Bonner)
11th - 1 (Gray)
22nd - 1 (Quigley)

Shades

PostPosted: 07/18/18 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
In a release Tuesday, the WNBA said that Moore informed the league that "she is unable to perform her captaincy duties at this time." However, she will remain a part of the All-Star Game.

"I'm once again blown away at the support I've received through votes by our amazing basketball fans. I'm so grateful for all the love," said Moore, the 2014 league MVP who has been part of four Lynx championship teams. "As somebody who is receiving a lot of attention, I wanted to take an opportunity to broaden that focus. I'm thrilled for everyone selected, and now more than ever I'm looking forward to just being a fellow fan of all the greatness I'm surrounded by in this league."

This is a real quote, but I’m still not understanding why she turned it down. It kinda sounds like she’s saying she’s not worthy of it, just a fan or whatever. But she’s going to be one of the greatest of all time. It’s okay to own up to it.

Candace Parker has been hot her last couple games, but over the whole season she hasn’t been significantly better than Maya.

Quote:
"I'm glad that Maya turned down her role so that I can have the first pick," Delle Donne said with a laugh in a phone interview with the AP. "I've got everyone's name written down and their position. You can't pick wrong, as you have really great players out there."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: