RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA All Star Game 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/18/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Moore says she has too much to do to be captain

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24133170/maya-moore-says-too-much-going-captain

Quote:
"I wasn't really thinking about it," Moore said. "I was just trying to think about everything else I had going on, and focusing on the season and the team. There are so many roles, different things people can do during the weekend that will make it special."

PostPosted: 07/18/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can kinda see how the star of the home-town team would have a bunch of responsibilities around the all-star weekend, but is the captain really required to do much more than spend ten minutes on a conference call picking the squads? It's still odd.

PostPosted: 07/18/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Maya Moore says she has too much to do to be captain

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24133170/maya-moore-says-too-much-going-captain

Quote:
"I wasn't really thinking about it," Moore said. "I was just trying to think about everything else I had going on, and focusing on the season and the team. There are so many roles, different things people can do during the weekend that will make it special."

I noticed Reeve made a statement. I wonder if Reeve had something to do with Maya’s decision. She tends to way overthink things.

Quote:
"Over the All-Star Weekend, the number of responsibilities that our players are going to have, and in particular Maya, she felt like her time was better spent not worrying about that piece (captaincy)," said Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve. "And frankly, Elena and Candace are excited about the new format and doing it. Maya is a selfless person and just said, let me focus on other things. She's excited. You can't say enough about the feeling they're going to have when they walk out here, and it's their fans."

Reeve. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Davis4632

PostPosted: 07/18/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Maya doesn't want to be forced into the position of embarrassing her teammate by leaving her to be the last one picked.

The order of players taken isn’t revealed.

Not publicly, but it's likely to come out to the players

When the NBA had the same format for their All-Star game, some of the order of the players picked was revealed. I guess Maya didn't want to have to the choice of passing over some of her Lynx teammates and picking just former UConn players.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/18/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last pick: Augustus or McCoughtry?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 07/18/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having done my own secret draft, these are the teams I came up with:

EDD
Skylar Diggins-Smith, Kristi Toliver
Diana Taurasi, Allie Quigley,
Maya Moore, DeWanna Bonner
EDD, A’ja Wilson, Chiney Ogwumike,
Sylvia Fowles, Brittney Griner,

Parker
Chelsea Gray, Sue Bird,
Jewell Loyd, Kayla McBride, Seimone Augustus
Breanna Stewart, Angel McCoughtry,
Candace Parker, Tina Charles
Liz Cambage, Nneka Ogwumike

- Amanda Gorman
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/18/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Kristi Toliver: 14.0 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 4.2 APG
Chelsea Gray: 14.8 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 5.2 APG
Allie Quigley: 16.1 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 2.6 APG

Is it really that shocking? Does Toliver really not belong in this company? Augustus is the one glaring pick, nobody else even comes close.
Im happy she's a allstar again because Im a fan I was just saying I was shock but not because of her stats because I didnt think she would get enough votes to be a allstar.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/18/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
How about we all cease the random unwarranted personal stuff
Shades wrote:
I get way worse comments directed at me but you ALWAYS let it go. The imbalance creates more problems than it helps. Was that too personal?

Not everything said here is just about you, Shades. Hence the "how about we all" part.
It feels to me like the general personal snippiness here has increased lately.
I'm saying it's time to dial it back a tad.
That's kind of the opposite of "letting it go" IMO.

PostPosted: 07/18/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here I was going to say that if Seattle has three all-stars it should be Stewie, Bird, and Howard. Then Loyd puts up that Chicago game!

Looking forward to this year's AS game, I dig the new format.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/18/18 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm secretly hoping one team has Griner AND Cambage starting on the same team.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Last pick: Augustus or McCoughtry?

I'm going to guess neither.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Having done my own secret draft, these are the teams I came up with:

EDD
Skylar Diggins-Smith, Kristi Toliver
Diana Taurasi, Allie Quigley,
Maya Moore, DeWanna Bonner
EDD, A’ja Wilson, Chiney Ogwumike,
Sylvia Fowles, Brittney Griner,

Parker
Chelsea Gray, Sue Bird,
Jewell Loyd, Kayla McBride, Seimone Augustus
Breanna Stewart, Angel McCoughtry,
Candace Parker, Tina Charles
Liz Cambage, Nneka Ogwumike

Parker picking Stewart IDK about that.

I'm also wondering with EDD picking first if you had her start with Griner or Moore?

And did Parker start with one of her Sparks teammates, or Cambage?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/19/18 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

Elena Delle Donne said her picks are supposed to be top secret until they're officially revealed Thursday, but ... she's revealing now that with the No. 1 pick, she's taking her Mystics teammate Kristi Toliver.

Parker going with Gray then?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

Elena Delle Donne said her picks are supposed to be top secret until they're officially revealed Thursday, but ... she's revealing now that with the No. 1 pick, she's taking her Mystics teammate Kristi Toliver.

Very idiotic on the part of EDD....Toliver will still be on the board after the first 8-12 picks are made...You're basically giving Cambage to Parker.Which will force you to take Griner/Fowles with the 3rd pick.Parker will then have the option of taking Moore/Taurasi/Stewart with the next pick......IF EDD picks Toliver,there's no need for Parker to take Gray with the next pick.It's not as if EDD is going to pick Gray after she just selected Toliver.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

Very idiotic on the part of EDD....Toliver will still be on the board after the first 8-12 picks are made...You're basically giving Cambage to Parker.Which will force you to take Griner/Fowles with the 3rd pick.Parker will then have the option of taking Moore/Taurasi/Stewart with the next pick......IF EDD picks Toliver,there's no need for Parker to take Gray with the next pick.It's not as if EDD is going to pick Gray after she just selected Toliver.

Because the All-Star Game is an extremely serious affair Rolling Eyes

zune69

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

I want to see a competitive basketball game,not a freaking blowout....Why be captain if all you're going to do is pick your teammates?.....I wouldn't have a problem with EDD selecting Toliver #1 if she was the 1st/2nd best player at her position,but she's not.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

I want to see a competitive basketball game,not a freaking blowout....Why be captain if all you're going to do is pick your teammates?.....I wouldn't have a problem with EDD selecting Toliver #1 if she was the 1st/2nd best player at her position,but she's not.

Then you should skip the ASG.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Parker decides to play PG,and we see a lineup like this:

G-Parker
G-Taurasi
C-Cambage
F-Stewart
F-Bonner/McCoughtry

or

G-Parker
G-Diggins/McBride/Toliver/Quigley
C-Cambage
F-Stewart
F-Moore

zune69

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Then you should skip the ASG.

Depending on the starting lineups,I just might.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/19/18 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

I want to see a competitive basketball game,not a freaking blowout....Why be captain if all you're going to do is pick your teammates?

That's exactly why be captain! Wink

PostPosted: 07/19/18 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

Delle Donne's starters: Toliver-Loyd-Quigley-Delle Donne-Stewart
Parker's starters: Gray-Parker-Moore-Cambage-Griner

Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/18 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s infinitely wiser to respect your teammates than to take the All Star game too seriously. I hate to accuse Delle Donne of wisdom. It would be the first time.

What’s doing on with mild-mannered MechelleV lately with the spreading of rumors and being controversial? I guess she feels the need to compete with the Megdal’s and Swish Appeal’s of the sector, or else she could be forgotten. Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/19/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

Everybody picks friends and teammates first. So i wouldnt be suprised if Parker picks Gray first and 2nd maybe even Taurasi before Cambage

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
Mechelle Voepel
‏@MechelleV

Maybe Nneka

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

team Parker for the win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: