48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Liberty
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/05/18 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is Griner not defending Charles? Is she in foul trouble? Defensive player of the year candidate not defending the opposing best post player Confused

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 06/05/18 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty can't but a foul, yet Mercury are getting all the calls.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 06/05/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why isn't Zahui B back in? This small line up doesn't work.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/05/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bonner with a quiet 18 points.

Genero36

PostPosted: 06/05/18 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the legend continues...

Mercury's Diana Taurasi reaches 8,000-point milestone

Quote:
Phoenix Mercury guard Diana Taurasi, the WNBA's all-time leading scorer, on Tuesday reached the 8,000-point mark for her career.

Taurasi, who entered Tuesday's game against the New York Liberty with 7,997 points, reached the milestone on a free throw to cap a three-point play with 5:10 remaining in the first quarter.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/23704306/phoenix-mercury-guard-diana-taurasi-becomes-first-wnba-player-score-8000-points

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand why Rodgers is on the court in the final minutes from New York. Even apart from anyone's opinion of Rodgers, she's been out and this is her first game back. I don't like relying on her in the final minutes.

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sugar probably not up to the extended minutes. Katie should have taken her out for a bit.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

why is sugar wearing 1 black shoe and 1 white Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sugar with 2 missed 3's and a turnover in the final 2 minutes of the game. #DealBreaker

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just don't understand why Zahui B isn't in the game. She defended Griner well and gave us offense inside and provided help for Tina. Bad coaching by Smith.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Nurse during crunch time...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going to be a long season for Liberty fans

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty never brought Zahui back in after her tussle with Griner. I think that was a mistake. She was willing to go to battle with Griner and she could have gotten inside her head.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia Vaughn sucks so bad, i mean i said it last year she's trash. and ofcourse Liberty management re-signed her SMH

and i knew it once Sugar "chucky" Rodgers gets back she will be in Late game situations chucking and turning the ball over as usual.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/05/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, it was nice to see Zahui giving some good minutes at least. But it did seem like Katie made a few questionable decisions about who to have on the floor. Having both Hartley and Sugar on together definitely greatly increases turnover possibilities.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder if Laimbeer would gamble on taking Vaughn back. Or Vaughn and Rodgers? Maybe those two for Hamby and their 2nd round pick? This frees open a roster spot to sign someone like Chong or Samuelson.

PG: Hartley/Boyd
SG: Prince/Nurse
SF: Zellous/Coleman/Allen
PF: Charles/Hamby
C: Stokes/Zahui B
12th: Chong or Samuelson

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer already has three centers struggling to earn minutes. Why would he want a fourth?

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the first time I can remember someone wanted to get Hamby in a trade. Wow Todd - you some kind of down on Sugar and Kia.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vaughn needs to go. She wasn't good last season and she's regressed this season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
This is the first time I can remember someone wanted to get Hamby in a trade. Wow Todd - you some kind of down on Sugar and Kia.

Shocked

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Vaughn needs to go. She wasn't good last season and she's regressed this season.

So you decide to Dump her on Vegas while they give you possibly their most improved player on their team ? Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

So you decide to Dump her on Vegas while they give you possibly their most improved player on their team ? Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

Vaughn might be an improvement over Swords or Bone at this point plus I wouldn't mine if we cleared some roster space and picked up Samuelson.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Vaughn might be an improvement over Swords or Bone at this point plus I wouldn't mine if we cleared some roster space and picked up Samuelson.

Id rather have Bone than vaughn im sure LVFO realizes that .

PostPosted: 06/05/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting numbers:

FT - NY 3-5, PHO 17-19
Reb NY wins 39-21

Aged Sancho got the most steal 3

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/05/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, this was my first camp day game. Can someone tell me if it's normal to have a lecture as your halftime entertainment? I feel like I went to a basketball game and it was interrupted by a TED Talk for children.

As far as the game goes, Bonner was the difference -- coming up big in key spots. She snuck behind the Liberty defense for a couple of easy lay-ups when it looked like New York had the momentum and was ready to stretch their lead. Then, down the stretch it was her two corner 3's that first put Phoenix ahead and then opened up a two-possession lead. In both cases NY had played good defense, but Bonner was able to make the deflating late 3's.

It looks like NY will once again need half a season to figure what the heck they want to do. I had a friend with me who was attending his first WNBA game. After watching the Liberty offense, he asked, "Don't they run any offense? It's all one-on-one." He was both impressed and puzzled by the smaller Liberty killing the bigger Mercury off the boards. I then pointed out that the bigger, slower Mercury were scoring more easy buckets off fastbreaks. It was counter-intuitive basketball. In the end, Phoenix had the discipline to keep attacking the basket, which either got them to the line or created open shots. NY hung in through hustle and effort, but crunch time is about execution. NY never looked like they knew what they wanted to do. I don't think Sugar Rodgers hoisting contested 3's is the answer. Anyway, that's what you have with the Liberty right now: hustle and effort in a tug-of-war with bad decision-making. Hopefully, by mid-season, they can reduce some of the cluelessness.

I agree that Vaughn was pretty useless today. She seemed lost, letting Griner slip away on defense while also being asleep on offense whenever passes came her way. I doubt Vaughn is going anywhere. So hopefully this is just a chemistry issue since she recently rejoined the team. Zahui B. makes me cringe too. She seems unable to throw an accurate pass. Just hold it over your head with two hands and heave it as hard as possible. I don't remember Amanda being so bad in 2016. Maybe just like last year, she doesn't get the offense. Zahui's 8 rebounds in 16 minutes look nice, but Amanda negated anything good she did with 5 turnovers and 4 fouls. Yes, I wish we kept Russell. She didn't put up numbers, but Mercedes seemed to be a deterrent on defense and she didn't do a lot of stupid stuff. I'm really beginning to appreciate the boring but mistake-free players.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: