RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rookies: Comments, Questions, Rants, Anything

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/05/18 10:03 pm    ::: Rookies: Comments, Questions, Rants, Anything Reply Reply with quote

To start, why isn't Lexie Brown getting more minutes on the Sun? Is she injured or playing poorly?
Shades

PostPosted: 06/05/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She’s the 5th guard on a team that has designs on a top seed.
You’re more likely to see her during garbage time.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/18 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azura is getting enough minutes she will need to get stronger to see any type of increase. As skylar once said " Get a grown woman's body for a grown woman's league"

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was just looking through some stats on the .com and noticed that there are 5 rookies in the top 17 scorers per 40 mins.

#1 A'ja Wilson
#5 Kelsey Mitchell
#13 Diamond DeShields
#15 Ariel Atkins
#17 Kia Nurse

Last year we had trouble filling out the all-rookie team, this year there will be some heavy snubs...

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/06/18 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to see Gabby Williams get minutes at the 3, and guard the other teams best perimeter player.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/06/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I would like to see Gabby Williams get minutes at the 3, and guard the other teams best perimeter player.

She can guard the best player playing the 4 spot. Having her play the 3 will put even more of a deficiency on their offensive scheme. I can tell stocks likes attacking wings with the Line up of copper & DD .

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

She can guard the best player playing the 4 spot. Having her play the 3 will put even more of a deficiency on their offensive scheme. I can tell stocks likes attacking wings with the Line up of copper & DD .

I like double d as a bench player, I think her game fits a 6th man role right now.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/06/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I like double d as a bench player, I think her game fits a 6th man role right now.

I think the same for Gabby Surprised

PostPosted: 06/07/18 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
She’s the 5th guard on a team that has designs on a top seed.
You’re more likely to see her during garbage time.

She has to UNlearn bad habits from college before she can learn to become a decent WNBA player. Same as all other players coming out of Duke. Since Duke runs "match up zone" defense 99% of the time, they have to start from scratch in learning a man defense.

~rAf
YlwJckt999

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:24 pm    ::: Rookies so far Reply Reply with quote

Impressed:
Diamond gave TYoung all that she could handle the other day. She just may sneak and get the ROTY.

Nurse is also playing well but she will need minutes consistently. With Boyd and Sugar back in the line up, she may be asked more for defense rather than her offense.

Canada. She is playing very well. Bird being out early in the season may be a blessing in disguise.

Ariel Atkins. She can really shine. I'm glad she is getting PT.
Hines Allen/Russell - I am glad they made a roster.

Wilson. ROTY is in her hands until someone takes it. She will continue to thrive.

Neutral:
Mitchell. She is virtually playing the same role as OSU.
Stevens. She is a little light. I hope that she hits the weights. Overall she will carve a nice space for herself in the league.
Vandeeva - ____
Gulich-____
L.Brown--

Let Downs:
Vivians. I am waiting until she gets more PT. The little that I've seen of her, she was forcing shots. She is too talented not to shine.

G.Williams. Amber doesn't know what to do with her. Hamby ate her lunch in the last game. She is too small to play PF (Coates couldn't handle Hamby either). She is used to a switching defense with help coming to protect the post. The W is more one-on-one and her size is not enough for true PF in the league. Get A Jump Shot! I don't see her lasting (ala Chong) if she cant score.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/07/18 4:46 pm    ::: Re: Rookies so far Reply Reply with quote

YlwJckt999 wrote:
Impressed:
Diamond gave TYoung all that she could handle the other day. She just may sneak and get the ROTY.

Nurse is also playing well but she will need minutes consistently. With Boyd and Sugar back in the line up, she may be asked more for defense rather than her offense.

Canada. She is playing very well. Bird being out early in the season may be a blessing in disguise.

Ariel Atkins. She can really shine. I'm glad she is getting PT.
Hines Allen/Russell - I am glad they made a roster.

Wilson. ROTY is in her hands until someone takes it. She will continue to thrive.

Neutral:
Mitchell. She is virtually playing the same role as OSU.
Stevens. She is a little light. I hope that she hits the weights. Overall she will carve a nice space for herself in the league.
Vandeeva - ____
Gulich-____
L.Brown--

Let Downs:
Vivians. I am waiting until she gets more PT. The little that I've seen of her, she was forcing shots. She is too talented not to shine.

G.Williams. Amber doesn't know what to do with her. Hamby ate her lunch in the last game. She is too small to play PF (Coates couldn't handle Hamby either). She is used to a switching defense with help coming to protect the post. The W is more one-on-one and her size is not enough for true PF in the league. Get A Jump Shot! I don't see her lasting (ala Chong) if she cant score.

Great analysis ! Welcome to the Board btw , i know im 15 posts behind but Hey Anyway !! Razz Razz Very Happy Very Happy

Vivians seems to have regressed back to her Freshmen season at Msst. She doesnt really seem that confident on offense or maybe intimidation as i only see her hide in the corner on offense and launch corner 3's all game. She was more aggressive in college , Gabby on the other hand is actually improving game by game minorly . I do not think this team will be a challenger with her starting , but i do think she can find her niche coming off the bench . I give her 3 years max and maybe a 4th to get her offense together then i do agree she wont be around longer than that .

PostPosted: 06/07/18 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was off this board for about a week due to my computer's sudden death. I had to buy a new one. During the time i was without it I realized just how much the wnba is over looked. I had 1 hell of a time trying to find the scores for the games and most times i could not find the scores on the tv. I finally found some on the SEC network. Nothing on any of the espn channels nor on nbatv gametime. All they talked about was the nba finals. I had just paid for league pass right before the puter died so I tried to get it on my ipad which was very nerve racking as they kept saying they would send a message to my email. I told them over and over that my puter was dead so i could not get in my email. I followed up on the i pad but it seemed like they wanted me to pay for another subscription, which i wasn't going to do. Long story short I truly understand about the lack of wnba information. I am so glad I have a computer again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: