28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Fred Williams, DAL
44%
 44%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 38

basketballologist

PostPosted: 05/31/18 1:39 pm    ::: Hot Seat Reply Reply with quote

After last night game, I think Brondello is now officially on the hot seat.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/31/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve should be on the hot seat, at least as GM (this being her first year as GM) because trading away Natahsa Howard appears to have in the short-term, and long-term accomplished nothing, except make Seattle Storm fans (and fans of teams who hate the Lynx) happy. 😡

Randy

PostPosted: 05/31/18 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Reeve should be on the hot seat, at least as GM (this being her first year as GM) because trading away Natahsa Howard appears to have in the short-term, and long-term accomplished nothing, except make Seattle Storm fans (and fans of teams who hate the Lynx) happy. 😡

Making fans happy, for any team is an accomplishment.

I can't see anybody really on the hot seat yet. I also figure Pokey is safe because anyone would know this rebuild was going to take a while. As for Brondello and Fred - if their teams continue to under perform they should be worried.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/31/18 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

I can't see anybody really on the hot seat yet. I also figure Pokey is safe because anyone would know this rebuild was going to take a while. As for Brondello and Fred - if their teams continue to under perform they should be worried.

Minnesota teams have been making fans of other teams happy for years whether it was the Herschel Walker trade turning the Cowboys into a dynasty in the 1990s, the Twins giving up on David Ortiz, which is why the Red Sox ended their curse (and to be even more nice to Boston, the Wolves had to give the Celtics Kevin Garnett because the rest of the Wolves roster was FUBR), the Wolves passing on Stephen Curry, which is why the Warriors are an NBA Dynasty, etc. I was hoping the Lynx would stop this trend of being nice to other teams. I thought giving away Sugar Rodgers was good enough! 😡

StevenHW

PostPosted: 05/31/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Minnesota teams have been making fans of other teams happy for years whether it was the Herschel Walker trade turning the Cowboys into a dynasty in the 1990s, the Twins giving up on David Ortiz, which is why the Red Sox ended their curse (and to be even more nice to Boston, the Wolves had to give the Celtics Kevin Garnett because the rest of the Wolves roster was FUBR), the Wolves passing on Stephen Curry, which is why the Warriors are an NBA Dynasty, etc. I was hoping the Lynx would stop this trend of being nice to other teams. I thought giving away Sugar Rodgers was good enough! 😡

How else does the phrase "Minnesota Nice" is more than just a cute saying? Wink

PostPosted: 05/31/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix due to the amount of talent they have. Williams gets a pass due to the injuries.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/31/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ready Freddie Spaghetti has got to go. Pull the trigger Bibbo. You can do it!

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/31/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Absolutely 0% chance Pokey is on any sort of hot seat. She just got promoted this offseason.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/01/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas will win too many games for Fred's job to be in jeopardy ... and there are new players, etc.

Phoenix may have less patience, especially given the age of the roster.

PostPosted: 06/01/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Besides Stocks in her second year and the rookie head coaches, Fred is the only coach in the league who has not won 20 games

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/02/18 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred built a good team...I'd bring him in as a GM anywhere...but man he led them to water but he cant make em drink...same thing that happened in Atlanta and Utah...I like Fred as a person and as someone who is deeply dedicated to WBB...but he needs to hang 20 this year or go away...he's a good roster builder but not a good coach...this is the 3rd place where hes had a lot of talent and they just under achieve...Dallas needs a deciplinarian...fast

PostPosted: 06/02/18 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred built a good team...I'd bring him in as a GM anywhere...but man he led them to water but he cant make em drink...same thing that happened in Atlanta and Utah...I like Fred as a person and as someone who is deeply dedicated to WBB...but he needs to hang 20 this year or go away...he's a good roster builder but not a good coach...this is the 3rd place where hes had a lot of talent and they just under achieve...Dallas needs a deciplinarian...fast

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: