68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
Liberty
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/26/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First regarding the building and commute. Round trip from White Plains to 125th Street was $21.50 per person which is pretty crazy. It’s offset in cost of game tickets which is much cheaper than MSG with what for me is an unbelievable view. You’re on top of the action. I had to lean forward a little in my seat to see over the balcony railing but by doing that my view was unobstructed. The atmosphere was good. It’s stlll WNBA basketball. It was loud. Not 18,000 MSG loud but loud. The building’s height is so small that it’s going to be loud when it’s full.

Regarding the game, considering we missed so many players I was thrilled we hung in there. Nurse is the best wing defender as a rookie that I’ve ever seen. Ever. That’s not hyperbole. Minnesota didn’t look to attack her often and when she guarded Whalen she mostly neutralized her. When her mid-range shot falls and her finishing improves look out because I think she’s going to be a perennial All-Star. I love her court vision and decision-making too, as she seemlessly swings between the 1, 2 and 3 spots. What a weapon to have.

When we get healthy I think we have a really strong team here. Against a healthy championship-caliber team we forced them to beat us by making tough shots while missing 4 players and having a fifth only play 16 minutes coming off injury.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 05/26/18 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/26/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yeah, find it odd Russell is in there instead of Stokes.

The only explanation I can think of is that Stokes was on a minutes restriction.

PostPosted: 05/26/18 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So my questions for those that attended the game at WCC.

1.) How was the atmosphere? On TV is sounded loud, but 2,300 people can only do so much.
2.) What's the parking situation there?
3.) What's the deal with concessions there? Do they serve alcohol?
4.) What's near by? Anything walkable or worth looking at before a game?
5.) Did anyone bother to ask how they'll double capacity if they need to add more seats?

1) I answered #1 above.
2) Looked like a pretty decent amount of parking.
3) Nathan’s food. It was good. They have beer.
4) Nothing that I noticed.
5) I didn’t ask but it would seem to be more seats under one of the balconies plus added seats in the stage area.

A 4,000+ capacity would be very loud and a def home court advantage with fans so close to the court. Added bonus. Refs can clearly hear you.

PostPosted: 05/26/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
toad455 wrote:

1.) How was the atmosphere? On TV is sounded loud, but 2,300 people can only do so much.
5.) Did anyone bother to ask how they'll double capacity if they need to add more seats?

1) I answered #1 above.
5) I didn’t ask but it would seem to be more seats under one of the balconies plus added seats in the stage area.

A 4,000+ capacity would be very loud and a def home court advantage with fans so close to the court. Added bonus. Refs can clearly hear you.

Thanks. Looking to make the July 15 game vs. Chicago.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 05/26/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
toad455 wrote:

1) I answered #1 above.

Thanks. Looking to make the July 15 game vs. Chicago.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty announced a sellout and now that im.just now getting time to watch i see a few empty seats im that 2300 count. Maybe Dolan knows more than we think? Question

PostPosted: 05/26/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Liberty announced a sellout and now that im.just now getting time to watch i see a few empty seats im that 2300 count. Maybe Dolan knows more than we think? Question

And just what does that mean ?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/26/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

And just what does that mean ?

Frightening to consider.

PostPosted: 05/26/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What does it mean ? If you post something like that PLEASE explain !

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/26/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I’m guessing the post means if the building is sold out then somehow it means that Dolan made a better decision than appeared on the surface? Like I said just a guess.

PostPosted: 05/26/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then maybe the poster will tell us what it meant! When you start a post
with " might be wrong" ...it usually is

Randy

PostPosted: 05/26/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty fans overanalyze everything. Even WNBA09's posts..... Razz

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/26/18 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stupid posts are stupid posts !

mathmaggie

PostPosted: 05/26/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

2300 in small space can probably be pretty loud. I think the real question is how much excitement do you feel going into the place? That's why a lot fans go to games.

!) The atmosphere is cozy...but you could see a lot of empty seats. There is an overhang downstairs that causes the seats not to be really stadium seating. It's cramped. It's more lijke a high school gym. I think it's insulting to a professional team.
2) There is parking in front of the stadium. The tran ride is $21.50 round trim followed by a 10-minute walk to the stadium.
3) It's a Pepsi place and there is one small concession stand that I saw with a table set up for shits and stuff like that beside it.
4) There is absolutely nothing around there.
5) I don't know anything about doubling the capacity. It's about 35 miles fro NYC so I don't know that many people will be going considering the tie, cost, and quality of the venue. I'd like to see what the Knicks would say if they were put there.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/27/18 5:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Official attendance: 2,315

I suspect that that will be the announced attendance for the rest of the season unless they add seats. With the typical announced attendance padding that these teams do, they could have 10 people in the stands and announce 2315 and be within league norms.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think some teams add more than 2000 to the total, but it is easier to get away claiming 5000 is 7000 than 10 is 2310. Smile

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Liberty fans overanalyze everything. Even WNBA09's posts..... Razz

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think some teams add more than 2000 to the total, but it is easier to get away claiming 5000 is 7000 than 10 is 2310. Smile

Exactly!

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
What does it mean ? If you post something like that PLEASE explain !

Basically meaning those past numbers of 10,000 a game could pretty much be inflated or.possibly even a lie. Losing money with numbers announced just doesnt make sense so maybe 10,000 was just for show and not the actual attendance after all.

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a person who attended just about every MSG game I’d say the Libs ticket numbers were much less inflated than most. If a crowd of say 9,500 was announced that meant the lower bowl was just about full.

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The lower bowl at MSG held just over 10k. Liberty numbers were pretty much accurate, IMO. The thing with Liberty games is there were typically a ton of comps given out. Usually in the general admission seating. So the question would be how many of the 9-10k that showed up actually paid?

Randy

PostPosted: 05/27/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The lower bowl at MSG held just over 10k. Liberty numbers were pretty much accurate, IMO. The thing with Liberty games is there were typically a ton of comps given out. Usually in the general admission seating. So the question would be how many of the 9-10k that showed up actually paid?

Other teams also give out tons of tickets. At least NY got them to come to games. But that probably is part of the whole MSG aura. Having a ticket to anything at MSG would probably be hard to pass up, free or otherewise.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Other teams also give out tons of tickets. At least NY got them to come to games. But that probably is part of the whole MSG aura. Having a ticket to anything at MSG would probably be hard to pass up, free or otherewise.

It probably doesn't hurt that no less than 10 subway line are with in a block, the Long Island railroad is also there as we'll as the path train from Jersey, so it is easy to get to and there are actually a ton of restaurants and shopping a block away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: