Storm
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Mercury
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

Shades

PostPosted: 05/22/18 9:42 am    ::: Storm @ Mercury - 5/23/18 Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix, AZ - 10:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180523/SEAPHO/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018793

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamj95

PostPosted: 05/23/18 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Phoenix!

PostPosted: 05/23/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG should be able to torch Langhorne again.
miller40

PostPosted: 05/23/18 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't believe they're playing again so soon.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/23/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fourth straight game against the Mercury for the Storm. Don't know who scheduled that ?!?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/23/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
Fourth straight game against the Mercury for the Storm. Don't know who scheduled that ?!?

They Threw the Wings in to start to season for PHX to avoid it looking so pre-meditated i guess Laughing

PostPosted: 05/23/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:

Another reason we need expansion, to vary the schedule more

#NATC

PostPosted: 05/23/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard getting the start tonight for Seattle according to their Twitter

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

They could start Whitcomb at center, it won't matter tonight. Games like this vs. Griner, Fowles, Cambage & J Jones will kill Seattle without having a true starting center.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if it is an employee-only thing or not, but my sister is at a Nike-sponsored watch party. She just sent me a video of her asking her almost-3-year-old sports-obsessed son, "OK, what do you yell?" He says, "Um...go Storm!" Very Happy

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMFG: Just caught my first glimpse of KML. Front runner for the "Danielle Adams busting out of the uniform" award. Wherever she played overseas, she sure as hell found the pastry cart!

~rAf
mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
OMFG: Just caught my first glimpse of KML. Front runner for the "Danielle Adams busting out of the uniform" award. Wherever she played overseas, she sure as hell found the pastry cart!

I got so mad at Diana a minute ago on defense. Literally all you have to do is stand next to KML..and Diana went ball hawking.

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I got so mad at Diana a minute ago on defense. Literally all you have to do is stand next to KML..and Diana went ball hawking.

#KML = Pastry Carts Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/24/18 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Hope she's got a backup career plan. Besides being the Pillsbury doughboy. Seriously, where was she at the nutrition classes they have pre camp? I don't think "Pastry Carts" is the nickname a player wants to own.

~rAf
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/24/18 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

They could start Whitcomb at center, it won't matter tonight. Games like this vs. Griner, Fowles, Cambage & J Jones will kill Seattle without having a true starting center.

*should* kill Seattle.

Failure to consistently dominate against "inferior" opponents is exactly why I think league MVP predictions for BG are very optimistic. The player she can be, and the player she is, still don't coincide often enough.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle's bench:

Paris +12
Canada +5
KML +4
Whitcomb +3
Muldrow +3
Langhorne -1

For the second consecutive gsme,with the exception of Langhorne.Every bench player was in the positive....That's a good sign.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/24/18 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 05/24/18 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Be 6'8,and grab a total of 4 rebounds against an undersized frontline.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/24/18 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Hope she's got a backup career plan. Besides being the Pillsbury doughboy. Seriously, where was she at the nutrition classes they have pre camp? I don't think "Pastry Carts" is the nickname a player wants to own.

Do have to start wondering when Seattle gives up on her. Doesn't seem she can do much more than hit a 3 once in a while.

BTW - did Howard really play center as listed in the box score?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes KML is heavy, but this thread is brutal. Has she actually done anything to earn these attacks besides having an obvious weight issue? I may be sexist, but you can comment on someone's weight without being so harsh.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Yes KML is heavy, but this thread is brutal. Has she actually done anything to earn these attacks besides having an obvious weight issue? I may be sexist, but you can comment on someone's weight without being so harsh.

Oh they are being mild compared to how they were with Shoni and Danielle.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/24/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KML is an interesting case ... she's clearly a bust in terms of her draft position and subsequent performance, and on that alone, she's going to draw criticism (plus being from UConn). Evelyn Akhator gets the same kind of treatment, really.

The question, though, is whether commenting on her weight is legitimate or not. If we say a player shoots so poorly she could build a brick mansion, that is definitely insulting, but since we don't, as a culture, shame people who perform a particular athletic skill poorly, it most likely falls into a different category.

On the other hand, it is not out of the realm of possibility that KML's inability to justify her draft position is because of her issues with weight and conditioning. If so, then that would seem to be fair game, and "pastry cart" and "brick mansion" are both hyperbolic descriptions.

So should KML get a pass on what might be the reason she's not doing well because of overriding cultural concerns? If so, then should there be similar protections for players like Akhator?

PostPosted: 05/24/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
KML is an interesting case ... she's clearly a bust in terms of her draft position and subsequent performance, and on that alone, she's going to draw criticism (plus being from UConn). Evelyn Akhator gets the same kind of treatment, really.

The question, though, is whether commenting on her weight is legitimate or not. If we say a player shoots so poorly she could build a brick mansion, that is definitely insulting, but since we don't, as a culture, shame people who perform a particular athletic skill poorly, it most likely falls into a different category.

On the other hand, it is not out of the realm of possibility that KML's inability to justify her draft position is because of her issues with weight and conditioning. If so, then that would seem to be fair game, and "pastry cart" and "brick mansion" are both hyperbolic descriptions.

So should KML get a pass on what might be the reason she's not doing well because of overriding cultural concerns? If so, then should there be similar protections for players like Akhator?

That's why I thought I was probably being sexist, as if the player were male, I would find the ridicule less demeaning. I think you can comment on her weight affecting her play, but these comments seem more like ridicule than criticism.

As for the Ahkator/KML comparison, KML was projected to be the 2nd pick, so her lack of productivity is somewhat shocking from that perscpective. Ahkator was predicted to be late first round/early second and the fact that she was a lottery pick says more about the Wings' poor judgement than Evelyn's lack of effort or conditioning. I'm just happy that the Wings realized their error and cut her (like Jankoska) rather than pulled a Dream play and keep her like Dietrick.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/24/18 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't really get that last comment - the Dream never drafted Dietrick - she is an end of bench player signed to a training camp contract. Hardly comparable to drafting a player 3rd and then cutting her a year later or keeping a high draft position player around who doesn't appear to be in shape and who has never really performed.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/24/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I don't really get that last comment - the Dream never drafted Dietrick - she is an end of bench player signed to a training camp contract. Hardly comparable to drafting a player 3rd and then cutting her a year later or keeping a high draft position player around who doesn't appear to be in shape and who has never really performed.

McGee-Stafford would be a better comparison

PostPosted: 05/24/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, posters love to trash the Dream, so why not. The team did fire the coach after that and no one has come up with a better backup center the team should get instead of IMS. I guess we could have drafted Russell with the 3rd pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: