RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Congrats to...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 07/11/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kristi Toliver, the 24th player in WNBA history to reach 1000 assists! Lil Mopey is 31 years, 165 days old. She is the 13th youngest to reach 1000. She took 303 games to reach 1000, the 14th fastest ever. She is the 1st player from the class of 2009 to reach 1000 assists!

She would be the youngest to 2000 assists if she got there by 30 April 2020. Should would be the fastest to 2000 if she got there in her next 32 games.

I coined that nickname!

~rAf
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kristi Toliver, the 24th player in WNBA history to reach 1000 assists! Lil Mopey is 31 years, 165 days old. She is the 13th youngest to reach 1000. She took 303 games to reach 1000, the 14th fastest ever. She is the 1st player from the class of 2009 to reach 1000 assists!

She would be the youngest to 2000 assists if she got there by 30 April 2020. Should would be the fastest to 2000 if she got there in her next 32 games.

I coined that nickname!

Doesn't even really apply any more, though. I've repeatedly found myself thinking during Mystics games this season how impressed I am with her development. She used to be an unmitigated gunner, and a character question mark, and a continual threat to turn the ball over under pressure. Now she's still got the shot, but her ability to run a team, run the pick-and-roll, pass the ball and generally behave like an adult has grown exponentially. She's come a very long way from the middle of those LA years, never mind from Chicago pretty much giving her away for nothing after her rookie season.

PostPosted: 07/14/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight, you made me laugh my butt off with your posts in this thread. Smile

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 07/14/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:

I coined that nickname!

Doesn't even really apply any more, though. I've repeatedly found myself thinking during Mystics games this season how impressed I am with her development. She used to be an unmitigated gunner, and a character question mark, and a continual threat to turn the ball over under pressure. Now she's still got the shot, but her ability to run a team, run the pick-and-roll, pass the ball and generally behave like an adult has grown exponentially. She's come a very long way from the middle of those LA years, never mind from Chicago pretty much giving her away for nothing after her rookie season.

I agree with this assessment. KTO grew up as a player and a person.

~rAf
Shades

PostPosted: 07/15/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Dont quickest to 3000 pts

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elena Delle Donne, the 63rd player in WNBA history to score 3000 points! Elle of the Ball is 28 years, 313 days old. She is the 20th youngest to score 3000. She took 148 games to score 3000, the fastest ever! She is the 1st player from the class of 2013 to score 3000!

She would be the fastest to 4000 if she got there in her next 49 games.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DeWanna Bonner, the 36th player in WNBA history to score 4000 points! Swizzle Stick is 30 years, 329 days old. She is the 13th youngest to score 4000. She took 290 games to score 4000, the 19th fastest ever. She is the 2nd player from the class of 2009 to score 4000.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s Talking Stick

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/16/18 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
It’s Talking Stick

Talking Stick is the arena name.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/16/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
It’s Talking Stick

I know, that’s why it’s perfect.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/16/18 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1018882702114742272/pu/vid/720x720/UOLZIqnZsuPenzXx.mp4

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/16/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
It’s Talking Stick

That is what makes it silly. Giving her a nickname of the arena sponsor? Are we going to call Candace Parker "Staples" going forward?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/16/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess the joke is calling Bonner "Talking Stick" was because she's skinny, and skinny people are referred to as a stick? And Bonner talks? There you have, Dewanna "The Talking Stick" Bonner. Laughing

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/16/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
I guess the joke is calling Bonner "Talking Stick" was because she's skinny, and skinny people are referred to as a stick? And Bonner talks? There you have, Dewanna "The Talking Stick" Bonner. Laughing

I understood the joke. It just is not funny.

Bonner has been in the league since 2009. Calling her a "stick" is not necessarily a funny or new joke.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/16/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Bonner has been in the league since 2009. Calling her a "stick" is not necessarily a funny or new joke.

Ahhh, gotcha. Didn't mean to insult Bonner by clearing that up.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/16/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Ahhh, gotcha. Didn't mean to insult Bonner by clearing that up.

Oh, no need to apologize. I did not take it as an insult. I just thought it was an obvious joke and not a particularly funny one nine years later. But hardly insulting.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/16/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
It’s Talking Stick

That is what makes it silly. Giving her a nickname of the arena sponsor? Are we going to call Candace Parker "Staples" going forward?

If the name fits, why not? People seemed to think it was funny back when the arena was renamed Talking Stick (not 9 years ago).

If Staples fits Candace Parker for you, then by all means, use it. Perhaps you could reason she was the centerfold for her edition of ESPN The Body. You’re a genius for that. I’ll give you full credit even though I came up with the correlation.

Were you okay with “Swizzle Stick”? Did that amuse you? I’m not of the drinking set, so I don’t find it very relatable. “Talking Stick” should be relatable to more women’s basketball fans. “Hey, they named the arena after Bonner. That’s quite an honor.”

Maybe I should be nicknamed after Target Arena because I seem to be the only target in here. Pilight, good job with Swizzle Stick. That was hilarious. “Talking Stick” makes absolutely no sense, even though Stick is the common denominator between both nicknames.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/16/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
It’s Talking Stick

If the name fits, why not? People seemed to think it was funny back when the arena was renamed Talking Stick (not 9 years ago).

If Staples fits Candace Parker for you, then by all means, use it. Perhaps you could reason she was the centerfold for her edition of ESPN The Body. You’re a genius for that. I’ll give you full credit even though I came up with the correlation.

Were you okay with “Swizzle Stick”? Did that amuse you? I’m not of the drinking set, so I don’t find it very relatable. “Talking Stick” should be relatable to more women’s basketball fans. “Hey, they named the arena after Bonner. That’s quite an honor.”

Maybe I should be nicknamed after Target Arena because I seem to be the only target in here. Pilight, good job with Swizzle Stick. That was hilarious. “Talking Stick” makes absolutely no sense, even though Stick is the common denominator between both nicknames.

You seem to be continally confused about this: Pilight doesn't make up the nicknames. He pulls them from the history of this board.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/16/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
You seem to be continally confused about this: Pilight doesn't make up the nicknames. He pulls them from the history of this board.

Sometimes I make them up. Sometimes I get them from elsewhere on the net. Sometimes I get them from actual fans at games.

PostPosted: 07/16/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
It’s Talking Stick

I just dont think Shades cares to be honest .Its more of his answer is the only right answer in his "Brain" Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/16/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Sometimes I make them up. Sometimes I get them from elsewhere on the net. Sometimes I get them from actual fans at games.

Thank you, pilight. That was honorable. I think we now know who is “continually confused”, and as Shaggy would put it, it wasn’t me.

You are the only one who has ever referred to Bonner as Swizzle Stick on this board, as confirmed by search, and it’s never been clarified. Therefore YOU are the only history of Swizzle Stick on this board.

I don’t have a problem with it. I was just pointing out my personal preference as I did 3 years ago when Bonner reached some milestone. My mentioning it 3 years ago didn’t create havoc, but this year somebody has a problem with it. I must be Target.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/16/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

People, who? When? Where?

Shades wrote:
Were you okay with “Swizzle Stick”? Did that amuse you? I’m not of the drinking set, so I don’t find it very relatable.

I did not care for it, nor did I find it all clever. It also made me think of Swizzle Inn in Phoenix, not Bonner.

But I liked it better than "Talking Stick."

Shades wrote:
“Talking Stick” should be relatable to more women’s basketball fans. “Hey, they named the arena after Bonner. That’s quite an honor.”

How is relatable to women's basketball fans, when it is the name of the arena in which the Suns and Rattlers both play?

Shades wrote:
Maybe I should be nicknamed after Target Arena because I seem to be the only target in here.

Or you could be nicknamed "The Victim," based on the above post.

Shades wrote:
Pilight, good job with Swizzle Stick. That was hilarious. “Talking Stick” makes absolutely no sense, even though Stick is the common denominator between both nicknames.

Frankly, I do not understand the point of randomly giving players nicknames in the first place, but hey, if pilight wants to do that for all his posts in the "Congrats to," good on him.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/16/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Thank you, pilight. That was honorable. I think we now know who is “continually confused”, and as Shaggy would put it, it wasn’t me.

You are the only one who has ever referred to Bonner as Swizzle Stick on this board, as confirmed by search, and it’s never been clarified. Therefore YOU are the only history of Swizzle Stick on this board.

I don’t have a problem with it. I was just pointing out my personal preference as I did 3 years ago when Bonner reached some milestone. My mentioning it 3 years ago didn’t create havoc, but this year somebody has a problem with it. I must be Target.

I apologize for getting it wrong this time. It isn't the first time you have laid into Pilight for misplaced reasons, so it was easy to assume this time as well.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/16/18 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Frankly, I do not understand the point of randomly giving players nicknames in the first place, but hey, if pilight wants to do that for all his posts in the "Congrats to," good on him.

Nicknames are fun. We're supposed to be having fun, right?

PostPosted: 07/16/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Elena Delle Donne, the 63rd player in WNBA history to score 3000 points! Elle of the Ball is 28 years, 313 days old. She is the 20th youngest to score 3000. She took 148 games to score 3000, the fastest ever! She is the 1st player from the class of 2013 to score 3000!

'Fastest ever' is an interesting one there, considering how many games she's missed. It's 148 that she's played in, but 192 that she could've played in. I bet there are players who reached 3000 in under 192 games played by the teams they were on. Availability is important.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: