Board Junkies Forums

Trade proposal thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/16/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
And people thought the IMS trade was bad. Minny could trade a possible lottery pick (and they have 2 chances to get one) for Vaughn? Or even Stokes? Well - this would give Reeve a chance to show how much she really loves vets and hates rooks......

It's already obvious that Reeve really loves vets and hates young players. She got rid of a player who I thought was supposed to be really good (but I hid it on here through sarcasm, because I was afraid I might be wrong, and didn't want to be made fun of for it) in Natasha Howard so she could sign the uninspiring Kizer, and as many guards as possible for her to be able to DNP-Coach's Decision Alexis Jones for the entire season.
If the Lynx don't miss the playoffs this year (as their only hope to undo the damage done is PPs), I'm canceling my tickets, because, if it wasn't for David "You're going to love Jonny Flynn (over Stephen Curry)" Kahn, this may be biggest case of incompetence I have ever seen as a Minnesota sports fan (and that's a low bar), because I thought the Lynx are supposed to be trying to win it all this year, but weakening your bench, and making mistakes 1st grade teams don't make (not using fouls-to give when the other team's most clutch player has the ball) would otherwise make this seem like this is more obvious of a tank-job than the 2012 Mercury.

I would like to share that I really have enjoyed your posts.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/16/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Pretty sure CT is happy with their young crew and not looking to mess it up for years to come.

Until they lose in the playoffs to some team with a legit superstar.

The Mystics?

Sparks, Storm, Mercury, or maybe even the Mystics, yes (though unlikely this year)

In a close playoff game, you want Taurasi or Gray. Not Courtney Williams.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/17/18 4:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dupree to Minny for 2019 1st rd pk.

Dupree to NY for 2019 1st rd pk.

Dupree to Chi. for Coates,Faulkner & 2019 2nd rd pk

Yeah,Dupree demanded a trade when she played for Chicago,but we don't know the reason(s) why.

I don't think Pokey's all that happy with the PG situation in Indy...Faulkner had a career year under Chatman.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/17/18 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dupree to Minny for 2019 1st rd pk.

Dupree to NY for 2019 1st rd pk.

Dupree to Chi. for Coates,Faulkner & 2019 2nd rd pk

Yeah,Dupree demanded a trade when she played for Chicago,but we don't know the reason(s) why.

I don't think Pokey's all that happy with the PG situation in Indy...Faulkner had a career year under Chatman.

The reason was the coach although it may be different now with coach stocks the ownership remains the same. Dupree going back to chicago will not happen.

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel to LV for Harrison,Coffey and 2019 1st rd pick.

I think it's time for ATL to move on from McCoughtry.Under the new playoff format.I just don't see the Dream going back to the finals with this roster.Trading Angel while she still has some value would be the smart move to make.Atlanta getting a lottery pick by missing the playoffs,then getting a top 6 pick(LV) plus Coffey and Harrison would really expedite the rebuilding process...............Pairing a 18+ ppg primary scorer with Wison & McBride would be very enticing for Laimbeer.

Last edited by zune69 on 06/20/18 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I think it's time for ATL to move on from McCoughtry.Under the new playoff format.I just don't see the Dream going back to the finals with this roster.Trading Angel while she still has some value would be the smart move to make.Atlanta getting a lottery pick by missing the playoffs,then getting a top 6(LV) pick plus Coffey and Harrison would really expedite the rebuilding process...............Pairing a 18+ ppg primary scorer with Wison & McBride would be very enticing for Laimbeer.

This actually seems like a Decent trade

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I think it's time for ATL to move on from McCoughtry.Under the new playoff format.I just don't see the Dream going back to the finals with this roster.Trading Angel while she still has some value would be the smart move to make.Atlanta getting a lottery pick by missing the playoffs,then getting a top 6(LV) pick plus Coffey and Harrison would really expedite the rebuilding process...............Pairing a 18+ ppg primary scorer with Wison & McBride would be very enticing for Laimbeer.

I said that last season. Probably an ok deal, but not sure why LV wants to add Angel because they won't be a contender with her this year or over the next few years. Looking at teams that might be a contender with Angel I would think about DC, NY, Dallas, and the Sun. I don't think Thibault is really and Angel fan so DC is probably out. Dallas would like Angel (supposedly tried to get her once) but maybe Angel doesn't like Dallas. NY - seems to lack the assets, but maybe their FRP, Nurse and Stokes (and that might not even be enough.) Maybe the Sun - but does Angel want to spend her summers there? I think I proposed Angel for Jones already and that was shot down.

Bottom line, I'll say it before pilight does - Angel is not going anywhere.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My gut says Angel wants to be in Atl. She has built a life there. Part of me thinks the rumors of a trade to Dallas last year helped her decide to sit out (pure speculation on my part). Angel makes enough over seas and with other ventures that she might sit out rather than go somewhere she doesn't want to go.
Again I don't know if this is the case but I don't see Angel being traded at this point in her career unless she demands one.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/20/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
My gut says Angel wants to be in Atl. She has built a life there. Part of me thinks the rumors of a trade to Dallas last year helped her decide to sit out (pure speculation on my part). Angel makes enough over seas and with other ventures that she might sit out rather than go somewhere she doesn't want to go.
Again I don't know if this is the case but I don't see Angel being traded at this point in her career unless she demands one.

I too felt like that too regarding the Dallas rumor. I think she also said in Players Tribune she wanted to play in Atlanta. I'm more worried about Tip wanting to leave than Angel.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/21/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

A decent trade for Atlanta, maybe. LV needs to give some of their young players a couple of years instead of throwing away their future for an All-Star who's not going to give them a championship now.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/21/18 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You need two stars to win a Championship(Indiana was the exception)...Wilson & McCoughtry would give LV two legit stars.McBride would be great as the 3rd option.

G-Jefferson
G-McBride
C-Park
F-Wilson
F-McCoughtry
6-Plum
7-Hamby
8-Young
9-Nared
10-Allen

With 1 or 2 acquisitions.LV could be a legit title contender in 2 years...The development of Jefferson & Park will be crucial.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/21/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is a post with one half-decent WNBA season (on a terrible team) and a chequered injury history (plus currently unknown health), a combo-forward shooting 38% from the field in her first vaguely meaningful WNBA action and a pick, really the best offer Atlanta would get for their star player? That'd better end up a damn good pick in a good draft. If that's my best offer I just keep her, and then if necessary trade her in the offseason. That's not a package worth jumping on just because it's there.

PostPosted: 06/21/18 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harrison and Coffey are both rotation players....A top 6 pick in the 2019 Draft would give Atlanta another quality young player(Brown,McCowen,Samuelson,Durr,Collier.Magbergor,maybe Ionescu).....By trading Angel,Atlanta would fall into the lottery and get a higher draft pick......Atlanta could also pick up extra picks and young players by trading Williams,Montgomey and Breland.

Remember,LV/SA only won 8 games last season.Even if they won 17-20 games this season....they have an almost 100% chance of getting a top 4 pick....So Atlanta would end up with two lottery picks.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/21/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Harrison and Coffey are both rotation players....A top 6 pick in the 2019 Draft would give Atlanta another quality young player(Brown,McCowen,Samuelson,Durr,Collier.Magbergor,maybe Ionescu).....By trading Angel,Atlanta would fall into the lottery and get a higher draft pick......Atlanta could also pick up extra picks and young players by trading Williams,Montgomey and Breland.

Remember,LV/SA only won 8 games last season.Even if they won 17-20 games this season....they have an almost 100% chance of getting a top 4 pick....So Atlanta would end up with two lottery picks.

That only applies if they miss the play-offs.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/21/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
zune69 wrote:

That only applies if they miss the play-offs.

True....But a trade of this magnitude would more than likely happen right before the trade deadline(July 28th) LV would probably have a 10-15 record at that point,and that's being very generous....Even if LV went 6-3 to close the season and finished with a 16-18 record.Making the playoffs would not be a guarantee...LV would finish with a 7th or 8th seed at best.....Which means Atlanta would still get a top 6 pick.

Realistically,LV will be 8-17 at the dealine,finish the season 6-3(after trade),and end up with a 14-20 record(Lottery pick)

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/21/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel has enough Lori Ann to put the kibash on any trade to anyplace she doesn't want to go. She might be perfectly happy to make her money overseas in the Winter, then eat ice cream in the Summer.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 06/27/18 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two games in a row now that Alexis Jones has gotten 0:00 playing time and 0:47 the game before that.

Does she have an undisclosed injury or is she in the Reeve doghouse?

Any trade ideas? I could be up for a trade for future consideration, and then bring Wagner back.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/27/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Take your pick, Lucas, Dietrick or the worst of the 2 2nd round picks the Dream have in 2019.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/27/18 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A.Jones for Zahui b.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/27/18 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Take your pick, Lucas

No, would much rather have Wagner back.

Randy wrote:
Dietrick

She’d get even less seconds than AJones.

Randy wrote:
or the worst of the 2 2nd round picks the Dream have in 2019.

Are you sure you don’t mean ”and“?

Remind me again how you got 2 second round picks?

I think Reeve may be targeting a DRob-like guard in next year’s draft (except she can hit an occasional three), so a second round pick may do the trick.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/27/18 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok AND: Lucas AND Dietrick AND the worst 2rp. We got the SUN 2rp for Holmes as you may recall.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/27/18 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
A.Jones for Zahui b.

Yeah, New York desperately need another guard for Smith to have no clue how to fit into her rotation.

PostPosted: 06/27/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Ok AND: Lucas AND Dietrick AND the worst 2rp. We got the SUN 2rp for Holmes as you may recall.

That was this year’s second round pick, not next year’s.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/27/18 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We also got the 2019 2rp.

http://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-trade-bria-holmes-connecticut-sun/

Quote:
Dream acquire No. 15 pick in 2018 WNBA Draft, 2019 second-round selection from Sun

ATLANTA – The Atlanta Dream have traded forward Bria Holmes to the Connecticut Sun for the rights to the Sun’s second-round pick (No. 15 overall) in tonight’s WNBA Draft and a 2019 second-round pick, it was announced Thursday.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/27/18 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
We also got the 2019 2rp.

http://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-trade-bria-holmes-connecticut-sun/

Quote:
Dream acquire No. 15 pick in 2018 WNBA Draft, 2019 second-round selection from Sun

ATLANTA – The Atlanta Dream have traded forward Bria Holmes to the Connecticut Sun for the rights to the Sun’s second-round pick (No. 15 overall) in tonight’s WNBA Draft and a 2019 second-round pick, it was announced Thursday.

Hmm.... I guess that never sunk in. Is Miller nuts or just trying to help Collen out... or both?

*Connecticut pays half of Holmes’ salary while she sits the season out.
*ATL got Billings with CON’s second round pick, who has been useful to the team this season.
*ATL could get another useful player with CON’s second round pick next year if they play their cards right.

Last edited by Shades on 06/27/18 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: