RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trade proposal thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Or Johnson for Harrison + LV 2nd (if they still have one?).

As far as I know we still don't know what issue Harrison's dealing with, but assuming it's short-term I'd certainly be tempted by something like that if I were Dallas. But I'm not sure how happy Glory would be stuck behind Wilson, or if Vegas would feel they need her while trying to develop Wilson as their star.

So maybe we send Harrison to Dallas, Glory to Chicago to fill that 4 spot, and one of Chicago's many wings (like, say, Copper) to Vegas. With whoever can talk their way into an extra pick getting some extra scraps to even things out.

PostPosted: 05/27/18 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn’t just randomly trade Johnson, especially if she’s not a locker room problem and has bonded well with the team. There’s nothing wrong with a team having some serious depth. That’s how you win championships. That’s how a team manages well through injuries, a compacted season, and foul trouble. Johnson has been working on her range to be more perimeter-oriented, and she can still work in the trenches.

Just think when the Wings are back to full strength with Powers and Plaisance. What a luxury for Fred Williams. He can do frequent subs without losing the level of play.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I wouldn’t just randomly trade Johnson, especially if she’s not a locker room problem and has bonded well with the team. There’s nothing wrong with a team having some serious depth. That’s how you win championships. That’s how a team manages well through injuries, a compacted season, and foul trouble. Johnson has been working on her range to be more perimeter-oriented, and she can still work in the trenches.

Just think when the Wings are back to full strength with Powers and Plaisance. What a luxury for Fred Williams. He can do frequent subs without losing the level of play.

Omg ugh thanks shades , idk why people are back on the trade glory train. Its not happening especially for an unproven posts.Once again giving up scraps for a dinner plate Laughing

PostPosted: 05/27/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glory Johnson for DeWanna Bonner and Marie Gulich. She can be reunited with Britney Griner. Laughing Laughing Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Glory Johnson for DeWanna Bonner and Marie Gulich. She can be reunited with Britney Griner. Laughing Laughing Laughing

don't...even.....go.....there!

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 05/31/18 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Langhorne for Nared.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/01/18 4:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Langhorne for Nared.

Interesting. Would Wilson start at center, or Langhorne? I still think Langhorne's best option is to go to Chicago.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
chapulana

PostPosted: 06/01/18 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Langhorne for Nared.

Could you explain?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/01/18 5:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right now with Howard starting i dont see a reason to trade Langhorne right away (only if we can get a solid center). Let Langhorne come off the bench and add to the bench production. She has always been one of the most efficient players in the league. Always shooting a high fieldgoal %. So if there is anyone that can be effective off the bench it's Langhorne.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 06/01/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chapulana wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Langhorne for Nared.

Could you explain?

Michelle89 wrote:
Right now with Howard starting i dont see a reason to trade Langhorne right away (only if we can get a solid center). Let Langhorne come off the bench and add to the bench production. She has always been one of the most efficient players in the league. Always shooting a high fieldgoal %. So if there is anyone that can be effective off the bench it's Langhorne.

1.The emergence of Howard...
2.How many more times can Seattle core Langhorne?...At some point,she's going to sign with another franchise.
3.Seattle needs a SF with size and upside(Nared...6'2)
4.In Seattle's last two postseason appearances,Langhorne was bad:4.5p/5r/37%/4.5 fouls in 21 mpg.

I believe Langhorne can provide value coming off the bench.However,Seattle can't core KL forever...Acquiring a young SF would be a wise move.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/01/18 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
chapulana wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Langhorne for Nared.

Could you explain?

Michelle89 wrote:

2.How many more times can Seattle core Langhorne?...At some point,she's going to sign with another franchise.
4.In Seattle's last two postseason appearances,Langhorne was bad:4.5p/5r/37%/4.5 fouls in 21 mpg.

I believe Langhorne can provide value coming off the bench.However,Seattle can't core KL forever...Acquiring a young SF would be a wise move.

Why would Las Vegas make that trade?

basketballologist

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
zune69 wrote:
chapulana wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Langhorne for Nared.

Could you explain?

Michelle89 wrote:

Langhorne to Indiana for Victoria Vivians

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
zune69 wrote:
chapulana wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Langhorne for Nared.

Could you explain?

Michelle89 wrote:

Langhorne to Indiana for Victoria Vivians

Laughing Laughing Laughing

zune69

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

1.LV desperately needs a backup post...Bone has been shockingly bad: 1.0p/1.5r/2.5a/1.5t/18%/0% in 12.2 mpg

2.Nared continues to fall lower and lower on the LV depth chart...She only plays during blowouts...Nared had a DNP in LV's home opener against Seattle(close game=No PT)

Shades

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer can just see what he’s got until Harrison returns.

If he passed on Russell, makes me think he gave guaranteed contract to at least Swords. Not sure why he’d give one to Bone tho. She was just happy to be playing where she lives.

Not sure what’s going on with Bone. How could she go from MIP to table scraps in a few years? Patience may be best move. The whole team needs a little patience.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 06/01/18 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

1.LV desperately needs a backup post...Bone has been shockingly bad: 1.0p/1.5r/2.5a/1.5t/18%/0% in 12.2 mpg

2.Nared continues to fall lower and lower on the LV depth chart...She only plays during blowouts...Nared had a DNP in LV's home opener against Seattle(close game=No PT)

If you are building for the future (contingent on high draft picks), you don't do that by pick up fading 11-year back-ups.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:22 pm    ::: Re: Trade proposal thread Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I.McGee-Stafford for K.Mosqueda-lewis.

I don't think McGee-Stafford is in the future plans of the Dream...Atlanta desperately needs a 3 pt shooter.Atlanta was the worst 3 pt shooting team last season,and shot 5-18 in their season opener....Seattle could use some size in the post.

Suddenly this deal is looking a little better. Laughing

zune69

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

If you are building for the future (contingent on high draft picks), you don't do that by pick up fading 11-year back-ups.

If you're building for the future, you don't sign Young and Swords.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Agreed. I don't they should have done that either, though you do have to fill a roster somehow.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I can see a couple of experienced players in the mix to kind of lead the way for the younger ones and to provide some stability on the court. Not sure I'd go for Langhorne though if I were LV.

I would give Seattle one of the Dream's 2nd round picks in 2019 for Langhorne though.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/01/18 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
zune69 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I can see a couple of experienced players in the mix to kind of lead the way for the younger ones and to provide some stability on the court. Not sure I'd go for Langhorne though if I were LV.

I would give Seattle one of the Dream's 2nd round picks in 2019 for Langhorne though.

Langhorne strikes me as a player that could make a difference for a team that was close and needs some additional help to get over the hump. Say, if we're a little deeper in the season and Chicago looks like a play-off team.

On the other hand, that team could also be Seattle.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 06/01/18 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about Requina for your lottery pick next year Laughing Laughing

chapulana

PostPosted: 06/01/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

On the other hand, that team could also be Seattle.

This closes it. My exact reasoning. Veteran, rotation, on team with chances (at least judging by what we've seen so far,... The destination would exactly fill that description, and Seattle does too, so I think holding on her is the most reasonable thing.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/01/18 6:45 pm    ::: Re: Trade proposal thread Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I.McGee-Stafford for K.Mosqueda-lewis.

I don't think McGee-Stafford is in the future plans of the Dream...Atlanta desperately needs a 3 pt shooter.Atlanta was the worst 3 pt shooting team last season,and shot 5-18 in their season opener....Seattle could use some size in the post.

Suddenly this deal is looking a little better. Laughing

Seattle pick up Russell and her talent level is equal to McGee-Stafford. No deal.

PostPosted: 06/01/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happens with Toks contract next year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: