40%  [ 12 ]
Lynx
60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 30

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 05/20/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I hate the official’s proclivity to cater to Minnesota’s antics.

GRAY

Cosign

PostPosted: 05/20/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jantel & Masha needs to hurry on up and join their teammates. They may not be available until next weekend.

bryan_february_ wrote:
I'm glad the Sparks won this one. The calls against them at the end were bogus.

Bologna. I thought it was me. Im proud of Nneka for not fouling out. The old Nneka would've had 4 fouls by halftime LOL

mad but not really they won on a last second shot that everyone in the building knew gray was gonna take... 24 freaking TO for a "veteran" team is just inexcusable ..some of mayas quick shots might as well be TO's as well,
once lynx can gel i really like the additions and kiezer looked good so thats a plus

PostPosted: 05/20/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even after they win the sparks stans whine oh brother Laughing

jap

PostPosted: 05/20/18 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next stop: Indiana for a Tuesday night match against the Fever. Then on to Connecticut on Thursday night before the home opener next Sunday vs the Merc.

PostPosted: 05/20/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice win, Sparks Twisted Evil

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 05/20/18 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On paper, we had no business being in that game, let alone winning that game. Yes, Minnesota's sloppy basketball and turnovers helped a lot, but really proud of the way our team executed and pulled it out on (another!!) buzzer beater by Gray. She had three defenders on her, and still pulled it off! Well done indeed.

I thought Gray, Ogwumike, and Sims all played really well, and we would not have won it without them. However, I thought the unsung heroes were Carson and Williams. Carson was knocking down her shot, looked good in that pick and pop, and played some pretty solid defense. Williams looked energized, in control, and yes it is only one game, but she looked much better than last year.

It was strange watching Pondexter and Williams both in and being somewhat gun-shy. Maybe it's them getting acclimated to Agler and their new teammates, but at first, I was happy seeing them pass and look for others, but after a while, I was like, "Come on you are in there to create a shot for yourself or for others." The Sparks having options is a good thing.

Wiese didn't get as many minutes as I thought she should, but as others have suggested, I suppose Samuelson got the minutes because she is a bit bigger.

All thinks considered, I'm happy with the W, and hopeful that we can build upon this as our road trip continues (Tuesday in Indiana, Thursday in Connecticut). Way to pull it out Sparks!!
jap

PostPosted: 05/20/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
On paper, we had no business being in that game, let alone winning that game. Yes, Minnesota's sloppy basketball and turnovers helped a lot, but really proud of the way our team executed and pulled it out on (another!!) buzzer beater by Gray. She had three defenders on her, and still pulled it off! Well done indeed.

Like CP3 says, "Chelsea is a bully!" Laughing

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
I thought Gray, Ogwumike, and Sims all played really well, and we would not have won it without them. However, I thought the unsung heroes were Carson and Williams. Carson was knocking down her shot, looked good in that pick and pop, and played some pretty solid defense. Williams looked energized, in control, and yes it is only one game, but she looked much better than last year.

Chelsea missed all four of her tries from beyond the arc, but she got it done in the paint. Odyssey was decent with 1-3 from downtown (33.3%), and I hope she either maintains or increases that ratio as the season continues. A dynamic front court like the Sparks normally sports should provide a long range sniper's bonanza virtually every contest. Cappie's lifetime percentage from downtown is greater than 35%, and I really want to see her shine beyond the arc this season.

Riquna is now some two years removed from the ACL injury, and that is normally when players regain their full past athleticism. I thought she was trying too hard at times tonight, although she did snare 4 steals to go with Chelsea's 6 counts of larceny. As she settles in, her offensive game should start to flow once more. It will be HUGE if she takes off on shooting binges every now & then this season a la Kristi Toliver.

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
It was strange watching Pondexter and Williams both in and being somewhat gun-shy. Maybe it's them getting acclimated to Agler and their new teammates, but at first, I was happy seeing them pass and look for others, but after a while, I was like, "Come on you are in there to create a shot for yourself or for others." The Sparks having options is a good thing.

Wiese didn't get as many minutes as I thought she should, but as others have suggested, I suppose Samuelson got the minutes because she is a bit bigger.

All thinks considered, I'm happy with the W, and hopeful that we can build upon this as our road trip continues (Tuesday in Indiana, Thursday in Connecticut). Way to pull it out Sparks!!

Yes, it is good to behave like unruly guests in the champion's house. Laughing Nneka needs help with CP3 out, and Chelsea and Odyssey stepped it up tonight. The other players need to elevate their respective games to cover the huge hole Candace leaves with her absence.

PostPosted: 05/20/18 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/998232421001846784

#HateHard approved! I hate the Lynx, but I'm here for pettiness, all day, every day!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/20/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/998232421001846784

#HateHard approved! I hate the Lynx, but I'm here for pettiness, all day, every day!

Laughing

(I'm still stunned that the Lynx lost this one though. Maybe that video pissed the Sparks off just that little bit too much)

Last edited by Luuuc on 05/20/18 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/20/18 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who woulda thunk it Booyah.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/20/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Not surprising. The Lynx lost to the Liberty at home when Tina Charles was out a couple seasons ago because they are stupid and don't know how to get up to play teams without their top players most of the time.

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 05/20/18 9:29 pm    ::: 24 Turnovers equals a loss Reply Reply with quote

You just cannot play that badly against good defense and expect to win. LA is a good defensive team. The Lynx didn’t cope with that at all.

Grats to LA. Honestly, the Sparks should have won by many more but for the rally Whalen managed to start by refusing to give ground in front of the Sparks bench. She’s going to be amazing coach. Maybe Reeves will give her tips on timely jacket throwing. Laughing Sometimes you gotta fire up the troops any which way (something Parker is actually good at as well, and Taurasi, too).

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Not surprising. The Lynx lost to the Liberty at home when Tina Charles was out a couple seasons ago because they are stupid and don't know how to get up to play teams without their top players most of the time.

Probably didn’t help to have an emotionally draining championship ceremony right before the game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cFc4G25PRcQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/18 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Probably didn’t help to have an emotionally draining championship ceremony right before the game.

I'd rather be pumped up, not emotional drained for a championship ceremony, so nah. Plus Lynx were somehow winning at halftime then did nothing in the 3rd quarter.

It probably won't look good on Maya Moore's resume right now that even Karlie Samuelson has a higher career winning percentage than her now. 😡

pilight

PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the first time the Lynx have lost a Ring Ceremony game and the first time the home team has lost one since the defending champion Fever lost their home opener to Atlanta in 2013.

PostPosted: 05/21/18 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 2011 ring ceremony was not close to the grandeur of the latest one. Did you see the video I posted?

All those turnovers weren’t typical of the Lynx, so something was up.

Or maybe Candace Parker’s karma gods were a force too powerful to contend with. She must have been laughing her butt off at home.

I may have to find her “vomit moment” tweet and register the outcome of this game as a worthy contender.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/21/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The 2011 ring ceremony was not close to the grandeur of the latest one. Did you see the video I posted?

Or maybe Candace Parker’s karma gods were a force too powerful to contend with. She must have been laughing her butt off at home.

I may have to find her “vomit moment” tweet and register the outcome of this game as a worthy contender.

check her instagram feed Laughing Laughing Laughing She literally did laugh her butt off .

PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

check her instagram feed Laughing Laughing Laughing She literally did laugh her butt off .

I am outraged knowing the Lynx are once again the biggest laughingstock of the WNBA! This year better not end up like 2016 when the Lynx gifted the Sparks a title! I am outraged that every Minnesota pro team prefers making other teams winners instead of themselves, which is why we are the laughingstock of the country!

I had a feeling the Lynx might lose this game, like they lost to the Liberty when Tina Charles was out a couple seasons ago, but I didn't bother predicting that here because I didn't want to sound negative and I figured maybe the Lynx lost to the Liberty that game because Tina Charles is overrated anyways. Now I am outraged, because then if the Lynx lost I could've celebrated and said BOOYAH! for being right that the Lynx suck!

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

I am outraged knowing the Lynx are once again the biggest laughingstock of the WNBA!

Can we at least wait until the Lynx also lose to the Wings and become the first home loss to the Liberty in their venerable new arena before declaring them a laughingstock?

SpaceJunkie wrote:
This year better not end up like 2016 when the Lynx gifted the Sparks a title!

You’re perpetually confused. The refs gifted the Sparks in 2016. Reeve gifted IND in 2012.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I had a feeling the Lynx might lose this game, like they lost to the Liberty when Tina Charles was out a couple seasons ago, but I didn't bother predicting that here because I didn't want to sound negative

You’re rarely unfairly negative about the Lynx.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
if the Lynx lost I could've celebrated and said BOOYAH!

You need to come up with your own catch phrases.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You’re perpetually confused. The refs gifted the Sparks in 2016. Reeve gifted IND in 2012.

Wrong, the Lynx gifted the Sparks a win by making sure the Sparks would have enough time, instead of winding down the clock then letting Maya (or someone else) go for a game-winning shot at the buzzer. If Maya Moore isn't clutch enough to hit a game-winner at the buzzer, then the Lynx don't deserve to win, though before that, Maya missed a 3 with the game tied, then Brunson missed a FT after getting fouled on the put-back attempt, so the Lynx did everything to fuck it up in the last minute themselves, and that's not the ref's fault.

Shades wrote:
You need to come up with your own catch phrases.

I thought the late Stuart Scott was known for saying BOOYAH before you? Smile

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
If the Lynx want to repeat, they might want to not turn the ball over 24 times compared to just 7 for their opponent.

Not happening, whether they want to or not. Trophy is coming home to LA. 😿😿

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: