60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 30

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Glad that LA got the W!! Playing the celebration video during LA's practice was pretty classless, imho.

Geez, you thought you giving an unbiased opinion on Whalen and then you hit us with all this? What practice are you talking about, the warmup before the game? If the Sparks feel the need to practice during the Lynx planned celebration, that’s on them not the Lynx.

It was the Sparks practice time not the Lynx Embarassed

Classless indeed.. Tackier than Reeves' pantsuits.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Glad that LA got the W!! Playing the celebration video during LA's practice was pretty classless, imho.

Geez, you thought you giving an unbiased opinion on Whalen and then you hit us with all this? What practice are you talking about, the warmup before the game? If the Sparks feel the need to practice during the Lynx planned celebration, that’s on them not the Lynx.

If that wasn't a mistake, then the powers in charge haven't learned that nothing good ever happens to the Lynx when you attempt to disrespect the Sparks.

All I know is they probably should put a banner up of Chelsea Gray in Minneapolis, since she's probably made more clutch plays at Minnesota than any Minnesota player ever has. 😭

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See... trash talking is associated with the Sparks.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/21/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

If that wasn't a mistake, then the powers in charge haven't learned that nothing good ever happens to the Lynx when you attempt to disrespect the Sparks.

All I know is they probably should put a banner up of Chelsea Gray in Minneapolis, since she's probably made more clutch plays at Minnesota than any Minnesota player ever has. 😭

CHELSEA GRAY!

let's put the focus back onto a great player making a great play!

~rAf
MiniLynx

PostPosted: 05/21/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

LA had their practice time same as Minny. After both had practiced, LA left the floor during the celebration. Not sure where you got the idea that LA was on the floor for the celebration. They weren't.

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/21/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Yes Augustus is not a good defender but tbh Gray made a very very tough shot against 2-3 defenders. Sometimes you just take your hat off for someone

Min played very good D on that play. Fowles had that shot blocked, but Chelsea pulled it back and lobed it over her on a very off balanced shot as she was rotating away from the basket and Fowles..

Oh and she didn't hit Whalens arm on the previous play. You can see the space between them on the second replay. The announcers were wrong in that they didn't use both replays correctly. It was from the same angle that the closest official, who by the way didn't make the call had. The call was made by the farthest official away from the play. Nanika also didn't touch Whalen as well. She only touched the ball with her finger tips. I rewatched that part of the game.

That Holly Rowe was a piece of work. She continually kept making mistakes. Confusing both teams and players. Often jabbering on and not paying attention to what was happening on the court. Hope they never use her again but i doubt it. And here I thought that ex jocks were bad broadcasters.

Last edited by willtalk on 05/21/18 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/21/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MiniLynx wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

LA had their practice time same as Minny. After both had practiced, LA left the floor during the celebration. Not sure where you got the idea that LA was on the floor for the celebration. They weren't.

It was earlier in the day, it was on Holly Rowes twitter feed
Rolling Eyes

Sparksfan

PostPosted: 05/21/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game left A lot of question for Minnesota the biggest one being you guys loss to a non full strength L.A. was force to commit 23 turnovers can they beat L.A. full strength with Candace Parker we shall see June 3rd in L.A.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/21/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparksfan wrote:
This game left A lot of question for Minnesota the biggest one being you guys loss to a non full strength L.A. was force to commit 23 turnovers can they beat L.A. full strength with Candace Parker we shall see June 3rd in L.A.

Minnesota for the first time looked kind of old yesterday.

PostPosted: 05/21/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
See... trash talking is associated with the Sparks.

All of us Sparks fans must have played pond hockey, I suppose. Laughing

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/21/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mone actually did a decent job guarding Gray after she got the ball. Chels wanted to drive pass Mone to the paint on the side where there was no one behind Mone but SA stopped that & Gray pulled back used her back to spin off her to get in the paint but both Maya & Fowles where there to help making the shot a difficult one.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
MiniLynx wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

It was earlier in the day, it was on Holly Rowes twitter feed
Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/sportsiren/status/998219577527099394?s=21

Classless indeed. Glad we came away with the victory!

PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And this surprises anyone?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

The Lynx were playing the Sparks, so, as usually happens, they played like a bunch scared 2-year old kids who are afraid of monsters and don't know how to play basketball. Smile
The Sparks could've just dressed up a bunch of 3rd grade kids to up against the Lynx and the Lynx would probably have lost just as easily because they would have no idea how to do anything against such a ferocious team without turning the ball over non-stop.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/21/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

It's the best kind of petty

#NATC

PostPosted: 05/21/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

It's the best kind of petty
Yeah, I'm all for a bit of inter-team trolling too Twisted Evil
(especially when it occasionally backfires, as it seems to have done this time)

PostPosted: 05/21/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same final score as the last time they played in TC Shocked

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Same final score as the last time they played in TC Shocked

The Lynx are officially still just as cursed as the rest of the Minnesota teams! Redoing Target Center accomplished nothing to get rid of the stench of failure! I am outraged! Can the Lynx move back to the other side of the Mississippi River where our perpetually mediocre hockey team plays? Very Happy

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For a cursed team they sure have won quite a few Championships.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

Liberty staff need to be out there walking underneath ladders and smashing mirrors trying to get their team the same curse

PostPosted: 05/22/18 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

If the Lynx weren't cursed, they wouldn't have lost in all of 2012, 2014, and especially 2016, so either the Lynx are cursed, stupid, or maybe both.

I think Minnesota teams forget what team is supposed to win, which explains why in 2014 the Lynx did everything possible to make sure the Mercury would win the WNBA Title and in 2016 they did everything possible to make sure Candace Parker would win a title in Minnesota. It's bad enough that the Twins could've won World Series last decade if the only move they made was not cut future Hall-of-Famer David Ortiz because they didn't think he was any good, the Vikings making sure that the Saints and Eagles win Super Bowls by choking against them, and the Timberwolves, who made the Warriors into a championship team by deciding not to draft Stephen Curry, and not to mention giving the Celtics a title by letting them have KG, and Kevin Love got to win a title with the Cavs, which means it probably won't be long until Towns will be able to win a title for a team other than Minnesota.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/22/18 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Certainly an interesting final sequence ...

Apparently Reeve felt Augustus was her best defensive option on Gray, which in itself is very interesting. Augustus has never had a reputation as a demon defender, and she's past her prime, but that was apparently the best the Lynx could do.

Now maybe Reeve felt someone else would have the ball, or the Sparks were going to attack Augustus regardless, but my guess is Reeve knew Gray would start with the ball.

That said, Augustus clearly was told to play up on her and force her right, and she did both, sending Gray into traffic near the rim -- which could have been the plan as help was immediate and despite the result, effective in that it forced a very low-percentage shot.

Gray beat the odds -- not to mention what amounted to a triple-team -- in a game that shouldn't have been that close (with no Parker). To me, the result was less about the last play than about Minnesota's inability to put away a team with just one post player, even though that team is very good.

PostPosted: 05/22/18 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Apparently Reeve felt Augustus was her best defensive option on Gray, which in itself is very interesting. Augustus has never had a reputation as a demon defender, and she's past her prime, but that was apparently the best the Lynx could do.

Now maybe Reeve felt someone else would have the ball, or the Sparks were going to attack Augustus regardless, but my guess is Reeve knew Gray would start with the ball.

That said, Augustus clearly was told to play up on her and force her right, and she did both, sending Gray into traffic near the rim -- which could have been the plan as help was immediate and despite the result, effective in that it forced a very low-percentage shot.

Gray beat the odds -- not to mention what amounted to a triple-team -- in a game that shouldn't have been that close (with no Parker). To me, the result was less about the last play than about Minnesota's inability to put away a team with just one post player, even though that team is very good.

Last play was CLASSIC Chelsea Gray! You know that even more than I do Clay, since you got to see her in high school. And, in fact, Chelsea was very much a part of why the Sparks were in a position to make that last play. Chelsea and every other Sparks guard drove into the paint all game long.

The Sparks doubling of Fowles also worked perfectly to keep Big Syl from taking over a game that should have been hers for the taking. Lindsay tried to take advantage...and just about won the game for the Lynx.

This game was Brian Agler 1: Cheryl Reeve 0

The Lynx did not replace the departing players and the vets got a year older. I'm not expecting them to compete for the Championship. Yeah, a lot to make of one 1 point loss and I could be forced to eat some crow, I just don't think so.

~rAf
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 05/22/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Solid analysis. Hindsight is 20/20, but as some have already suggested, you would think that having better defenders on the floor could have made a difference, i.e. replacing Whalen and Augustus with Robinson and Wright. It seems that Wright would be the best defensive option on Gray given more girth, and the fact that she is generally considered a strong defender. Damnit, why am I helping Cheryl Reeve?!
Shades

PostPosted: 05/22/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20, but as some have already suggested, you would think that having better defenders on the floor could have made a difference, i.e. replacing Whalen and Augustus with Robinson and Wright. It seems that Wright would be the best defensive option on Gray given more girth, and the fact that she is generally considered a strong defender. Damnit, why am I helping Cheryl Reeve?!

Because she apparently needs help. I guess Reeve felt Gray would only be a threat jump shooting from distance, which would make Augustus the lengthier option. But as you could see, a matador could do a better job defending a drive than Augustus, and Gray knew it. Gray knows the Lynx players better than Reeve. Outwitted. Outplayed. Outcoached.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: