RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Parker finished with USA Basketball
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 04/24/18 8:20 am    ::: Parker finished with USA Basketball Reply Reply with quote

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/04/24/candace-parker-usa-basketball/

Quote:
“If it wasn’t going to be my play that made the final decision [on the Olympic roster]. If it wasn’t going to be my performance on the court, don’t have me do that,” she said of the European tour and Rio Olympic promotions. “It was more about loyalty. I’ve been loyal to you for this long. At least give me the heads-up that you might not make the team, and then I could choose. … I was hurt because I feel like I’ve played through so many injuries, given so many hours to USA Basketball, and then in one fell swoop they can just be like, it doesn’t matter about your play, you’re just not on the team.”

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/24/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't say that I blame her.

PostPosted: 04/24/18 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was some shaddy business by USA basketball.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jap

PostPosted: 04/24/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace says, "You can take this job and shove it!!!" Razz

PostPosted: 04/24/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't blame her one bit.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/18 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Candace !

PostPosted: 04/24/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Go Candace !

Nice to see her take a stand for herself, speak up and move on. USA BB used her and screwed her......

PostPosted: 04/24/18 10:34 am    ::: Re: Parker finished with USA Basketball Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
If it wasn’t going to be my performance on the court, don’t have me do that,” she said of the European tour and Rio Olympic promotions.

I'd be a little pissed as well..

PostPosted: 04/24/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Funny how y'all be coddling Candace but ppl who disagreed with Notre Dame getting a waiver are all 'get over it! Nothing you can do about it!' Umm take your own advices, divas!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/18 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Funny how y'all be coddling Candace but ppl who disagreed with Notre Dame getting a waiver are all 'get over it! Nothing you can do about it!' Umm take your own advices, divas!

Confused Having a hard time seeing the relation of the two topics ?

PostPosted: 04/24/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Confused Having a hard time seeing the relation of the two topics ?

Yeah. I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. Good for her though.

PostPosted: 04/24/18 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

One of Queen Candace's haters? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/24/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I am a homer, but I am completely with Candace. It's not about her not making the team, which, by the way I think she should have. It's about her being involved in marketing/promotional activities, being led to believe that she would be on the team, and then cutting here.

That being said, everything happens for a reason, and that slight coupled with the death of Coach Summitt likely played a big role in her getting her ring in 2016. Now, let's do it again!
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/24/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Yes, I am a homer, but I am completely with Candace. It's not about her not making the team, which, by the way I think she should have. It's about her being involved in marketing/promotional activities, being led to believe that she would be on the team, and then cutting here.

That being said, everything happens for a reason, and that slight coupled with the death of Coach Summitt likely played a big role in her getting her ring in 2016. Now, let's do it again!

Exclamation Exclamation

Indeed, 2016 was a hell of a year for CP!

I was beyond pissed at that mess for so many reasons, particularly the way she was "used" in the promos (inc. being the only USAB rep. in the working moms promo) and she represented the team with Sue and then hopeful, EDD in interviews and discussions with media. In the camp and games a few months prior to the promo event, she lead the entire squad in essentially every statistical category. The fact is that they do whatever they want.... The insulting thing is that we know and they know that the dire need was training new guards... They needed to start passing the torch two Olympics ago....The same opportunity that DT and Sue got...Instead they decided to fool with the posts ....Note that in the previous Olympics they just did whatever (adding Swin and Asjha)..... I'm not mad at the players but why not invite someone like Brunson in '2016 and if it's really about ensuring depth and maintaining the high standard of USAB AND you were barely going to use players, why not give young floor generals the opportunity?!!!! Now we are in the position where all of our experienced guards will be pushing 40 by the next Olympics! I don't pretend to truly know what went down but as I understand it, this is not the 1st time there has been tomfoolery with the USAB selection on both the women's and men's side. Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining!! Just be honest!

*End of rant* Wooosaaaa Embarassed Laughing

Ha, I'm watching the Heat vs. Sixers game and I had to look up because they just mentioned CP Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 04/24/18 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We all know Parker lost her spot due to Geno's pet, Stewart.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/24/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless Stewart selected herself in the team and cut Parker from it, I don't think it's fair to bring her name into the blame list.

PostPosted: 04/24/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
We all know Parker lost her spot due to Geno's pet, Stewart.

+1

The Fact that USAbball made it look as though CP wasn't good enough really makes them look like a major joke of a committee.

PostPosted: 04/25/18 3:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Unless Stewart selected herself in the team and cut Parker from it, I don't think it's fair to bring her name into the blame list.

This..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/25/18 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, in every situation, there are two sides to every story......and then there's the truth. I wish some reporter would do their actual job, dig, and write a piece on why Candace got herself left off the Olympic team! There is no way in HELL she is little miss innocent here.

And didn't she say she was done with the National team when this first came up?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/25/18 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
So, in every situation, there are two sides to every story......and then there's the truth. I wish some reporter would do their actual job, dig, and write a piece on why Candace got herself left off the Olympic team! There is no way in HELL she is little miss innocent here.

I dont think she is little miss innocent in this situation but team USA could of handled this a lot better. This is a player that has given years and years to team USA so she deserves better then going out like this

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Genero36

PostPosted: 04/25/18 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt Auriemma gives a shit. He's one of those people that is the way he is and won't ever change. I've known him to be that way since the Nykesha Sales debacle. He could care less what anyone thinks.

PostPosted: 04/25/18 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
So, in every situation, there are two sides to every story......and then there's the truth. I wish some reporter would do their actual job, dig, and write a piece on why Candace got herself left off the Olympic team! There is no way in HELL she is little miss innocent here

And the reason you came to this conclusion is that you know her reputation.... more about herself than the team. Why am I not getting the minutes, I’m Candace Parker. Why is a coach getting in my face, I’m Candace Parker. Why hold a ring ceremony in my presence.... don’t you realize I’m Candace Parker?

As far as reporting goes, I don’t even think someone like Megdal would want to dig the dirt on Parker. What good would it do him other than dead him to Parker and her band of enablers.

ucbart wrote:

Since yesterday was the first day of the latest Team USA camps, it would appear her PR wanted her to make an official statement on why she wasn’t participating.

I dunno... is it such a terrible thing for Parker? The whole incident probably motivated and gave her more time to pursue her second career of broadcasting. She actually seems to be developing a good onscreen persona. She might actually have success in NBA analysis, unlike Swin Cash.

It’s kinda like with Chiney. Good things can come out of bad. If she hadn’t been injured so much, would she be as far along in her broadcasting career as she is now? No way.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/25/18 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me, the he-said, she-said back-and-forth is just unfortunate, as Parker is one of the best players in the world and should be on the team.

I'm sure either side could have done something to make it work, and I'm sure both sides did things to keep it from working. That doesn't mean they were equally to blame, but I don't think any amount of repertorial digging could come up with whatever the "truth" is in this situation.

It is what it is, at this point, and it's just sad ...

PostPosted: 04/25/18 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

This..

Exactly right. Parker should have been on the team. But whatever happened, and for whatever reasons it happened, Stewart should NOT be blamed. What was her crime? Wanting to be on the team? She had no power over any decisions.

PostPosted: 04/25/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

CP said on the same podcast why she was upset about not making the USA team that her not being on the team had nothing to do with her wanting or winning a title in 2016. She wanted one since her rookie season. Why give the USA team the credit for her winning her first title when they didnt play a role or was the reason LA won a title in 2016. I honestly feel its disrepectful to the Sparks cause they all wanted their first title even if Nneka & CP had made the team in 2016. Now had the rest they got help them be fresh for the playoffs sure but I don't see how a slight help them win something they all wanted for a while.Good coaching finally having a talented supporting cast around their two top players CP playing hard in both sides Nneka having a MVP season good defense from AB & Carson finally having good pg in Gray played a role in LA title in 2016.

Good interview by Justine Brown(CP's friend) on Candace speaking on Pat Summit USAB 2016 title ect.
https://art19.com/shows/show-me-your-friends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: