WNBA 09 wrote:
Gonna be a long season if Glory is out.

Akhator is still on the market... Twisted Evil Idea

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/18/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Positives for Wings:

- The opponent didn't score 90.
- Stevens almost the new Bonner.
- Cambage can be effective for one half.

Personally, my enjoyment of this game would have been gigantically enhanced if I knew for sure that:

- Part of my League Pass fee was being contributed to the Hillary in '20 campaign, and
- Lars Blognorsen in South Dakota could have bet legally on the game.
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/18/18 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good thing I love the merc, especially DT and Britney, or I’d be really pissed about this loss! Acura is gonna have to grow up fast.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/19/18 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Good thing I love the merc, especially DT and Britney, or I’d be really pissed about this loss! Acura is gonna have to grow up fast.

That was my 1st car. Bad on gas. Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/19/18 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

How about Larkins....

- Amanda Gorman
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 05/19/18 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Mine too. 89 Acura Legend. Not too bad on gas actually lol. Loved that car

PostPosted: 05/19/18 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Mine too. 89 Acura Legend. Not too bad on gas actually lol. Loved that car

Let me tell you about my Mercedes Russell and Alex Bentley... Idea Twisted Evil

toad455

PostPosted: 05/19/18 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings poor shooting(36%) hurt them plus Diggins' poor first half. Hopefully it's nothing serious for Glory. Mercury won, but in the battle between Liz & Brittney, Cambage won tonight.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/19/18 4:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

How about Larkins....

Be a good idea for them. Bring some veteran and defensive influence. But you can better play her with Azura then with Cambage because she needs to be in the paint

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/18 6:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well,I said it before the season started.With Cambage being one of the main focal points on offense.Dallas needed to add some 3 point shooters.The Wings shot a terrible 4-20 from 3 in this game...I don't want to overreact to this disappointing loss.But if Dallas misses out on the playoffs with a top 3 center and a top 3 point guard.Coach Williams will need to find employment elsewhere.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/19/18 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/18 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think a Diggins for DRob trade would solve a lot of problems for the Wings, or else a new coach.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/19/18 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Well,I said it before the season started.With Cambage being one of the main focal points on offense.Dallas needed to add some 3 point shooters.The Wings shot a terrible 4-20 from 3 in this game...I don't want to overreact to this disappointing loss.But if Dallas misses out on the playoffs with a top 3 center and a top 3 point guard.Coach Williams will need to find employment elsewhere.

I feel like this is underrating Diggins and overrating Cambage tbh

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/18 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

How?....How many centers are better than Liz?......and you could make the case that Vandersloot is better than Diggins...Last season,Sloot avg 2 more asst,shot 51%fg(Digging 42%),and had a higher 3 ptfg%...And let's not forget about Bird...Sue avg more asst than Diggins with less turnovers,shot the same fg%,and a higher 3ptfg%.

I have no problem saying Diggins is the best PG.But you can make the argument that Vandersloot is better.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/19/18 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty good basketball game for an early-season WNBA game. The ball movement, especially for Phoenix, was quite good. Cambage showed lots of skills she had not displayed previously in the WNBA, including the ability to drive off the dribble and pass. She's the first player we've ever seen who could take it right to Griner.

I thought Dallas' transition D hurt them in spots but that their halfcourt D was quite active. Cambage did a good job defensively but the 5 fouls are still a source of concern as that was a regular thing for her in her initial WNBA go-round. Dallas (again) stagnated offensively in the fourth quarter. Lots of sets designed for a one-on-one penetration by Diggins. Not much movement otherwise. That's been their pattern for the last few seasons.

On the other end, DT was the DT of old. Clearly rested and motivated, which is scary for the rest of the league. January adds leadership and defense. This is one of several teams that would have been a championship caliber team in the WNBA of 2006 or so, when there were 16 teams. As it is, they're not going to be an easy playoff out. If you look at teams like Phoenix, Atlanta and NY, they've each added elements to their teams that were completely missing a year ago. If it's Minnesota and LA hosting the semis, I'm not envisioning whoever they play to be an easy out this time around.

PostPosted: 05/19/18 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

How?....How many centers are better than Liz?......and you could make the case that Vandersloot is better than Diggins...Last season,Sloot avg 2 more asst,shot 51%fg(Digging 42%),and had a higher 3 ptfg%...And let's not forget about Bird...Sue avg more asst than Diggins with less turnovers,shot the same fg%,and a higher 3ptfg%.

I have no problem saying Diggins is the best PG.But you can make the argument that Vandersloot is better.

Fowles, Griner, Jones
wow, that was easy

And yeah, I'll give you Sloot. That makes Diggins top 2 instead of top 3 still Wink

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Fowles, Griner, Jones
wow, that was easy

And yeah, I'll give you Sloot. That makes Diggins top 2 instead of top 3 still Wink

I would've said Griner prior to last night's game.But Liz just gave Brittney that work...And Jones being better than Cambage remains to be seen...Cambage has the size and offensive skill to avg 18p/10r.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/19/18 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Fowles, Griner, Jones
wow, that was easy

I would've said Griner prior to last night's game.But Liz just gave Brittney that work...And Jones being better than Cambage remains to be seen...Cambage has the size and offensive skill to avg 18p/10r.

You've changed your opinion based on 1 game? Really?

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/18 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Fowles, Griner, Jones
wow, that was easy

You've changed your opinion based on 1 game? Really?

Griner has a history of not getting the most out of her talents...And with the return of Bonner, Griner could regress back to being a 15p/6r 3rd option.

shontay33

PostPosted: 05/19/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Pretty good basketball game for an early-season WNBA game. The ball movement, especially for Phoenix, was quite good. Cambage showed lots of skills she had not displayed previously in the WNBA, including the ability to drive off the dribble and pass. She's the first player we've ever seen who could take it right to Griner.

I thought Dallas' transition D hurt them in spots but that their halfcourt D was quite active. Cambage did a good job defensively but the 5 fouls are still a source of concern as that was a regular thing for her in her initial WNBA go-round. Dallas (again) stagnated offensively in the fourth quarter. Lots of sets designed for a one-on-one penetration by Diggins. Not much movement otherwise. That's been their pattern for the last few seasons.

On the other end, DT was the DT of old. Clearly rested and motivated, which is scary for the rest of the league. January adds leadership and defense. This is one of several teams that would have been a championship caliber team in the WNBA of 2006 or so, when there were 16 teams. As it is, they're not going to be an easy playoff out. If you look at teams like Phoenix, Atlanta and NY, they've each added elements to their teams that were completely missing a year ago. If it's Minnesota and LA hosting the semis, I'm not envisioning whoever they play to be an easy out this time around.

Dallas had no one in the 4th quarter attempting to be aggressive but Skylar. Because of her, they were able to cut Phoenix ‘s lead and only be down by 4 with about 2:30 left in the game. Not really impressed with Cambage. I thought she did a horrible job in the 4th quarter. She let Griner go right by her when they really needed a stop. It seemed like she just was just going through the motions.

There were times that I questioned Fred’s rotations. At some points in the game he left one scorer on the floor with 4 other players who were not scorers. The Mercury on the other hand had 2 or three scoring options on the floor.

Dallas is a young team and did not take advantage of it. I can see Phoenix wearing down at some point because they are an older team who is not that great defensively.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/19/18 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz clearly outplayed Griner last night. The interesting thing is Liz did a good job of passing as well, and had improved game overall. Taurasi seems to have found the Fountain of Youth at least for one night. Bonner seems to be the same old Bonner. How long all this lasts will have a lot to do with the success of these two teams.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/19/18 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas certainly looks like a playoff team despite the loss. But how good they will be depends on how they can adjust to playing a half court game with Cambage as opposed to a full court sprint. As well as Liz played the rest of the team seemed uncomfortable in the offense. Excluding Cambage the Wings shot only 33% from the floor, 20% from 3.

Cambage could be great but I will wait to see more from her. Specifically I'd like to see her develop the outlet pass. She should be able to start fast breaks off defensive rebounds. She also needs to be a better force on defense. The Phoenix defense revolves around Griner and the Wings should do the same with Cambage. There is also a question of how well she will play against smaller centers. Liz may have been helped by going against a comparably sized player. Gulich played very well against her when Griner was in foul trouble. And finally Cambage has to show she can put forth the effort game after game.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/19/18 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth ...

*AMD remains the worst announcer in women's basketball history, especially given her background in the game. She is so awful it made it hard to watch.

*Cambage has all the tools to be great, but it looks like she's a little lazy (doesn't work before the entry pass to get deeper position) and not in great shape (wore down in fourth quarter). Those, however, are nitpicks -- that fullcourt pass off the dribble was something ...

*Typical early season WNBA game: Everyone, refs, players, coaches, were making bad decisions. The league generally takes a month or so to tighten up. (Good thing this was on NBA-TV so only diehards like us were watching.)

*Hope Glory is OK ... and note the announcers never referenced her relationship with Griner. That's fun stuff for the casual viewer ...

PostPosted: 05/19/18 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Liz clearly outplayed Griner last night.

This isn't surprising. Last season Griner was consistently outplayed by other elite centers with size. There just aren't that many of them.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/18 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Griner was 6'5 she'd be a bench player at best.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/19/18 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Sue Bird were 5-3, she'd be a bench player at best ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: