WNBA MEDIA DAY PICS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
animals31089

PostPosted: 05/05/18 4:41 pm    ::: WNBA MEDIA DAY PICS Reply Reply with quote

wnba media day pics pics for the teams so far they look nice

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/wnba?family=editorial&phrase=wnba&sort=best

Randy

PostPosted: 05/05/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are the Dream in there? Went about 17 pages and didn't see them.

animals31089

PostPosted: 05/05/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Are the Dream in there? Went about 17 pages and didn't see them.

dont think they had their yet

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 05/05/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not for nothing, but I always look forward to media day knowing that there will be a series of pics of the rather stunning Carolyn Swords.
tfan

PostPosted: 05/06/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see the point of these media day pictures. I am not aware of them running with articles throughout the year. If they are publicity for the WNBA and meant for wnba.com, then I would prefer if they just had the teams take them and put them all on wnba.com, rather than having most of them for sale, but mostly unused on gettyimages.com.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/06/18 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I don't see the point of these media day pictures. I am not aware of them running with articles throughout the year. If they are publicity for the WNBA and meant for wnba.com, then I would prefer if they just had the teams take them and put them all on wnba.com, rather than having most of them for sale, but mostly unused on gettyimages.com.

As the name implies, they are intended for media use

PostPosted: 05/06/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

But they don't appear to get any media use. What stories are being run outside of wnba.com now with those pictures? And, if I was doing a story for the hometown or college-town newspaper of a player making a WNBA camp, I'd want to run a picture of them in practice, not with makeup on standing in front of a white screen posing. Although, they do have the advantage of them in the uniform, versus a practice jersey, so maybe that's the point.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/06/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

But they don't appear to get any media use. What stories are being run outside of wnba.com now with those pictures? And, if I was doing a story for the hometown or college-town newspaper of a player making a WNBA camp, I'd want to run a picture of them in practice, not with makeup on standing in front of a white screen posing. Although, they do have the advantage of them in the uniform, versus a practice jersey, so maybe that's the point.

Great point ... when I was a newspaper editor, I always wanted action shots, and I detested pictures of people just looking at the camera.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They use the shots and videos for a lot of their in-house media use, and it's a day when local media can get to the gym for easy access to interview coaches and players.

You know fans are starving for the season to start to when there's a discussion on the pros and cons of media day. Laughing

animals31089

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe Dream media day is today so pics maybe be this week

pilight

PostPosted: 05/07/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I use media day headshots for my site

PostPosted: 05/09/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

loving the new media pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: