RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

And the hypocrisy continues..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 05/07/18 3:04 pm    ::: And the hypocrisy continues.. Reply Reply with quote

Ppl already throwing Gabby under the bus and calling her overhyped based on two pre-season games. I looked back and the same main two posters were having drool sessions over Plum when she was going oh for, telling everyone to wait for greatness to come. Plus some of y'all junping off the boat with a rope when your teams are playing PRESEASON games!! Dang, some of y'all can at least be consistent....[/list]

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 3:06 pm    ::: Re: And the hypocrisy continues.. Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Ppl already throwing Gabby under the bus and calling her overhyped based on two pre-season games. I looked back and the same main two posters were having drool sessions over Plum when she was going oh for, telling everyone to wait for greatness to come. Plus some of y'all junping off the boat with a rope when your teams are playing PRESEASON games!! Dang, some of y'all can at least be consistent....[/list]

Did this really require a totally new thread ? What 2 posters whom may you be referring too ? And What does Plum have to do with Gabby btw ? Just wondering ? People are really getting their drawers in a bunch over Gabby's lackluster performances Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/07/18 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For one thing, EVERYTHING everyone posts deserves it’s own thread. The internet is big enough to accomidate everyone. Secondly, it took Gabby Williams two years at Uconn before people even knew who she was for the most part. I expect the same thing will happen in the pro’s. Being that I am a Uconn fan, I like having good Huskies on the Sun, but Gabby Williams was NOT on my list of wants for the Sun. She’s basically has the same skill set of Alyssa Thomas, but Thomas will go on to have the much better pro career than Williams.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/07/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can’t we all just get along. Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/07/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
For one thing, EVERYTHING everyone posts deserves it’s own thread. The internet is big enough to accomidate everyone. Secondly, it took Gabby Williams two years at Uconn before people even knew who she was for the most part. I expect the same thing will happen in the pro’s. Being that I am a Uconn fan, I like having good Huskies on the Sun, but Gabby Williams was NOT on my list of wants for the Sun. She’s basically has the same skill set of Alyssa Thomas, but Thomas will go on to have the much better pro career than Williams.

Glad to know , i will take heed and start threading away Cool

PostPosted: 05/07/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Gabby Williams question is, and has always been, whether her skill set is compatible with her size. There are numerous cases of great college players who were able to perform at the highest level in college but who couldn't adjust when everyone else was as physically gifted (or more so). That is why I was among those who questioned what kind of success she might have.

It is a little early to be making a final determination. Give her half a season to see if she can adapt to her new circumstance of not being on the best team and having to play uniformly bigger and better athletes. Then we can decide just how much her game will have to adapt.

As a local kid who I got to see in high school I will be rooting for her. I'm sure she will be a very good player in Europe if she chooses to go that way, but she will have to develop an outside shot for her to make it big in the WNBA.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/07/18 5:54 pm    ::: Re: And the hypocrisy continues.. Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Did this really require a totally new thread ? What 2 posters whom may you be referring too ? And What does Plum have to do with Gabby btw ? Just wondering ? People are really getting their drawers in a bunch over Gabby's lackluster performances Laughing Laughing

I may be one SD is referring to, but I clearly marked my post (calling her a draft bust) as saying "take seriously at your own risk." Perhaps my humor is not that transparent, but I was just poking fun at how we sometimes get carried away looking at pre-season games - perhaps because they are the first scrap of real action we have seen a while.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 5:59 pm    ::: Re: And the hypocrisy continues.. Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

I may be one SD is referring to, but I clearly marked my post (calling her a draft bust) as saying "take seriously at your own risk." Perhaps my humor is not that transparent, but I was just poking fun at how we sometimes get carried away looking at pre-season games - perhaps because they are the first scrap of real action we have seen a while.

Yes i agree on my end . Im just excited to see some basketball its been literally 33 days of waiting Laughing Laughing . Your humor is what this board needs so disregard posters singling you out.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not concerned with Gabby.She just needs some time to develop her skills.My problem is with the Chicago Head Coach/Management....Why would you pass on Stevens when...1.You just drafted a Wing...2.You desperately needed a power forward...and...3.Gabby is a flawed player whether you play her at PF,SF,or SG.....Terrible job by the Sky.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO. Did you see the game or are you going off of the stats Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

0 Points in 2 pre=season games is hard to not judge.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I'm not concerned with Gabby.She just needs some time to develop her skills.My problem is with the Chicago Head Coach/Management....Why would you pass on Stevens when...1.You just drafted a Wing...2.You desperately needed a power forward...and...3.Gabby is a flawed player whether you play her at PF,SF,or SG.....Terrible job by the Sky.

Pokey gets a pass because Mavunga did well?

Mitchell and Vivians shot a combined 3-20

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Pokey gets a pass because Mavunga did well?

Mitchell and Vivians shot a combined 3-20

Depends on where Mavunga tops out....However,despite my opinion that Mitchell isn't a PG.Nor do I think she should be the starting SG.I do believe Mitchell can thrive as the 6th Woman.I can see KM averaging 14-16 ppg off the bench and making multiple all-star teams.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KMitchell also played mostly at SG today. I think having the two Mitchell's at SG will benefit the Fever.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Why is it that 75% of your posts involve Gabby Williams in some capacity? That is hard not to judge.

It’s preseason, and still very early. Generally, these games mean nothing.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this thread...

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Why is it that 75% of your posts involve Gabby Williams in some capacity? That is hard not to judge.

Laughing

PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Laughing

Laughing Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im just enjoying my told ya so moment Laughing Its nothing personal , shes a great player but i just did not buy into the hype that was surrounded by her in college and it got a bit out of reach when projecting her effects on the WNBA . A league ive watched from day 1 . If she played back in 1997-2005 era her chances would be better at being an impact player in this league , but its not. You have to have the tools to be a great player along with skills not just one. Specifying tools meaning Length, Height , Strength , Quickness, ect...Something other counterparts will have a hard time dealing with. Unfortunately my opinion says she has none of those tools.Yes she can jump out gym at 5"11 but she cant score consistently. Once again i only disagreed about her "Lottery" status. Never have i said anything about her game or skill level .....that was not true Laughing P.s. I didnt even start this thread. I just asked what does gabby have to do with plum thanks Laughing

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Can’t we all just get along. Very Happy

The last time I heard that statement was after a brother was on receiving end of a police beat down.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Im just enjoying my told ya so moment Laughing Its nothing personal , shes a great player but i just did not buy into the hype that was surrounded by her in college and it got a bit out of reach when projecting her effects on the WNBA . A league ive watched from day 1 . If she played back in 1997-2005 era her chances would be better at being an impact player in this league , but its not. You have to have the tools to be a great player along with skills not just one. Specifying tools meaning Length, Height , Strength , Quickness, ect...Something other counterparts will have a hard time dealing with. Unfortunately my opinion says she has none of those tools.Yes she can jump out gym at 5"11 but she cant score consistently. Once again i only disagreed about her "Lottery" status. Never have i said anything about her game or skill level .....that was not true Laughing P.s. I didnt even start this thread. I just asked what does gabby have to do with plum thanks Laughing

Again, you’ve seemed obsessed with saying something negative about her every chance you get. Give it a rest.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
You have to have the tools to be a great player along with skills not just one. Specifying tools meaning Length, Height , Strength , Quickness, ect...Something other counterparts will have a hard time dealing with. Unfortunately my opinion says she has none of those tools.

I thought Williams was considered a quick player. Someone posted that Doris Burke called her the best athlete in college basketball.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
You have to have the tools to be a great player along with skills not just one. Specifying tools meaning Length, Height , Strength , Quickness, ect...Something other counterparts will have a hard time dealing with. Unfortunately my opinion says she has none of those tools.

I thought Williams was considered a quick player. Someone posted that Doris Burke called her the best athlete in college basketball.

Yes i remember those statements also...never came from me though.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Again, you’ve seemed obsessed with saying something negative about her every chance you get. Give it a rest.

Or you can just not read my posts..... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/08/18 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question should be is why hasn't gabby Williams develop a outside shot ? What happen with developing a outside shot playing AAU, High School and College Basketball ? I believe some how, some way Gabby Williams will end up in Vegas with Bill, Bill played with Rodman, Gabby will be Bill's Rodman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: