Board Junkies Forums

Liberty vs Sparks - 5/08/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
pasteurize wrote:
Cappie got a lot of flak here, so I'd just like to point out that she finished with 17 pts on 7-15 shooting (47%).

Don't pay attention to all the knee jerk reactions. Cappie is a veteran who knows how to get herself ready for meaningful games. Her greatest preparation will come when all the veterans are back, and they are all going full bore at each other in practice. I expect the Ladies of LaLa to be fully prepared for Minny on opening night.

Dang! Syd the Kid was one rebbie shy of a double double.! From zero points the night before to 13 points (5-12 from field & 3-8 from downtown). Plus, 9 rebbies, 4 assists and a steal. Keep eating those Wheaties, Syd! We need all the long range firepower we can get. One more pre-season game to go before the squad gets cut down to 12/11 players. Hang in there, Syd!!!

Not a Cappie fan, she takes bad shots. And Wiese played the whole game so hmmm.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
pasteurize wrote:
Cappie got a lot of flak here, so I'd just like to point out that she finished with 17 pts on 7-15 shooting (47%).

Nothing against Cappie.She's a top 20 all-time player.Some WNBA fans have a tendency to underrate her greatness,I'm not one of them.I just thought LA would've been better off acquiring a SF who can defend,or knock down the 3...I don't think another ball dominate guard is what LA needed.

THIS and for 1 year, kind of a waste.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Richyyy"][quote="zune69"]LA should keep Samuelson.She was great during last years preseason before she was injured...LA also needs to trade,buyout,or cut Pondexter....Just a terrible fit IMO[/quote]
I'll be absolutely bloody stunned if Samuelson makes this roster. Having seen her play a couple of times for Great Britain, she was fine, but that was it. You really need to be able to do [i]something[/i] else besides shoot threes to be a viable WNBA player.[/quote]

You mean like take charges (only saw her and Kia do that) play good help D attack and pull up for the jumpers (see David’s Twitter feed) and she sees floor and spacing well.

But hey I will let her sister know that the Brit’s don’t think much of her and maybe she can save a trip LOL

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
pasteurize wrote:

Nothing against Cappie.She's a top 20 all-time player.Some WNBA fans have a tendency to underrate her greatness,I'm not one of them.I just thought LA would've been better off acquiring a SF who can defend,or knock down the 3...I don't think another ball dominate guard is what LA needed.

Like Coleman maybe? Smile

Dude you need to be on a show Laughing Laughing

zune69

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
pasteurize wrote:

Like Coleman maybe? Smile

Maybe......I'm not really a Coleman fan.But when Marissa and O'Hea got the bulk of the SF minutes for the Sparks in 2013,they went 24-10.The Coleman/O'Hea combination avg 31 minutes and shot 43% from 3 pt range.The problem with Marissa is that she's a terrible defender...I also don't think Parker and Marissa are on good terms...After her first game against the Sparks,Coleman and Parker did not shake hands.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C'mon spill the beans, whats the dealio.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
C'mon spill the beans, whats the dealio.

I have no Tea...All I know is that Coleman/Parker avoided the post-game handshake.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All righty but you know that everyone will be watching for the next one Wink I like a little spice in my tea makes the games more interesting.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
LA should keep Samuelson.She was great during last years preseason before she was injured...LA also needs to trade,buyout,or cut Pondexter....Just a terrible fit IMO

I'll be absolutely bloody stunned if Samuelson makes this roster. Having seen her play a couple of times for Great Britain, she was fine, but that was it. You really need to be able to do something else besides shoot threes to be a viable WNBA player.

You mean like take charges (only saw her and Kia do that) play good help D attack and pull up for the jumpers (see David’s Twitter feed) and she sees floor and spacing well.

But hey I will let her sister know that the Brit’s don’t think much of her and maybe she can save a trip LOL

Hey, I was happy when she joined the program, and grateful for her help, especially when she finally decided to show up and do something in the second half of the second qualifier. On that team she's a useful rotation player. A team where only two players have ever sniffed the WNBA, only one's ever played a regular season game, and maybe about five get actual money to play basketball in mainland Europe. And she didn't remotely stand out.

I think she can make money in Europe (if she preferred that to coaching in the US), and help Team GB, but I'm a long way from convinced that she can make it in the WNBA. Especially on a Sparks team that's already struggling to make room for everyone else they might want to keep.

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She made it last year but got injured in last pre season game. She is a solid player and her 3s are what teams need and the fact that she can come in cold and hit them.

This year I actually think they are yanking everyones chain, which is a shame. I don't think there are any spots available period but that doesn't mean other teams will not pick up players. There are a lot of players she could beat out with her shooting and the fact she has a high IQ and reads defensives better than most.

Not sure why she would want to help GB any way, don't you have zero money and no chance of doing anything.

Last edited by Nixtreefan on 05/09/18 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
She made it last year but got injured in last pre season game. She is a solid player and her 3s are what teams need and the fact that she can come in cold and hit them.

You’re saying she would have beat out Wiese?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just know that's what was said and confirmed by Dishin.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Richyyy"][quote="bballjunkie"][quote="Richyyy"][quote="zune69"]LA should keep Samuelson.She was great during last years preseason before she was injured...LA also needs to trade,buyout,or cut Pondexter....Just a terrible fit IMO[/quote]
I'll be absolutely bloody stunned if Samuelson makes this roster. Having seen her play a couple of times for Great Britain, she was fine, but that was it. You really need to be able to do [i]something[/i] else besides shoot threes to be a viable WNBA player.[/quote]

But hey I will let her sister know that the Brit’s don’t think much of her and maybe she can save a trip LOL[/quote]
Hey, I was happy when she joined the program, and grateful for her help, especially when she finally decided to show up and do something in the second half of the second qualifier. On that team she's a useful rotation player. A team where only two players have ever sniffed the WNBA, only one's ever played a regular season game, and maybe about five get actual money to play basketball in mainland Europe. And she didn't remotely stand out.

I think she can make money in Europe (if she preferred that to coaching in the US), and help Team GB, but I'm a long way from convinced that she can make it in the WNBA. Especially on a Sparks team that's already struggling to make room for everyone else they might want to keep.[/quote]

Against the Sun she played better than most of our players so if there is no spot in LA I hope Curt takes a look at her.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:

Against the Sun she played better than most of our players so if there is no spot in LA I hope Curt takes a look at her.

Well it was one preseason game where she got to be a starter....

It’s not too realistic this year. I think it’ll come down to Laney and George or BJones for the last cut.... that’s if JJones ever shows up.

Not realistic for future years either. Next year Bria Holmes should be returning, and she should be in competition for a SF spot. They’re also in constant pursuit of Torrens, who would most likely become the lead SF, depending on what they end up doing with Chiney.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s usually all rookies have. The point is that if they can show they can compete and do certain things that players on your roster don’t, that’s why you get rid of those players who keep making the same mistakes.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Careful she is better than Banham. Laughing Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Well it was one preseason game where she got to be a starter....

It’s not too realistic this year. I think it’ll come down to Laney and George or BJones for the last cut.... that’s if JJones ever shows up.

Not realistic for future years either. Next year Bria Holmes should be returning, and she should be in competition for a SF spot. They’re also in constant pursuit of Torrens, who would most likely become the lead SF, depending on what they end up doing with Chiney.

Its pretty safe to say Torrens wont be coming to Uncasville anytime soon.

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s usually all rookies have. The point is that if they can show they can compete and do certain things that players on your roster don’t, that’s why you get rid of those players who keep making the same mistakes.

Oops double post but I agree WNBA. Hey the Ct fans would love to see more of KLS at the games too.

Wonder if Curt is regretting not taking Kia Wink

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/09/18 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I just thought LA would've been better off acquiring a SF who can defend,or knock down the 3...I don't think another ball dominate guard is what LA needed.

They already have Carson & Beard to fill those roles. Granted, Carson can't seem to hit jump shots on a consistent basis and Beard isn't necessarily a shooter herself. I think people underestimate how little of minutes there are for bench players, especially if a rotation is already tight like LA's.

Pondexter was redundant, but I'd rather have her at the age of 35 than Williams. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/09/18 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They make each other redundant. Too many players who need to be dumped as each have a deficiency that doesn't help the team and they are old. The only one I love is Beard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: