RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Board tech issue(s)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miller40

PostPosted: 05/02/18 7:17 am    ::: Board tech issue(s) Reply Reply with quote

Is anyone else having this issue; it's been going on awhile for me:

I can no longer click on a thread and go automatically to the first unread message. Nor can I click on a page number and go directly to that page (it always takes me to the first page).

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/02/18 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Try going into the cookies for whatever browser you use (in Firefox it's under Tools > Options > Privacy and Security > Remove individual cookies), and deleting anything including the word 'rebkell'. Then reload. You'll have to login again, but in my experience after that anything that worked before should go back to working again. Sometimes the cookies here seem to get 'stuck', and that resets them.

PostPosted: 05/02/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Try going into the cookies for whatever browser you use (in Firefox it's under Tools > Options > Privacy and Security > Remove individual cookies), and deleting anything including the word 'rebkell'. Then reload. You'll have to login again, but in my experience after that anything that worked before should go back to working again. Sometimes the cookies here seem to get 'stuck', and that resets them.

Hm. Thanks for the tip. I just deleted my cookies, logged back in ... but still the same issue. I'll keep fiddling around.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/02/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like we may be using different board formats, but in the 'Classic' format that I use I've always had to click on the little yellow folder symbol to jump to new posts. Just clicking on the main thread title always goes to the start of the thread. Good luck; the board software here is often temperamental.

PostPosted: 05/02/18 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those features are working ok for me in both Macinscott2 and SubSilver styles, so I doubt it's a style thing. (I would have guessed a cookie issue too)

PostPosted: 05/03/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's been happening to me now and then, but not all the time. I do clean out my history and cookies fairly regularly, so maybe that's why it's not worse. It's a fairly new problem -- maybe a month.

PostPosted: 05/03/18 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a strange situation where on my cell phone (Samsung) my links will pull usually up the Forum listing instead page instead of the WNBA page. While I can usually get to the WNBA page once, clicking on the WNBA link after reading a thread, I always go to the forum listing and can't get back to the WNBA page. Any ideas?

miller40

PostPosted: 05/05/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
It's been happening to me now and then, but not all the time. I do clean out my history and cookies fairly regularly, so maybe that's why it's not worse. It's a fairly new problem -- maybe a month.

Mine definitely started at some point in 2018, but I can't remember when. Prior to March Madness. I've cleared my cookies and browser history a few times since my initial post and nothing is helping. I think I'll just cut back on the number of threads I read until I figure something out.

chadb

PostPosted: 05/05/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same thing....just noticed it in the last week or two.

merlina

PostPosted: 05/05/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chadb wrote:
I am experiencing the same thing....just noticed it in the last week or two.

It's just started working for me again in the past week or so after not working for months.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: