RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Russian League Finals: UMMC vs. Dynamo Kursk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:16 am    ::: Russian League Finals: UMMC vs. Dynamo Kursk Reply Reply with quote

It's best 3 out of 5. Game 1 is on now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxbFeA76vw&feature=push-lbrm&attr_tag=NZXS3Sg8KYiOIkfh-6

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vadeeva started and has looked pretty good, thus far. She hit a 3 to close out the first quarter! Kursk is leading 25 -16. Faulkner (Chicago) is getting some time for UMMC now.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya with a big chunk of UMMC's points just picked up her 3rd foul in the 2nd quarter. I think Angel was just called for a tech. 24-32 Kursk

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really poor shot clock management for Kursk during the last 2 plays to end the half. With a Torrens 3, UMMC took the lead 34-35 closing the 2nd quarter. Btw, still no Pipf for Kursk, nor any Toliver or Sanders for UMMC.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The missing UMMC players may well be due to the Russian league rules, which require a certain number of Russians on the court, not just Europeans (which is why Faulkner - now 'Russian' - is particularly useful). Piph on the other hand is presumably hurt, seeing as she missed the ELW games and is herself 'Russian'.

The foul I saw that they called on Maya, possibly her third, was a ridiculous call. And in Ekaterinburg as well! Don't these refs want to get out alive?

PostPosted: 04/27/18 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
The missing UMMC players may well be due to the Russian league rules, which require a certain number of Russians on the court, not just Europeans (which is why Faulkner - now 'Russian' - is particularly useful). Piph on the other hand is presumably hurt, seeing as she missed the ELW games and is herself 'Russian'.

The foul I saw that they called on Maya, possibly her third, was a ridiculous call. And in Ekaterinburg as well! Don't these refs want to get out alive?

Yes indeed, I'm sure that's what is keeping the UMMC players out. I wonder what kind of injury Prince has. Gooood night, Maya is ridiculous wherever she goes! lol! Nneka was above the rim on that last rebound attempt and the teams are backdooring the heck out of each other.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/27/18 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vadeeva is definitely not afraid to challenge BG but she needs to realize it will be hard to power through her. Some good footwork drills would do wonders there.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/27/18 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whelp, Superteam UMMC takes game one and no disrespect to Cruz but Kursk really needs a point guard who can manage the clock, pass the rock and be an offensive threat...Yikes! There is not a lot of flow to their offense.

Game 2 is Sunday!

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 04/28/18 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't watch the game but looked at the stats (what I usually do). I noticed a couple of things.

Krusk seemed to forget about Petrovic. She has been one of their best recently. Nneka took a lot more shots than usual.

And I am hoping that BG will get those rebounding results while playing against Vadeeva this summer. And anyone else for that matter.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/28/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know what time Game 2 starts tomorrow?

PostPosted: 04/28/18 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Anyone know what time Game 2 starts tomorrow?

I believe it's 8AM Eastern. I'll definitely post the game youtube streaming link when they post, unless someone locates it first.

sportsfan48: Yeah, I don't know why they went away from Petrovic. It will be interesting to see what they do tomorrow.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/29/18 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, 8AM eastern: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6HCv4Nrkc

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

15-11 UMMC half way through the first

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel hasn't made it in... I haven't seen her at all. Edwidge Lawson-Wade sighting in the stands. Ummc up 30-18 to end the 1st.

jap

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Angel hasn't made it in... I haven't seen her at all. Edwidge Lawson-Wade sighting in the stands. Ummc up 30-18 to end the 1st.

Angel was shown sitting in the stands earlier . . . I don't know why.

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kursk looking a little out of their depth in most of the first. McCoughtry in street clothes, presumably to allow Ciak to play instead, and that hasn't worked.

Thanks for your help finding the game (and noticing when it was on), WfanFrJmp. Now I'm gonna expect you to find where Kursk are broadcasting the next game(s) in the series Wink.

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh wow, I missed seeing Angel. I must have been walking around then Embarassed Laughing I hope she's ok. You're right they are looking very much out of their depth but with Prince, their starting point and Angel out, I suppose what should we expect. I mean, it was going to be difficult anyway... The funny thing is that since UMMC's offense is flowing pretty good, Maya, BG and Emma haven't really had to impose themselves. Torrens has finally found a nice rhythm though.

Whew that was some frustration from Kursk's #3! Thankfully it was only aimed at the ball. lol!
Halftime! I missed the score and of course, they are so kind as to not keep it at the bottom....*sigh*

It looks like game 3 will be in the Russia basket site. I'll definitely keep you posted once I find something concrete.

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 04/29/18 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Kursk looking a little out of their depth in most of the first. McCoughtry in street clothes, presumably to allow Ciak to play instead, and that hasn't worked.

Thanks for your help finding the game (and noticing when it was on), WfanFrJmp. Now I'm gonna expect you to find where Kursk are broadcasting the next game(s) in the series Wink.

Why wouldnt they play their best player? Because they think Ciak can control Griner? Even if she controls her to 8 pts or something on a rough shooting night then they still wouldnt win. Nneka cant keep up with the offensive output from Maya and Emma

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Why wouldnt they play their best player? Because they think Ciak can control Griner? Even if she controls her to 8 pts or something on a rough shooting night then they still wouldnt win. Nneka cant keep up with the offensive output from Maya and Emma

You're right! I haven't seen alot of Kursk games this season but there have been a number of them where Angel looked like she couldn't miss. I truly wonder what's going on and would kinda prefer seeing our W girls on the Kursk side getting some rest and prepping for the season....

About to start the 3rd with UMMC up 47-29.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Halftime! I missed the score and of course, they are so kind as to not keep it at the bottom....*sigh*

If you want to rewatch anything you can use the red bar at the bottom to go back, just like any normal YouTube video. You don't have to watch it all live.

Michelle89 wrote:

I would tend to agree, especially as Game 1 was pretty close and didn't seem to demand major changes. Of course it's possible that Angel picked up some kind of injury and that's why she's out (my Russian isn't great Wink ).

PostPosted: 04/29/18 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ha, yep Richyy! I was being too lazy to rewind it back to get the score Embarassed Laughing

68-50 starting the 4th. Maybe they kinda heard me and neither Nneka or Petrovic started the 4th.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/29/18 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why Emma and Maya are still in there either. Emma just got chin checked!

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/29/18 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh wait! Nneka and Petrovic bought in new life. They are only down 12.

Was that Nolan's voice we just heard?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/29/18 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the hell are the foreingner rules in Russia these days, anyway? It can't be two Russians on the floor at all times with the Torrens/Moore/Meesseman/Griner/ANOther lineup UMMC go to all the time. Is it at least one Russian, plus max of two non-European?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: