100%  [ 4 ]
Sopron Basket
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/18 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game highlights

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MA4pkzGq4gc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/22/18 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/22/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, this was a good series for Emma. Dang, I missed Eurobasket 2017.

Shades wrote:
Nice tournament for Meesseman, but I think the MVP has to go to Moore.

Agreed! Now hmmm, where do we get to watch that? I believe we've been able to see it in the past.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/18 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Meesseman took home the golden basketball.
I suppose they tend to favor the Europeans in these kind of things if it's close.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Post-game press conference

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xlw71djf6EE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/22/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Looks like Meesseman took home the golden basketball.
I suppose they tend to favor the Europeans in these kind of things if it's close.

Yes indeed, she did!

https://twitter.com/EuroLeagueWomen/status/988158199852396546

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

https://twitter.com/EuroLeagueWomen/status/988158199852396546

That's Lynx assistant coach James Wade (the one who wants to turn the Lynx French because he married a French player) with MY thought bubble.
I won't take anything away from Meesseman. She's nice. But really, this was Maya's. It's supposed to be based on both games in the Final Foul.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 04/23/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turner looked good, she damn near had a comeback on UMMC by herself Shocked .

BG is talented but she's acts like bully. You forced that player to miss a layup good play but why be extra afterward about it?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/24/18 4:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

BG is talented but she's acts like bully. You forced that player to miss a layup good play but why be extra afterward about it?

Should of given her a T for taunting and then see if she keeps on doing that.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 04/24/18 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was wondering - do the European player misbehave as annoyingly as the Americans (like BG, DT, Angel, etc)? Do the referees allow that sort of nonsense to go on unabated like ours?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/24/18 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I was wondering - do the European player misbehave as annoyingly as the Americans (like BG, DT, Angel, etc)? Do the referees allow that sort of nonsense to go on unabated like ours?

There is a lot less whining and antics towards the refs IMO. Jumping up and down after calls, making big gestures, or waiving off the ref etc. is most of the time not allowed. They are more stricter overseas then in the WNBA about this

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 04/24/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the last game with Lavender, I could have sworn I heard her screaming “Are you ishing me?” after a non-call. She’s getting very Parker-esque.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 04/24/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

I agree but that other player was wrong too for pushing BG too & should have got T as well. Glad BG let it go & didnt ruin her team winning a title by getting into a fight.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/25/18 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

I agree but that other player was wrong too for pushing BG too & should have got T as well. Glad BG let it go & didnt ruin her team winning a title by getting into a fight.

Griner often celebrates or worse 'celebtrates' over someone or in someones face when she blocks a player. Its annoying and tbh a bit pathetic. You are 6'8 blocking someone that is atleast 6-8 inches smaller then you. Whooptiedoo Rolling Eyes

Randy

PostPosted: 04/25/18 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of blocks are hardly worth celebrating anyway. Half the time, the shot would have missed or the opposing team gets the ball back anyway. A steal is worth a lot more than a block. I'd say a block is worth no more than a deflection most of the time, save for final shot of a close game. They don't even keep stats on deflections.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 04/25/18 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

Griner often celebrates or worse 'celebtrates' over someone or in someones face when she blocks a player. Its annoying and tbh a bit pathetic. You are 6'8 blocking someone that is atleast 6-8 inches smaller then you. Whooptiedoo Rolling Eyes
Right its like At 6'8 we expect you to block shots. Having DT supporting her antics hasn't help it either.Its interesting that you bought up the refs oversea don't put up with players antics but I seen DT & BG act worst with other players oversea.

I thought for a while BG wanting to block shots is the reason why she struggle getting rebounds. Im not trying to throw shade just something I'd noticed from watching her play.

miller40

PostPosted: 04/25/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was really unimpressed with Alba Torrens. I expected her to be a lot better after all the talk there always is about her.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/25/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
I was really unimpressed with Alba Torrens. I expected her to be a lot better after all the talk there always is about her.

The Alba 5 years ago is not the same player today , but still more effective than half the WNBA SF's .

PostPosted: 04/25/18 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

Right its like At 6'8 we expect you to block shots. Having DT supporting her antics hasn't help it either.Its interesting that you bought up the refs oversea don't put up with players antics but I seen DT & BG act worst with other players oversea.

I thought for a while BG wanting to block shots is the reason why she struggle getting rebounds. Im not trying to throw shade just something I'd noticed from watching her play.

Tbh Taurasi has gotten away with a lot for years even in her days at Spartak Moscow. A lot more then other other star players. I dont know why.
I remember the good old times when she played with Spartak against UMMC. She could of been tossed in a number of those Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: