RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 USA 3x3 Championships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/19/18 8:53 pm    ::: 2018 USA 3x3 Championships Reply Reply with quote

The tournament will be played this weekend:
https://www.usab.com/3x3/3x3-open-women-nc/roster.aspx

I put it on this side since their will be a lot of college teams playing, including a number of Pac 12 schools again. There's one all-star team that is probably the favorite even with Oregon, but don't count out the teams with pro players.

Personally I am excited for Triple C's and a K, which features local legends, the Morris sisters. Also on that team is Charlee Underwood, a legend of my time in our high school league since the talent disparity between her and her next best teammate was enormous. In those days, our league was split into a higher and lower division with the lower division winner competing in the main playoffs. She single-handedly led her team from the lower division to a win over the third best team in the league. ClayK, should I be embarrassed to not know who Katie Batlin is?
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/22/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon won, beating one of the teams of pros in the final.
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 04/22/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reigning champs substituted Deja Strother and Natalie Romeo with Hannah Johnson and Jenna Moser. Strother is probably still injured. Nothing new about Romeo, who has competed at a 3x3 World Championship. Damn shame the US wasn't in the 2017 World Cup.

awhom111

PostPosted: 06/12/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon/USA was defeated in the world quarterfinals by eventual champions Italy. The other team was not as strong as some of the other European teams, but got the job done. Former Wisconsin player Rae Lin D'Alie led the team on her way to MVP honors and cult hero status in the basketball-mad Philippines.
awhom111

PostPosted: 07/03/18 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The arena that hosted the World Championship is the same place where the big brawl happened yesterday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: