RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Diamond's path to the W: Tennessee to Turkey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:27 am    ::: Diamond's path to the W: Tennessee to Turkey Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/sports/basketball/diamond-deshields-wnba-draft.html

Quote:
“I used to kind of take more breaks because I could,” DeShields said. “Before I was able to maneuver on the court better than most people because of my natural ability. Now I want to dominate.”

sigur3

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“Being at Tennessee, there’s a Lady Vol way — ‘This is how Lady Vols do things, this is how Lady Vols behave, this is how Lady Vols talk, this is how we walk.’ I’m blessed to have gone to Tennessee and been a part of that, but there always is the personal side of everybody that is maybe different from what the university has sculpted as their idea. That’s why I say I’m a unicorn.”

Neutral

Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She used to take plays off, kinda like Randy Moss? Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Now the girls downstairs are asking me, ‘What it’s like, what’s different?’” DeShields said. “When I made my decision to turn pro, it wasn’t in a sense of who’s done this before, who can I call to ask? I was like, I’m going. I don’t know who’s done it, I don’t care who’s done it. I feel good about it so I’m going to do it.”

Rolling Eyes

stever

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
“Being at Tennessee, there’s a Lady Vol way — ‘This is how Lady Vols do things, this is how Lady Vols behave, this is how Lady Vols talk, this is how we walk.’ I’m blessed to have gone to Tennessee and been a part of that, but there always is the personal side of everybody that is maybe different from what the university has sculpted as their idea. That’s why I say I’m a unicorn.”

Neutral

Laughing Sometimes your Master's thesis just writes itself. Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Despite garnering multiple national freshman of the year awards, DeShields departed after only one season with the Tar Heels, later admitting she acted like a “knucklehead” as a freshman

There’s that word Reeve lives to use. Her policy is to avoid knuckleheads. I suppose a player could mature out of being a knucklehead, but that doesn’t necessarily happen. She still comes off as a bit kooky.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
Despite garnering multiple national freshman of the year awards, DeShields departed after only one season with the Tar Heels, later admitting she acted like a “knucklehead” as a freshman

There’s that word Reeve lives to use. Her policy is to avoid knuckleheads. I suppose a player could mature out of being a knucklehead, but that doesn’t necessarily happen. She still comes off as a bit kooky.

Will the bashing continue once she's drafted ? Jw

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

Probability: High

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

#Motivation

PostPosted: 04/12/18 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

Very high, especially if she doesn't back it up. At least she's honest though and I still like the potential, but I could understand why some GMs and coaches would be hesitant with her kind of personality..

PostPosted: 04/12/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

Very high, especially if she doesn't back it up. At least she's honest though and I still like the potential, but I could understand why some GMs and coaches would be hesitant with her kind of personality..

I have no doubt in my mind that she will back it up . I cannot wait ! Cool Cool

PostPosted: 04/12/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

I have no doubt in my mind that she will back it up . I cannot wait ! Cool Cool

I hope so, she’s one of my favorites as well. Cool

PostPosted: 04/12/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

I kinda like this. Rebellious can be a good thing. It can also be an ego thing. Or both. So I guess we'll eventually decide which kind of a thing DD is up to and what she grows into. I wish her the best and hope she lives up to her potential.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My not scientifically backed opinion is that the parents erred naming their child. From this, all the bs flowed.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: