RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nice Pitch, Muffet!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/18 10:54 pm    ::: Nice Pitch, Muffet!!!! Reply Reply with quote

Muffet threw out the first pitch at the South Bend Cubs game tonight. Looked pretty good to me. Smile Her segment starts about 2:00 into the video.

http://wsbt.com/sports/content/just-fun-to-be-back-fans-enjoy-a-chilly-south-bend-cubs-home-opener

This one really shows the number on the jersey that they gave her. And that was really a great throw. I don't think that the catcher moved his mitt at all!

http://www.wndu.com/video?vid=479073003

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
willtalk

PostPosted: 04/13/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She gets plenty of practice making pitches to potential recruits.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/13/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

Very Happy She's not as good as Geno and some other coaches at pitching in that way, but she's done well enough since Skylar.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/27/18 2:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I LOVE MUFFET'S SKIRTS AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!

Shades

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

... and unscrupulous transfer committees.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/27/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Wa-wa-wa Rolling Eyes
Get over it and move on, will you?

PostPosted: 04/27/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Actually, outside of her just applying for the waiver, there is no indication that she actually spoke to any committee, so your comment is unfounded. Try again.

BTW, the whining and moaning about this reminds me of something I read a while back about a Football rules change in the 1950s.

Back then, if a player went down with an injury and there was an official time out, after the time out the player could return to play immediately. Obviously, that opens up an obvious abuse situation, where a player pretends to be injured just to stop the clock and get the free time out. It was a fairly common occurrence in the sport, but since it rarely influenced games, there wasn't that much said about it.

However, in a 1950 ND-Iowa game ND did that trick (which was common) twice, once at the end of the 2nd quarter and once at the end of the game, and in both games it allowed ND just enough time to score a TD and the game ended up a 14-14 tie (BTW, it kept Frank Leahy from having his only losing season. ND went 4-4-1 that year. Every other year Leahy didn't lose more than 2 games). Oh what there an uproar. Of course, they didn't complain any other time teams did this move (which wasn't actually illegal at the time), but since it did matter this time and ND was the one who did it, people screamed to the high heavens. It's now the rule that if a player stops play due an injury, he has to sit out the next play.

While Shades will likely read this and reply "See ND always cheats" (even though I pointed out pretty much everyone was doing it), my point was that it only became an issue when it decided something.

Has Shades regularly attacked FSU for getting a waiver for Leticia Romero's transfer from KSU? She didn't have to sit out a year.

Has Shade regularly attacked Washington for getting a waiver for Natalie Romeo from Nebraska? She didn't have to sit out a year.

Has Shades regularly attacked FSU for getting a waiver for Chantrice White from Illinois? She didn't have to sit out a year.

Shades hasn't attacked the above programs. Based on the way Shades posts, you'd think that ND was the only school who applied for a waiver like this. They weren't. It seems like Shades is deceptively suggesting that ND has been the only school who decided to petition for a waiver. The NCAA could have always said no.

In each case the situation (generally coaches who were fired after being investigated) was different from standard transfer reasons, and while not common, was not without precedent in Shepard's case.

The difference (besides it being ND) is that unlike the other schools who got the waiver, it helped ND win a NC by providing crucial depth to a team plagued by injuries.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/27/18 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Shades wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Wa-wa-wa Rolling Eyes

Irrelevant Tennessee Lady Vols loving,,.......ok I'm done

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/27/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Shades wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Wa-wa-wa Rolling Eyes

Irrelevant Tennessee Lady Vols loving,,.......ok I'm done

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm now first and foremost a JMU fan. Sure I'm a LVFL, but I've moved elsewhere and moved on, and that has nothing to do with my comment to Shades. I am just sick and tired of his constant whining about ONE transfer. Funny I didn't hear anything out of him about White or Romeo......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: