RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

To whom it may concern.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3834
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 5:17 pm    ::: To whom it may concern. Reply Reply with quote

Just asking. Why have I been removed as moderator for the collectables forum? Have I done something wrong? Just checking, thought I'd put the post here for a better response time. Why does the entire forum board seem different anyways?



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19616



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 7:04 pm    ::: Re: To whom it may concern. Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Just asking. Why have I been removed as moderator for the collectables forum? Have I done something wrong? Just checking, thought I'd put the post here for a better response time. Why does the entire forum board seem different anyways?


If you noticed I got rid of all the moderator assignments and board subtitles. Going to have to put something back because it all looks empty now. But probably not the mod thing. It's just misleading and it's the one thing that's really weird to get to so, you can see, we had mods who aren't even on the board anymore. Because it's so clunky to get to. So the mod thing probably isn't coming back but I can't say for sure. But to be clear, it's not just you. It's mods in general.


Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3834
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 7:30 pm    ::: Re: To whom it may concern. Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
Just asking. Why have I been removed as moderator for the collectables forum? Have I done something wrong? Just checking, thought I'd put the post here for a better response time. Why does the entire forum board seem different anyways?


If you noticed I got rid of all the moderator assignments and board subtitles. Going to have to put something back because it all looks empty now. But probably not the mod thing. It's just misleading and it's the one thing that's really weird to get to so, you can see, we had mods who aren't even on the board anymore. Because it's so clunky to get to. So the mod thing probably isn't coming back but I can't say for sure. But to be clear, it's not just you. It's mods in general.


Thanks for the update. It was just disconcerting to see the change and not be notified in advance. Just a quick FYI, I have kept an eye on the collectables forum, but with all of the inactivity there, there wasn't too much to delete or respond to. I will always be available if you do change your mind though. I'm not going anywhere, unless the board's owner or God says otherwise. Later, jammer!



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19616



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 7:52 pm    ::: Re: To whom it may concern. Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
Just asking. Why have I been removed as moderator for the collectables forum? Have I done something wrong? Just checking, thought I'd put the post here for a better response time. Why does the entire forum board seem different anyways?


If you noticed I got rid of all the moderator assignments and board subtitles. Going to have to put something back because it all looks empty now. But probably not the mod thing. It's just misleading and it's the one thing that's really weird to get to so, you can see, we had mods who aren't even on the board anymore. Because it's so clunky to get to. So the mod thing probably isn't coming back but I can't say for sure. But to be clear, it's not just you. It's mods in general.


Thanks for the update. It was just disconcerting to see the change and not be notified in advance. Just a quick FYI, I have kept an eye on the collectables forum, but with all of the inactivity there, there wasn't too much to delete or respond to. I will always be available if you do change your mind though. I'm not going anywhere, unless the board's owner or God says otherwise. Later, jammer!


Thank you, Richard.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5028
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/06/18 5:58 pm    ::: Re: To whom it may concern. Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Going to have to put something back because it all looks empty now. But probably not the mod thing. . . . So the mod thing probably isn't coming back but I can't say for sure. But to be clear, it's not just you. It's mods in general.


The index page does look too empty without some sort of descriptive subtitles.

I'm confused about what the "mod thing" is that's not coming back. Do you mean there will be no mods, the mods are changing, or simply that the mods will be unnamed. I've been a member for 13+ years but am slow. Other than knowing that Reb Kelly is the owner, I've never been sure who's a moderator, administrator or what the difference is. Virtually all discussion forums I read identify the staff with avatar titles. Of course, most also have written rules to assist members and staff from acting irrationally or inconsistently . . . you know, like WBB refs.
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19616



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/06/18 7:11 pm    ::: Re: To whom it may concern. Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Going to have to put something back because it all looks empty now. But probably not the mod thing. . . . So the mod thing probably isn't coming back but I can't say for sure. But to be clear, it's not just you. It's mods in general.


The index page does look too empty without some sort of descriptive subtitles.

I'm confused about what the "mod thing" is that's not coming back. Do you mean there will be no mods, the mods are changing, or simply that the mods will be unnamed. I've been a member for 13+ years but am slow. Other than knowing that Reb Kelly is the owner, I've never been sure who's a moderator, administrator or what the difference is.


Confusion on that exact point was a major reason for removing those names. They were put there many years ago and for a number of reasons, like people leaving the board, or not being that active, or not being that attentive, or me telling them all I wanted was them basically to be seen and not actively pushing their weight around on the boards, for all those reasons and I'm sure some I don't even want to recall, the mod thing never really took off here.

But getting rid of those names? It took me about 15 minutes just to figure out how to do that and then I had to do it for each and every one individually.

Right now, with the owner of the board not feeling well, I'd rather not spell out too much at this time about what's what. There essentially hasn't been mods for quite a few years. Just a handful of people who have the admins' interface available to them. And at this point, it's more like a Django Reinhardt handful but whatever. Wink

As far as getting new mods, etc. There was something in a thread on the WNBA board about nothing worse than two people working a one man job. Well, I got something worse. Eight people working a two man job. I know there's some current kerfuffle. But if you look at the quality of the conversations over on the basketball end of this place... I would say things are still as amazing as they have been but maybe even more so. So I don't buy the idea that anything really has gone wrong. NCAA season ends and we've got a while before the WNBA starts up. We always have some shit go down about this time.

I agree about how things look on the index page. I regret doing that. I can put stuff back in there, I'm sure I have many screen shots of the index page prior to my dicking around with it. But Luuuc said, and I agree with this also, our eyes just need to adjust to the new look. We'll see.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin