RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up

PostPosted: 11/08/18 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
OMG Geno playing it up big in the preseason.

"I think we are #2 based more on our past than what we have done"

"We haven't been in this situation in a while"

How sad to hear this one came from a man who coached a team of slow white girls with mullets to the Final 4. Who took non highly Jen Rizzoti and won a title with her as PG. Who took Maria Colon from bench slug to starter.

Now he makes it sound like a team with 3 #1 rated recruits and 2 other top 5's is just not up to par with the rest of the nation. The white flag seems raised. He was pacing back and forth so much in a recent practice video senior citizens on the Boneyard were getting motion sickness.

Where is the Geno that took challenges head on? That didn't cower?

To quote a famous tweeter...SAD!

Two words, 99:

Christyn Williams.

And a few more:

Step back from the ledge. Smile

Personally, I think this will be his most defensively-challenged team in several years.
I think come March they will be much improved on defense.

That's the usual scenario. It's more critical this year than in the recent past, imo.

PostPosted: 11/19/18 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The cavalry is starting to get suspicious.

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/curious-about-lou.136160/

To answer their question, no nothing is physically wrong with her.

Her coach has given her the green light to shoot for anywhere anytime. She takes a ton of forced dumb shots. That's why people are wondering whats wrong with her.

PRballer

PostPosted: 11/19/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I’m wondering how much the AAC is starting to hurt UConn. Sure, they play the most punishing OOC schedule of any team. They have to. But then they play a whole conference schedule of basically cupcakes, interrupted by one or two decent games. That has to hurt them. You just can’t stay as sharp as you should when every game is a blowout.

I think the AAC "challenges" will come more into play with Geno's successor (assuming it will be Shea Ralph or Jen Rizzotti). Time will tell but certainly an interesting factor when you consider UConn's future in the sport!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/19/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I’m wondering how much the AAC is starting to hurt UConn. Sure, they play the most punishing OOC schedule of any team. They have to. But then they play a whole conference schedule of basically cupcakes, interrupted by one or two decent games. That has to hurt them. You just can’t stay as sharp as you should when every game is a blowout.

I think the AAC "challenges" will come more into play with Geno's successor (assuming it will be Shea Ralph or Jen Rizzotti). Time will tell but certainly an interesting factor when you consider UConn's future in the sport!

That "punishing schedule" turns out to be at most five games - DePaul. Notre Dame, Louisville, Baylor, and S.Carolina. That's a lot from a ranking/seeding/credibility standpoint, but is that enough to offset from a preparation standpoint the conference schedule?

And has anyone bothered to look at how Rizotti is doing at GW? They got hot in the conference tournament in a down year for the A10 last year and won the auto bid or would not have been close to making the NCAA tournament (well, at least they would have avoided the 40 pt thrashing by Ohio St). And this year they are just plain horrible. She had better have a dramatic recovery or she has less than zero chance of being hired as Geno's successor.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 11/19/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the good ways to tell you are dealing with someone who is about 10 years dated with their thinking, are those UConn fans who still think Jen Rizzotti
is a good head coach and possible successor to Geno.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/19/18 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Sitting here in Virginia and watching GW, I can pretty much say I don't think it will be Jen Rizzotti, unless UConn REALLY takes being an AAC school seriously. /s (I just don't know how to make that snark mark any plainer!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: