RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/26/18 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballnut901 wrote:
The fans freaking out is comical to me. Fans somehow forget that even if you miss out on Jones too, your roster next year will still have two number 1 recruits and 2 other top 5 recruits on it. Good lord, you'll still have more talent than 99% of the other teams out there. And if Geno does land Jones, everyone will be praising him for landing three consecutive number 1 recruits...something that's never been done before.

Before UCONN fans start talking about last year being their last Final Four, let's see UCONN actually lose a regular season game (something that's happened just once in 5.5 years) before we start that discussion.

+1

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/27/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

That "punishing schedule" turns out to be at most five games - DePaul. Notre Dame, Louisville, Baylor, and S.Carolina. That's a lot from a ranking/seeding/credibility standpoint, but is that enough to offset from a preparation standpoint the conference schedule?

I like how you include DePaul and somehow forgot about Baylor.

Reading is fundamental. You should try it sometime.
I understand that taking a breath before hitting "submit" might slow down your trolling, but still. . .

Quote:
UConn has more challenging games after the NY than the other top P-5 teams like N Dame, Baylor, etc.

That is, of course, utter horseshit, but then I suspect you knew that when you posted it.

BTW, I guess you didn't watch SCar get squashed by MD before you proclaimed what a tough game that is.

OK Art, name the teams at the level of Baylor that N Dame has on their schedule after Jan 1. There are 5 ranked teams. UConn also has 5. Both teams play Louisville, so the comparison comes down to:

UConn - Baylor(4), S Car(13) & 2 games vs USF(17)
N Dame - Tenn(11), Miami(24), NCSt(15) & Syracuse(14)

Those are the facts Art. You can whine and attack me all you want but the facts are clear.

Guess you'll have to adjust your BS; USF is no longer ranked. So now UConn only has 3 ranked opponents after New Years, and 6 overall, while Notre Dame still has 5 after new years and 11 overall. And that doesn't even count that UConn will face zero ranked foes in being handed another AAC Tourney Participation Trophy, while ND will face at least two more ranked opponents in the ACC tournament. And it's more likely that additional ACC teams will enter the rankings than that any AAC teams will.

You've tried to sell this "UConn's AAC schedule is just as tough as those of teams in real conferences" for two or three years. It didn't work then, it doesn't work now. It's just laughable.

To borrow your phrase, Those are the facts Link. You can whine and attack me all you want but the facts are clear.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/27/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
So quiet today wonder why LMAO. But then only real fans would skip games when they can’t make shit up.

Does anyone know what the above means?

Anybody?

PostPosted: 11/27/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

You've tried to sell this "UConn's AAC schedule is just as tough as those of teams in real conferences" for two or three years. It didn't work then, it doesn't work now. It's just laughable.

To borrow your phrase, Those are the facts Link. You can whine and attack me all you want but the facts are clear.

The fact is Art that you are twisting posts to suit your needs. I have never suggested that UConn's AAC schedule is tough. As a matted of fact it is very easy with just 2 or 3 games that offer much challenge. What I have stated is that the P-5 conferences are, for the most part similarly unchallenging for teams like N Dame and the other top teams. N Dame has maybe 2 ACC games in the regular season that offer anything close to a challenge. Look at N dame's record in the ACC. How many games have they lost since joining the ACC?
As I have stated many times the dregs of the AAC are worse than the dregs of the ACC but they are all still dregs and offer little competition to either N Dame or UConn. That's the nature of wcbb. The slope is steep from No 1 to No 20 and is almost vertical when you get to No 50.
If you want to think that N Dame is playing life and death matchups in the ACC and that somehow beating the likes of BC better prepares them for the NCAA's than UConn's wins over E Carolina then I suggest you review the NCAA records of both UConn and N Dame since they joined their conferences. I looked and I see no evidence that it has aided the Irish at all.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/27/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

The fact is Art that you are twisting posts to suit your needs. I have never suggested that UConn's AAC schedule is tough. As a matted of fact it is very easy with just 2 or 3 games that offer much challenge. What I have stated is that the P-5 conferences are, for the most part similarly unchallenging for teams like N Dame and the other top teams. N Dame has maybe 2 ACC games in the regular season that offer anything close to a challenge. Look at N dame's record in the ACC. How many games have they lost since joining the ACC?
As I have stated many times the dregs of the AAC are worse than the dregs of the ACC but they are all still dregs and offer little competition to either N Dame or UConn. That's the nature of wcbb. The slope is steep from No 1 to No 20 and is almost vertical when you get to No 50.
If you want to think that N Dame is playing life and death matchups in the ACC and that somehow beating the likes of BC better prepares them for the NCAA's than UConn's wins over E Carolina then I suggest you review the NCAA records of both UConn and N Dame since they joined their conferences. I looked and I see no evidence that it has aided the Irish at all.

Don't trip with all your backtracking. YOU were the one trying to make some "point" by comparing the number of ranked opponents. When that turned out to be just more nonsense, you promptly drop that and pull some other rubbish out of your bag. But you're the master of throwing junk against the wall to see if any of it sticks. Sorry, but so far all of it has slid off into the gutter.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 11/28/18 3:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Random thought but I seem to remember Jasmine Lister being more attractive? She seems to be dressing down and not wearing makeup.

Is this CD's doing?

Also where is GlennMac?

acsuc99

PostPosted: 11/28/18 3:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
So quiet today wonder why LMAO. But then only real fans would skip games when they can’t make shit up.

Anybody?

Absolutely no idea what he meant either. I was wondering if the wonder why so quiet was in regards to Boston going to SC but I freaked out about that a couple posts above so if he was trying to troll he could have at least have been accurate over his troll. I was LOUD and PANICKY about it!

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 11/28/18 5:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what’s the relevance of 99, Donovan McNabb?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/28/18 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Anybody?

Apparently, even the writer doesn't know.

PostPosted: 11/28/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2018 recruiting report card:

Strike 0: Ezi Magbegor stays in Oz
Strike 1: Samantha Brunelle to ND
Strike 2: Jordan Horston to UTK
Strike 3: Aliyyah Boston to SCar
Strike 4: Haley Jones to Stanford
Foul tip 1: Marisa Moseley to BU and partially unavailable to recruit
Foul tip 2: Shea Ralph pregnant and new mom and partially unavailable to recruit
Foul tip 3: Jasmine Lister has little recruiting experience and no history of hooking high ranked recruits

Solid hit: Local girl Aubrey Griffin, who didn't require any recruiting

Overall: Geno Auriemma et ux. accelerate their retirement plans
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/28/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

I am assuming that your statements about Griffin being "local" (and by "local," you mean Ossining, NY) and that she didn't require any recruiting are not meant to be related to one another .

Translation -- As I understand it, you are not saying that because Griffin was local, she did not require being recruited. Otherwise, Aliyah Boston (Worcester, MA) could be considered "local" - and she certainly was heavily recruited by UConn.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/28/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I am assuming that your statements about Griffin being "local" (and by "local," you mean Ossining, NY) and that she didn't require any recruiting are not meant to be related to one another .

Translation -- As I understand it, you are not saying that because Griffin was local, she did not require being recruited. Otherwise, Aliyah Boston (Worcester, MA) could be considered "local" - and she certainly was heavily recruited by UConn.

That would be, imo, the correct assumption. Wink

PostPosted: 11/28/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

That would be, imo, the correct assumption. Wink

UConn was always Griffin's dream school, which she and her high school coach stated publicly and privately. She required virtually no effort by UConn. I think there is a connection to her being local, in that she watched fellow alums Saniya Chong and Andra Espinoza-Hunter go to UConn and she drove to many UConn games.

But, no, being local to any school does not automatically make that school a lock for an athlete or even a favorite. Griffin publicly was, however, and Boston (erroneously) was thought privately to be.

By UConn's inflated standards and expectations this recruiting season has been a huge multiple whiff by Geno. The only other one-player recruiting classes I can recall off hand are Saniya Chong in 2013, Kelly Faris in 2009, and Kennitra Johnson in 1999.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/28/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The only other one-player recruiting classes I can recall off hand are Saniya Chong in 2013, Kelly Faris in 2009, and Kennitra Johnson in 1999.

Maybe also Ashley Valley in 2001. I think Stacey Marron was a walk-on rather than a recruit, and that Jessica Moore was 2000 recruit who redshirted her freshman year.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/29/18 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How are y'all doing for 2020?

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/29/18 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
How are y'all doing for 2020?

There are no commitments yet, so know one knows anything.

It's clear that, for UConn to maintain its accustomed Genghis Khan dominance over the next five years, the 2020 class somehow has to be Alexandra the Greatest. However, that'll be numerically tough. There may not be enough talent or height in 2020 to ransack and hoard, and Stanford's already gotten the most talented tall tree, Cameron Brink. Paige Bueckers, a 5-11 guard, is probably the player most coveted by Geno . . . and every other coach with a medulla oblongata.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/29/18 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are the current rumors about Bueckers? Is she the one some thought she would follow a friend to ND?

And yeah, we're really excited about getting #1 next year and #2 the following year. I think this is the best Tara & company have done in forever...

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/29/18 5:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor and Texas also had one player classes and will be looking to hoard talent in 2020. Oregon as well and though Graves likes going overseas there are hot Pickens in the state of Washington next year.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/29/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Baylor and Texas also had one player classes and will be looking to hoard talent in 2020.

Then there will be a shootout in Texas for 6-4 Hannah Gusters of Duncanville H.S., who is the #1 ranked post player by HoopGurlz and Prospects Nation. (Both sites call the higher ranked Cameron Brink a forward.) UConn badly needs AA potential paint height.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YNdOLQPFZpo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Silly to base observations on short video clips, but Gusters doesn't look as talented in this clip as 2018 UConn whiffee Charlie Collier or 2019 whiffee Aliyyah Boston did in similar clips.
pilight

PostPosted: 12/07/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lobo's number to be retired

https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2018/12/7/mens-basketball-allen-and-lobo-to-have-numbers-retired.aspx

Quote:
Lobo's #50 will be retired during the women's basketball team's contest against Houston on March 2

PostPosted: 12/07/18 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wrong thread...sort of.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 02/03/19 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread falls to Page 2. Rome really is burning.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/03/19 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
This thread falls to Page 2. Rome really is burning.

THERE you are. Thought you may have left the building.

PostPosted: 02/03/19 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a UConn fan, I hope we get our ass handed to us one more time before the NCAA tourney. This specific team needs to be hungry at the right time and have something to prove. At this point, I'm just hoping for a Final Four appearance.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 02/03/19 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i feel like you know williams is going to have to come out of her funk eventually. and samuelsons shooting.

those 2 things happen and we are kind of back to the notre dame game team... but that will be necessary for 4-5 straight game in march/april.

i think a success would be getting to final four this year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: