RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Early declarers - Azura Stevens
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerd2

PostPosted: 04/02/18 1:31 pm    ::: Early declarers - Azura Stevens Reply Reply with quote

How many others?

toad455

PostPosted: 04/02/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, Gonzaga's Jill Barta was first last week.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/02/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is BIG news. now every talented player drops a spot down. Chicago is now sittin pretty, they can now get either Mitchell or Stevens if Indy passes on Mitchell

as Lib fan this is good news im loving it lol who's next?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
This is BIG news. now every talented player drops a spot down. Chicago is now sittin pretty, they can now get either Mitchell or Stevens if Indy passes on Mitchell

Not every player. Stevens isn't going #1.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

I see Vivians dropping to New York. I wonder if Vadeeva drops out of the first round. Too many guarantees in the first round now.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/02/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

you know what, you right, it just changes every teams draft board and strategies;

My 1st round Mock

Aces:Wilson (Billy Boy ain't dumb)
Fever: Stevens(you can't pass on a talent like this im sorry, she reminds me of a Bonner
Sky: Mitchell (Chi-Town got a replacement for Cappie, a deadly one)
Sky:Deshields
Storm: Canada (Hughes will pick the best PG in this draft)
Wings: ??? (i don't know what Dallas is gonna do, my feeling is L.Brown but not so sure
Mystics: Vivians (VV has proved alot of people wrong, it just shows with hard work and dedication you can get better)
Indy:Nurse (the most safest pick besides Wilson
Sun: Williams (Gabby drops alll the way down to 9, Coach Miller will be doing Backflips)
Liberty:Billings
Sparks: Vadeeva
Merury: Atkins

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/02/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

I see Vivians dropping to New York. I wonder if Vadeeva drops out of the first round. Too many guarantees in the first round now.

We can only pray toad lol that would be a homerun for the Libs.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
pilight wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

you know what, you right, it just changes every teams draft board and strategies;

My 1st round Mock

Fever: Stevens(you can't pass on a talent like this im sorry, she reminds me of a Bonner
Wings: ??? (i don't know what Dallas is gonna do, my feeling is L.Brown but not so sure
Mystics: Vivians (VV has proved alot of people wrong, it just shows with hard work and dedication you can get better)
Sun: Williams (Gabby drops alll the way down to 9, Coach Miller will be doing Backflips)

Dallas stands firm with Russell at #6 . If Diamond were to fall that could cause other issues for our pick but i dont see that happening. IF anything it will come down to Russell vs Gabby and i take Russell for team needs.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You take whoever is left from williams/deshields and then trade one of the wings for a better post than Russell should not be hard to find one.

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
pilight wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

My 1st round Mock

Dallas stands firm with Russell at #6 . If Diamond were to fall that could cause other issues for our pick but i dont see that happening. IF anything it will come down to Russell vs Gabby and i take Russell for team needs.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the little I have seen of both, I would take Stevens over Wilson.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
You take whoever is left from williams/deshields and then trade one of the wings for a better post than Russell should not be hard to find one.

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
pilight wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

My 1st round Mock

Why trade one of our core proven guards for a rookie who has yet to play 1 minute. Russell is the safe pick here and all we really need. True Center that can come in a back up liz for 10-15 mpg. With Paris gone this is our biggest whole . Nothing at guard needs an upgrade with maybe an exception of back up PG to replace Chong . I dont really see a big gap between Chong & Brown as ive noticed posters linking Lexie to us .

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Ive had those thoughts , but Wilson is WNBA ready . Her determination on both ends beats out Azura .

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

It must be very little. Wilson is a lot better than Stevens.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

It must be very little. Wilson is a lot better than Stevens.

For Now ! 10 Years from now i think Azura will be the better player. She has more room to grow from a potential stand point. Aja has that conventional game where she will only be able to improve in certain areas. Both are game changers for whomever drafts them.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who says you have to trade one of the proven players some teams will be interested in Williams/deshields but if you want the wings to draft another post player bust in the first round be my guest lol

WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
pilight wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

My 1st round Mock

Why trade one of our core proven guards for a rookie who has yet to play 1 minute. Russell is the safe pick here and all we really need. True Center that can come in a back up liz for 10-15 mpg. With Paris gone this is our biggest whole . Nothing at guard needs an upgrade with maybe an exception of back up PG to replace Chong . I dont really see a big gap between Chong & Brown as ive noticed posters linking Lexie to us .

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Who says you have to trade one of the proven players some teams will be interested in Williams/deshields but if you want the wings to draft another post player bust in the first round be my guest lol

WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
pilight wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

My 1st round Mock

Shes a bust? Says who ? The expectations are not for Russell to Win ROY or even make all rookie team. So i dont see how she can be a bust for the Wings Front office , im still at a loss as to why this is such a big deal TO YOU ? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

I am not sure about that. We still have one of the best point guards in the WNBA and Sue doesn't look like she is slowing down for at least a couple more years. Meanwhile, we don't have starter caliber players at the 3 or the 5. If Gabby falls into the 5 spot, I think the Storm will snap her up. Guess we will see in a little over a week.

-Lisa

PostPosted: 04/02/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle keeps passing up the chance to find a reliable backup for Sue. Do Storm fans expect her to still be playing (well) at 40? If Bird goes down, even for a short period, they have Quinn and Loyd to run PG.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/02/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good question. Or is the PG only player going by the wayside?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

I am not sure about that. We still have one of the best point guards in the WNBA and Sue doesn't look like she is slowing down for at least a couple more years. Meanwhile, we don't have starter caliber players at the 3 or the 5. If Gabby falls into the 5 spot, I think the Storm will snap her up. Guess we will see in a little over a week.

-Lisa

Laughing Laughing A couple more years ? If Seattle takes Gabby they deserve to be relocated Exclamation Exclamation

Seattle SF's - Alysha Clark , KML & Gabby Williams Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

-Lisa

Taking a PG now gives her a year or two to learn under Bird. They simply cannot delay it any longer lest they start next season with Noelle Quinn if Bird decides she's not coming back. They signed Courtney Paris and Natasha Howard to play post alongside Stewie and Crystal Langhorne. I have some hope in the Serbian Aleksandra Crvendakic being able to be a useful 3 behind Alysha Clark.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Seattle keeps passing up the chance to find a reliable backup for Sue. Do Storm fans expect her to still be playing (well) at 40? If Bird goes down, even for a short period, they have Quinn and Loyd to run PG.

Seattle knows darn well that they need a PG and that's why they took Peterson last year. I'm not guaranteeing they'll take one but they absolutely know they need one somehow.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Seattle knows darn well that they need a PG and that's why they took Peterson last year. I'm not guaranteeing they'll take one but they absolutely know they need one somehow.

Yeah i agree, the Peterson experiment was an insurance situation in case they did not find another back up by the time Bird retires. Either way Peterson is not the answer nor is Gabby being converted to this new Professional Point guard Laughing Laughing . Seems like posters struggling to give her a position but seem to want to make her a Lottery pick ? Shocked Shocked Cant even decide if shes going to play PF vs SF now throw in PG Laughing Laughing How can you expect a player to be an upgrade and not know what position she will play Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Yeah i agree, the Peterson experiment was an insurance situation in case they did not find another back up by the time Bird retires. Either way Peterson is not the answer nor is Gabby being converted to this new Professional Point guard Laughing Laughing . Seems like posters struggling to give her a position but seem to want to make her a Lottery pick ? Shocked Shocked Cant even decide if shes going to play PF vs SF now throw in PG Laughing Laughing How can you expect a player to be an upgrade and not know what position she will play Laughing Laughing

This isn;t about Stevens sorry if this continues the derail but my trade idea would be

Jefferson and #13 for #5

If Jefferson is healthy she is the perfect heir apparent to Bird, it also doesn't hurt that she played 4 years with Stewart and was originally drafted by Hughes, and #13 can still get you Gulich maybe

On the flip side Laimbeer would be a good coach for Deshields (kind of giving me Nolan as a rookie vibe) and I'm sure would settle for Vivians or G. Williams.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the 2018 Hoopgurlz rankings I see that UConn has #5, a 6'4" post and #1, a 5'11" guard coming in. I wonder if Stevens was concerned that she would again be coming off the bench.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: