RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NC Game: MSSt vs. Notre Dame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the dance?
MSSt
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Notre Dame
52%
 52%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 40

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/01/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Irish. What an amazing year.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Congratulations Notre Dame on your championship win. Vic Schaefer got a head coaching gig for helping Texas A & M win their national championship. I will like to see Carol Owens or Niele Ivey get offered a head coaching job. I know that both of these women have been on the Notre Dame bench long enough. They both have earned the right to head coach at some Division One university.

Owens and Cunningham were already head coaches. Ivey has been offered HC jobs. They are on this staff by choice.

PRballer

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
That was more of a foul on mabray lol

Should have called that foul no question

elsie

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was hoping for ND to win but that FOUL at that critical moment and not called and then to add insult to injury, calling a foul on the same team that got screwed out of the a call a second before....

not good....

tremendous shot by ND to win, but there will always be a question about that non call.....too bad....when the refs needed to be on their toes, in a critical moment, they failed....

pilight

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame's 61 points is the fewest scored by any winning team in the tournament

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jess Shephard is a baller!

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
I was hoping for ND to win but that FOUL at that critical moment and not called and then to add insult to injury, calling a foul on the same team that got screwed out of the a call a second before....

not good....

tremendous shot by ND to win, but there will always be a question about that non call.....too bad....when the refs needed to be on their toes, in a critical moment, they failed....

There won't ever be any "questions" except those that are whined about every year by bitter fans who don't like the team that won.

Miss St had a 13 pt halftime lead. At the end of 3Q the game was tied. Try real hard to concoct a lame excuse for that epic collapse.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

If McCowan, or Mercedes Russel for that matter, had 25% of the interior footwork and passing ability of Shepard, they'd be superstars.

Shepard 8/10 for 19 pts. McCowen 7/19 for 18 pts. Who woulda guessed those scoring lines?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watching the MSST part of the press conference.

Impressed with Vic. Nice words about ND.

But the thing that has really stood out to me is that when the players got up to go to the locker room, he stood up. Are all male coaches that gentlemanly?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
elsie

PostPosted: 04/01/18 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wanted ND to win, or didn't you read that?....still, that was definitely a foul and it not being called and instead of MSU shooting fouls, ND got the ball....

it is what it is....stop believing otherwise....

ND had a hard path and they kept going....good on them....congratulations....

but it was a foul....it was not called....

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/01/18 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...and MsSt wouldn't even have been in the game had the foul by McGowan against Hines Allen been called at the end of regulation in the previous game. Like I said before, you can always find what ifs. Why bother? My coaches always said that it was up to us to make sure that the refs didn't decide the game, and I still believe that. MsST had lots of ways to win this game, among them making FTs, and they didn't do any of them, so the call or lack thereof at the end of the game was what it was. Yeah, I complain about the refs too and hate it when EOG situations come down to a ref's call, but the truth is that it's always the case that the loser could have done something earlier to make that bad call irrelevant.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/01/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arike is my favorite player in the class of 19. She has tons of "It" factor. Two game winning shots one in the semis one in the finals "legendary"!

(Goes without saying I would love to see her in a Liberty uni next summer.)

sigur3

PostPosted: 04/01/18 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Just watching the MSST part of the press conference.

Impressed with Vic. Nice words about ND.

But the thing that has really stood out to me is that when the players got up to go to the locker room, he stood up. Are all male coaches that gentlemanly?

I can't think of many who are... he's a good guy.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/02/18 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:

not good....

Well, MSU actually wanted that second foul called (they probably wanted the first "foul" called more). If it hadn't been called, ND would have had an easy layup.

Don't just remember the foul. Remember the game situation.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/02/18 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just wanted to post great game MSU. It was a hard fought Irish win that came down to the wire.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/02/18 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Biggest possible choke for the officials. One swallows their whistle and another makes a call for the Irish.

Was that really a call "for the Irish?" If the other one also swallowed his whistle, then ND would have had an easy layup. That was a foul that MSU wanted.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/02/18 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Achonwa and the other alums celebrating.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/02/18 2:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Congratulations Notre Dame on your championship win. Vic Schaefer got a head coaching gig for helping Texas A & M win their national championship. I will like to see Carol Owens or Niele Ivey get offered a head coaching job. I know that both of these women have been on the Notre Dame bench long enough. They both have earned the right to head coach at some Division One university.

Owens and Cunningham were already head coaches. Ivey has been offered HC jobs. They are on this staff by choice.

If an Athletic Director offers enough money it is impossible to say no. But, if they would rather be a sidekick than the HNIC then go right ahead and do your thing. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:
Biggest possible choke for the officials. One swallows their whistle and another makes a call for the Irish.

Was that really a call "for the Irish?" If the other one also swallowed his whistle, then ND would have had an easy layup. That was a foul that MSU wanted.

I think the foul MS wanted was the foul on the Mabrey tackle...That decided the game

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait, are people here actually bitching the fifth McCowan foul? The one that prevented a breakaway lay-up? That seemed like a good call to me, and I feel for McCowan being presented with, essentially, Sophie's choice- do you foul out to allow OT, knowing that your team needs you to have a chance to win in OT, or do you not foul and allow the potential game-winning basket?

Now, if you want to argue that Vivians was trying to foul Ogunbowale before she got the shot off, I'm there with you.

(now with spelling variations)
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure that MSST really wanted that foul by TM. Fouling at that time gave ND 3 seconds on the clock.

Would MSST have had more time if she had let the play go on? How long to throw the ball and score the lay-up? Even if there had only been .5 left, they would have taken their TO, got the ball at the hash mark and still had TM on the floor.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

If an Athletic Director offers enough money it is impossible to say no. But, if they would rather be a sidekick than the HNIC then go right ahead and do your thing. Laughing

Chris Daly has been Geno's assistant for, what is it, 32 years? She's certainly had plenty of opportunities to get her own team. Sometimes people like their current job situation, co-workers, environment, security, etc.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If McCowan, or Mercedes Russel for that matter, had 25% of the interior footwork and passing ability of Shepard, they'd be superstars.

Shepard 8/10 for 19 pts. McCowen 7/19 for 18 pts. Who woulda guessed those scoring lines?

Agreed Totally. McCowan mixed with Shephard makes the perfect prospect.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my 2 cents

good decision for TM to foul

bad non-call on Mabrey-- any other time of the game it would have been called

a foul's a foul

but hey-- hard to argue with that shot by Arike wow

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/02/18 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Chris Daly has been Geno's assistant for, what is it, 32 years? She's certainly had plenty of opportunities to get her own team. Sometimes people like their current job situation, co-workers, environment, security, etc.

When you get a quality program that appreciates their staff, it gives those coaches the ability to wait for just the right job (in their opinion) to open. McGuff and Tsipis found positiions they liked, just like on Geno's staff Elliott and Cardoza did.

I'd like to see Ivey and in particular Owens get head coaching jobs they want, if they want, but they are certainly in a good spot, that's for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: