RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Final Four Notre Dame vs UConn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/31/18 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azura is tall and talented but she's also a bit prone to make the wrong decision at a crucial time. I think he just went with those he's more comfortable with.

I will miss seeing both Gabby and Kia and think the team/fans will perhaps miss them more than they might think now. They're both just really solid players; both good defenders; and Gabby is a great facililtator on offense while Kia has knocked down some big threes in her career. It's always kinda sad to see the seniors go...from whatever team, but at least these will have a good chance to play at the next level. I wish them well.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 03/31/18 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amazing how close to tying the game UConn was in that final 1 second. At least it looked like Samuelson's show got off before the buzzer. Shepard unintentionally tipped it right to Samuelson. Had Shepard been one foot different either way, she would have either missed it and it would have gone out of bounds or batted it down. It was one of the few ways that you could get a shot off from inside 15 feet on the other end of the court with 1 second left.

https://twitter.com/TitanicHoops/status/979935833473024001

Jackie Young got in position to try and rebound Obunbawale's winning shot if it missed and Crystal Dangerfield got up against her to jockey for position, and Dangerfield won, pushing Young behind the basket.

Last edited by tfan on 03/31/18 3:33 am; edited 5 times in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/31/18 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to Notre Dame.

Congratulations to Muffet on a well coached game.

Geno, you need to dip your head in a bucket of shit.

Last edited by RavenDog on 03/31/18 7:00 am; edited 4 times in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/31/18 4:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's going to be a long day today, but it was totally worth it.

What great games last night.

I hope that Beth (I saw her scouting last night, so I'm assuming it will be her scout) comes up with a way to contain TM. She scares me. I kept thinking during that game that if I was ND, I might rather play L'ville.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
toad455

PostPosted: 03/31/18 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The X factor for Sunday is McCowan. If she gets 20/20 again, that might decide it.

In regards to UConn, I think the shift to a weaker conference has hurt them. They steamrolled everyone in the regular season and then when they have their backs up against the wall, they lose. Team just in accustomed to being in a losing situation.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 03/31/18 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite Connecticut having their flaws,the ND players and coaching staff deserves all the credit in the world.Muffet has created an elite level program,and is without a doubt one of the top 5 or 6 coaches in College basketball.Kudos to Jackie Young.Arike Ogunbowale,Jessica Shepard,and the rest of the ND basketball team.

Last edited by zune69 on 03/31/18 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In an OT game won by 2 on an 18' shot w/ 1 second left by a shooter who was 8-20 before shooting, whose team, which had choked away a nearly insurmountable lead in the final 30 seconds of regulation, then survives a hurried but very close shot attempt to tie the game at the buzzer, neither coach nor team can be lauded for outcoaching or outplaying the other, imo.

ND won. Survive and advance.

All the rest of the conclusions are bs, imo. Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/31/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

(now with spelling variations)
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 03/31/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"UConn is a great team but we are better" Shocked
SDHoops can u guess who said this post game quote Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

That’s Mabrey!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

That’s Mabrey!

Is she wrong? Geno has made these types of statements all his career. Is she suppose to say there better? Confidence is what got them the win and what seperates ND from the rest of WCBB when it comes to facing UCONN.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I like most of the players on UConn team, the one whose attitude kinda sticks is KLS. Aside from the flopping, she has this arrogant, entitled 'we win because we are UConn' attitude. So for her especially, it's good to lose. JMO.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's amazing the motivations and thoughts and attitudes that people apply to a bunch of young women they don't know and have never met.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/31/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
zune69 wrote:
The reason why Uconn has somewhat come back to the pack is that they no longer have the undisputed best player in the country(Moore,Stewart,Taurasi,Charles,Lobo)...Gabby,Samuelson,Collier,and Stevens are very good offensive players.But they all lack the ability to individually take over a basketball due to limitations in their games.

Is there an undisputed best player in the country anymore?

A'ja Wilson received 22 of 32 votes for the Player of the Year. The next closest player received 5 votes. That's pretty darn undisputed.....

A'ja definitely was. She just didn't have the TEAM around her that either ND or UConn or Miss State or Louisville had. That's the difference.TEAM.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been out and about today. I've had conversations with probably 50 people. I'd say that 45 of them talked to me about the game (I was wearing a Notre Dame jacket and some of the people knew that I was a Notre Dame women's bball fan before today).

It was amazing how many of them said that they stayed up and watched the game. At least half of them watched all or part of it. I'd say that at least 10 knew enough to talk about specific players and plays. None of the people that I talked to live in South Bend, but I'd guess that most are in the South Bend TV/media market. A fair number of the people that I talked to are senior, senior citizens!

Anybody else wonder what DB's facial expression was last night? Similar to last year's? Very Happy

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

That’s Mabrey!

Is she wrong? Geno has made these types of statements all his career. Is she suppose to say there better? Confidence is what got them the win and what seperates ND from the rest of WCBB when it comes to facing UCONN.

I love this shit. It's as if MS ST doesn't exist.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

Irish versus Bulldogs

Last edited by RavenDog on 03/31/18 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ciel

PostPosted: 03/31/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reaction at the broadcast table in the final seconds of OT Reply Reply with quote

ESPN Senior Publicist, Anna Negron on Twitter: a look at the reaction from @RebeccaLobo, @karalawson20 and @adamamin at the broadcast table in the final seconds of the UConn-Notre Dame game…

https://twitter.com/ItsAnnaNegron/status/980129373448699904

--
ciel

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/31/18 4:24 pm    ::: Re: Reaction at the broadcast table in the final seconds of Reply Reply with quote

ciel wrote:
ESPN Senior Publicist, Anna Negron on Twitter: a look at the reaction from @RebeccaLobo, @karalawson20 and @adamamin at the broadcast table in the final seconds of the UConn-Notre Dame game…

--
ciel

Thank you ciel and thank you Anna!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/31/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
It is not my responsibility to police other's comments. It is my responsibility to comport myself with as much dignity as possible which I have done tonight, showing Notre Dame the respect it deserves as the better team. Do your team right, C.

Wait, if it's not your responsibility to police other's comments, then why did you police mine?

So basically, you are saying that if a UConn fan says something that's bad, you shouldn't be responsible for that, but if a fan of another team does, then it's okay?

Sorry, but that doesn't fly. You are only attacking fans of other teams for bad behavior? Before you can do that, you should police your own, or just not attack fans of other programs for their opinions.
No, C it was directed at you not to attack you if you can not see the difference. just saying it is better to take the high road. Never intended as a rebuke but to say your team won kudos to them, leave the Boneyard out of it as they are not worth mentioning as it only obscures a great ND victory. Just go with the celebration and to hell with them. Enjoy C.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 4:39 pm    ::: Re: Reaction at the broadcast table in the final seconds of Reply Reply with quote

ciel wrote:

--
ciel

Lawson has a hell of a poker face. No emotions during those final seconds.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/31/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
It's amazing the motivations and thoughts and attitudes that people apply to a bunch of young women they don't know and have never met.

If you're talking about me, I based what I said on an interview I saw with her, and she pretty much said word for word what I said, and in a manner that could hardly be interpreted otherwise. I guess you could interpret it as confidence rather than arrogance. But I personally prefer to see kids who give credit to teammates, and who look like they mean it when they talk about opponents being tough. Maybe she just hasn't learned the art of interviews like Collier, Nurse, and Williams who I think always come across as relatively humble. And the flopping part is on display for everybody to see. I guess you could question if I would say the same thing if she had gone to Stanford instead... and I don't actually know the answer to that but would hope my response wouldn't be much different.

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/31/18 5:21 pm    ::: Re: Reaction at the broadcast table in the final seconds of Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
ciel wrote:

--
ciel

Lawson lookslike Doris Burke did last year when Itty Bitty pulled the original upset.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/31/18 5:31 pm    ::: Re: Reaction at the broadcast table in the final seconds of Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
ciel wrote:

--
ciel

Lobo mouths (or her mic was cut off) "what the" and that's all I got before her head tips forward and her mic was in front of her mouth. Smile

Lawson looked speechless, like she was looking for someone to pop out and say "April Fools".

AA looked like someone who just got the news that a loved one had died. Could anyone read Kara's lips and what she said to him when she gave him the thumbs up?

I could watch this all day!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/31/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They were thinking, 'oh shit, now we have to go re-write our whole script before the Sunday game.' Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: