RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Final Four Notre Dame vs UConn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow what a game. I usually don't watch UCon play because they always beat the other team so badly. I said I would watch the beginning and if UCon was way ahead in the 1st quarter I would turn it off. This was a good game, very competitive so I watched. I wonder what all the UCon fans are saying now. They have been all over facebook, spending lots of time telling us what Ucon was going to do to other teams and how UCon would crush them all.

Opps, that didn't happen.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
CHOP CHOP CHOP !!! DOWN GOES FRAZIER AGAINNNNNNN Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

Nevermind Rolling Eyes

Can This Reallly Happen! Shocked Im Going to have to drink to this upset! Who saw ND vs Mss State For A Ship!???

Well, that is actually in my bracket... Wink

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Why does the #1 recruit in the country Megan Walker ride the bench and not even play in this game??
Have feeling she is not long for UCONN as I would not take that kind of disrespect from Geno.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Wow what a game. I usually don't watch UCon play because they always beat the other team so badly. I said I would watch the beginning and if UCon was way ahead in the 1st quarter I would turn it off. This was a good game, very competitive so I watched. I wonder what all the UCon fans are saying now. They have been all over facebook, spending lots of time telling us what Ucon was going to do to other teams and how UCon would crush them all.

Yeah, the Boneyard predictions were that UConn would win by 20.

After all, in the first game, Gabby had a migraine and another player didn't play much. Sorry, blanking a bit. Too many Black Smiths... Wink

Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
ND better thank Daddy Shepard's lawyer for the semifinal win by getting drama diva eligible for this season. Surprised she actually lasted a whole game since she begged for subs at UNL. Muffett is the biggest snake ever for getting a waiver..congrats Miss State on your national championship on Sunday! No way they'll let these sellouts from ND win

Since I know very little about basketball, I still want to know how Nebraska went from 3-13 to 11-5 this year after losing Shephard, or did Shephard only become good enough to help her team win games this year?

Edit: We all know Notre Dame won this game because I picked Notre Dame to lose in the second round because I'm a hater. Very Happy

We all know that South Dakota State would've won that game had they not run into the Villanova buzzsaw. Cleary, Notre Dame should send the committee flowers for not sending Stanford their way too.

Laughing

I'm very impressed by the quality of the games tonight, and both games were intense. It's very clear that these four teams were just above everyone else this season.

Oh piss, your little USD team can't even win in the Summit League tourney so quiet. As per Huskers, it makes a difference when you get rid of a diva like Shepard. They were glad to get rid of her! I'll give Muffett this much, she actually got the lazy beast playing some what hard

This is just downright insulting. Really? Who are you to comment on why Shephard left Nebraska and went to Notre Dame? Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the coach that recruited Shephard left and after sticking it out for a season, she decided to leave. Heck, I don't think that you have any right to use the derogatory language towards a heck of a player who played hard for the Cornhuskers and the circumstances around her departure are not entirely public.

As for South Dakota, the 'Yotes had a heck of a season, and just because you're bitter and on some high horse doesn't give you a right to rain on everyone else's parade.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I never imagined ND could score 90 points on UConn.

Yeah because it's not like ND is really good on offense or anything. They scored more points in the first 3 games of the Tournament of any of the Elite Eight teams, after all. OT also helps.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

After all, in the first game, Gabby had a migraine and another player didn't play much. Sorry, blanking a bit. Too many Black Smiths... Wink

You know C, you should take a page from Arti and learn to win or lose with dignity for when you mentions the morons at the Boneyard it is like the old saying "Never wrestle with pigs, you get dirty and pigs like it."

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations Notre Dame on your win tonight. It was great to watch a player from Milwaukee have a great game. Too bad Marquette and the UW can't do a better job of recruiting to keep these great basketball players to play in their home state of Wisconsin.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

You know C, you should take a page from Arti and learn to win or lose with dignity for when you mentions the morons at the Boneyard it is like the old saying "Never wrestle with pigs, you get dirty and pigs like it."

Yeah, I've seen so much of that from UConn over the years.

Some of the Boneyard comments?

"ND has never beaten UConn! UConn just lost!"
There's all the "ND only wins if the refs are against us!"
"ND only wins due to flopping!"

CTH once told me that ND would never win a 2nd NC. I said, "Never means never ever. That's a long time. Do you mean that?" He said, "Yeah, okay. Never."

Now I've been very good friends with many UConn fans and for those fans I'll say, " Hey great game! Your team played really hard and they're really talented."

However, here is a counter to your comment. When UConn beat ND, where were you? Were you telling your own to knock it off attacking ND? Or do you only chastise fans of other teams? Were you telling Glenn that he shouldn't keep talking about how ND players are "chunky and slow?" Isn't that also a part of winning with dignity?

As for losing with dignity, I have tried, as best I could to post congratulatory messages to teams that beat ND, so I don't know what you mean on that front.

Last edited by CBiebel on 03/31/18 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reason why Uconn has somewhat come back to the pack is that they no longer have the undisputed best player in the country(Moore,Stewart,Taurasi,Charles,Lobo)...Gabby,Samuelson,Collier,and Stevens are very good offensive players.But they all lack the ability to individually take over a basketball due to limitations in their games.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a shot by Arike.

What a gm by ND & UConn that went down to tbe last sec.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The reason why Uconn has somewhat come back to the pack is that they no longer have the undisputed best player in the country(Moore,Stewart,Taurasi,Charles,Lobo)...Gabby,Samuelson,Collier,and Stevens are very good offensive players.But they all lack the ability to individually take over a basketball due to limitations in their games.

Is there an undisputed best player in the country anymore?

Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
zune69 wrote:

A'ja Wilson received 22 of 32 votes for the Player of the Year. The next closest player received 5 votes. That's pretty darn undisputed.....

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

CTH once told me that ND would never win a 2nd NC. I said, "Never means never ever. That's a long time. Do you mean that?" He said, "Yeah, okay. Never.

Amen. 16 years later and ND is still w/ only 1. They haven't won #2 yet, and even if they do Sunday, I can live w/ 1 ND NC every 17 years.

Btw folks, CB once told me that ND was a program that paralleled UConn. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Maybe not,but who on this Uconn team can take over a basketball game offensively on command ?

Edit:A'ja Wilson

Last edited by zune69 on 03/31/18 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

It is not my responsibility to police other people's comments. It is my responsibility to comport myself with as much dignity as possible and I believe in previous posts, especially regarding showing my respect for ND including tonight, I have done that.

Yeah, I've seen so much of that from UConn over the years.

Some of the Boneyard comments?

"ND has never beaten UConn! UConn just lost!"
There's all the "ND only wins if the refs are against us!"
"ND only wins due to flopping!"

CTH once told me that ND would never win a 2nd NC. I said, "Never means never ever. That's a long time. Do you mean that?" He said, "Yeah, okay. Never."

Now I've been very good friends with many UConn fans and for those fans I'll say, " Hey great game! Your team played really hard and they're really talented."

However, here is a counter to your comment. When UConn beat ND, where were you? Were you telling your own to knock it off attacking ND? Or do you only chastise fans of other teams? Were you telling Glenn that he shouldn't keep talking about how ND players are "chunky and slow?" Isn't that also a part of winning with dignity?

As for losing with dignity, I have tried, as best I could to post congratulatory messages to teams that beat ND, so I don't know what you mean on that front.
It is not my responsibility to police other's comments. It is my responsibility to comport myself with as much dignity as possible which I have done tonight, showing Notre Dame the respect it deserves as the better team. Do your team right, C.

Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 03/31/18 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Maybe not,but who on this Uconn team can take over a basketball game offensively on command ?

Thankfully Christyn Williams will aboard next season.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thinking about this, how is pointing out really bad predictions by the opposition's fans "not winning with dignity?"

I wasn't saying that ND kicked UConn's ass. I wasn't saying anything about their own team. I was pointing out that many of their FANS made very bad predictions. And it wasn't like these fans were suggesting that UConn would just beat ND (I wouldn't have an argument there. They are UConn fans after all). No, it was that they were predicting blowouts. Against a team that they beat by 9 at home!

If you beat a team by 9 at home and then predict a huge blowout at a neutral site, you deserve ridicule if it ends up going into OT. That's the way sports comment boards work.

Brinx

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mabrey is a deceptively good passer. She often looks slow and uncomfortable bringing the ball up, but man, she sure does make a handful of sweet passes every game.

Kudos to the Irish!!

Are people going to stop talking about UConn being bad for wbb now?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I agree with this. They don't have a transcendant player to take over games. And, while WCBB is about as top heavy as ever, there are these days at least a handful of teams with elite talent capable of winning.

(BTW, I remain of the view that Collier is the best overall player on the team.)

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Won't make a damn bit of difference as Crystal, deer in the headlights, Dangerfield will be at the point, no perimeter defenders, no floor leadership. Maybe in a couple of years if they get a new pg and find a player with the chutzpah to get up in another player's grill. They say Williams has that quality but she is just a freshman and would not have made a difference tonight. Again a couple of years. Do you see Walker staying - I don't.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Btw folks, CB once told me that ND was a program that paralleled UConn. Laughing

Yes. Listen to the announcers. ND and UConn are great passing teams. ND and UConn are the top 2 teams in the nation. ND and UConn are tops in assists...

Sounds very similar. It took longer to get there that I thought it would but, IMO, it did happen.

For the record, when I said that UConn had 2, working on 3 NCs. And UConn didn't have a "further along UConn" to deal with.

Take UConn from 2013-14 and transport them back to 2000. Take each successive team for the next five years and have the past UConn team play them. How many NCs would UConn have from 2000-05? Probably as many as ND did against those teams.

Last edited by CBiebel on 03/31/18 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Yes...a player who can create offense for the team,and get buckets when called upon.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
It is not my responsibility to police other's comments. It is my responsibility to comport myself with as much dignity as possible which I have done tonight, showing Notre Dame the respect it deserves as the better team. Do your team right, C.

Wait, if it's not your responsibility to police other's comments, then why did you police mine?

So basically, you are saying that if a UConn fan says something that's bad, you shouldn't be responsible for that, but if a fan of another team does, then it's okay?

Sorry, but that doesn't fly. You are only attacking fans of other teams for bad behavior? Before you can do that, you should police your own, or just not attack fans of other programs for their opinions.

Last edited by CBiebel on 03/31/18 3:04 am; edited 3 times in total
CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/31/18 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just want to suggest a possible answer to the "Why didn't Geno play Azura Stevens more?" question here.

Maybe she's not fully conditioned? This isn't an attack on her. This is a possible reason. She averaged 20 mpg over the season. She's 6'6". Why wouldn't you play here more?

Maybe he was saving her. It's kind of like how ND would often have poor first halves later this year because they were saving the players from foul trouble. McGraw would often make sure that Shepard got plenty of rest periods during games. Granted Shepard ended up playing most of this game, but that isn't usual.

It's possible that Auriemma was thinking that if he played Stevens too much early, then she'd either be in foul trouble or tired during crunch time.

As it was his decision did end up with the game in OT and it coming down to a last second shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: