RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2 Oregon vs 1 Notre Dame 3/26 9 PM ET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Oregon
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Notre Dame
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/29/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

MM seems to be tough enough, except when there is the possibility of contact in the above kind of situation. Suddenly, she becomes the daintiest of flowers in need of a fainting couch.

I don't think she grabbed, imo. She tried to get a foul called on SI and in doing so flopped, and in doing so was clocked a little bit by Young.

No harm, no foul, as they say.

I don't think it was a flop. I think the angle of her arm combined with how Ionescu was in contact with it could easily force that kind of spin. Was she trying to draw a foul? Most likely. Was it a "flop?" Nope. There can actually be a difference between those two.

As they say, though, there's 3 sides to every story.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/29/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

MM seems to be tough enough, except when there is the possibility of contact in the above kind of situation. Suddenly, she becomes the daintiest of flowers in need of a fainting couch.

I don't think she grabbed, imo. She tried to get a foul called on SI and in doing so flopped, and in doing so was clocked a little bit by Young.

I don't think it was a flop. I think the angle of her arm combined with how Ionescu was in contact with it could easily force that kind of spin. Was she trying to draw a foul? Most likely. Was it a "flop?" Nope.

Have you ever, even in the privacy of your own home, watching alone, acknowledged that Mabrey, or for that matter, any ND player, has flopped? Wink

PostPosted: 03/29/18 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I don't think it was a flop. I think the angle of her arm combined with how Ionescu was in contact with it could easily force that kind of spin. Was she trying to draw a foul? Most likely. Was it a "flop?" Nope.

Have you ever, even in the privacy of your own home, watching alone, acknowledged that Mabrey, or for that matter, any ND player, has flopped? Wink

Have you ever, even in the privacy of your own home, watching alone, acknowledged either that a Notre Dame player was actually fouled and wasn't flopping, or that Samuelson is the single biggest flopper in all of WCBB in 2018? Wink

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/29/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Have you ever, even in the privacy of your own home, watching alone, acknowledged either that a Notre Dame player was actually fouled and wasn't flopping, or that Samuelson is the single biggest flopper in all of WCBB in 2018? Wink

Should i be ashamed to say ive been through both of these traumatic experiences! Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/29/18 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

False equivalence. Neither you nor CB have EVER acknowledged a ND flop in all the years I've read you two on forums.

Boners in green. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/30/18 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Just think, if ND and Louisville were in the PAC, Oregon would have finished third.
Wishful thinking, like all your 'theories', but not provable. Laughing

ArtBest23 wrote:
BTW, I was waiting for your last post of the season addressing again what a brilliant coach Aston is. I must have missed it.
You miss quite a bit, while the day is long, Arty Farty. Just as you continue to miss Aston's overall brilliance. But you probably can't help it....mayhaps a disability of some sort. Razz

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Howee wrote:
But Ruthy was the second leading scorer on a team that won their P5 conference outright. Jess, no.

I'd think any wnba coach would agree: Jess is seeing her best NOW, Ruthy has a huge upside for the next 10 years.

Howee, maybe Ruthy is better than Shep, but the argument you present doesn't make much sense. Yes, Oregon won their P5 conference, but that's perhaps because there was no 1-seed in the conference. Oregon was 0-3 against 1-seeds this season (lost to Miss. St, Louisville and ND). ND was also 0-3 (UConn, Louisville twice), but 2 of those losses were in conference, which is why Notre Dame lost their conference tournament didn't win their regular season tournament outright. Of course they were regular season co-champs of the ACC and won both their games against PAC12 foes (Oregon St. and Oregon), and both games were on the left coast. Notre Dame also had the toughest schedule and only had those losses to fellow 1-seeds, whereas Oregon lost 2 games to teams that were not 1-seeds.

Well, FIRST OF ALL, it might serve the entire conversation better if One didn't presume that the outcome of One Game was the final determinant of "quality". If we want to continue in the Hypothetical Vein, maybe we could see Oregon beating ND in the next 3 straight games they played. ND didn't look so invincible when L'ville beat the snot outta them. They didn't even look that unbeatable vs. Oregon.

I'll reiterate my point simply again: I believe Ruthy is--CURRENTLY AND AS A PRO PROSPECT--a better player than Jess Shepard. Forget the conference positions: I can't imagine a WNBA coach that would disagree after evaluating each player. But....it's all moot for now. Only time will reveal the reality.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Yes.

And there is a lesson for you.

I can't help but notice that you failed to include the last line in my post. Could there be a reason for that? Maybe because it kills the point of your post?

You try to act like someone who is "oh so wise", but the fact that you left that last line out shows that no, you're just someone who attacks others, without wondering if he himself is being wise.

Here, I'll put it back in. Do you understand what it means?

As they say, though, there's 3 sides to every story.

Last edited by CBiebel on 03/30/18 1:08 am; edited 3 times in total
CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/30/18 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

I think the main reason Muffet plays zone is because, with the exception of Jackie Young, the top seven players on average are chunky and slow.

Every other player is "chunky and slow?" CHUNKY?

Really?

Look at the pictures here:

http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032918aaa.html

https://www.flickr.com/photos/75724787@N07/13605506834

How exactly do they look "chunky?" Considering that the uniforms tend to be rather "baggy" how could you tell?

This is the type of talk that pushes girls to eating disorders.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/30/18 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I also can't help but notice that you completely ignored my analysis of the video.

Your argument was basically "Ugg! You are a ND fan! Ugg! You are biased! Ugg! Me think you are wrong! Ugg!"

Did you think that her arm wasn't angled in a way that would spin her? Note that the announcers never suggested that wasn't the case.

Of course, in your response you completely ignore everything that I said that you didn't highlight. Why? Did I make too much sense? Did it kill your dig on me?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/30/18 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Yes.

Ok, next question. When was the last time you acknowledged a ND flop on a WCB forum not affiliated w/ ND? Will the next time be the 1st?

Because in all honesty, you (or Art) have never admitted even one, as far as I can recall, in ~20 years.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Just think, if ND and Louisville were in the PAC, Oregon would have finished third.
Wishful thinking, like all your 'theories', but not provable.

Actually, the respective records of the ACC and PAC and of those three teams proves it beyond cavil.

Which you'd know if you actually paid attention.

And you'd also know that Aston gets less quality play out of more talent than basically any coach in the country. It's just a hot uncoached undisciplined mess. She's horrible.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 03/31/18 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/30/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Yes.

Ok, next question. When was the last time you acknowledged a ND flop on a WCB forum not affiliated w/ ND? Will the next time be the 1st?

Because in all honesty, you (or Art) have never admitted even one, as far as I can recall, in ~20 years.

And you still ignored my last line above.

Do you understand what "There are 3 sides to every story" means? Did you notice that it's THREE and not TWO?

Why is this so important to you? You never give, you just want to keep taking. Have you shown much in the way of respect the other way? No.

I've come to the realization that you really aren't any different from those die hard Boneyarders you despise. You just put a counter "hipster twist" on it.

Instead of taking the "UConn is the greatest! You can't beat UConn" road, though, you take the "I'm going to criticize this program and mention flaws I see! If no one at other programs likes doing that then they aren't equal to me, the mighty UConn fan! HAHAHA!"

It's the same kind of arrogance. It's just done in a different manner. You posts aren't about honest discussions between fans of different teams. You're just about trying to act superior to everyone else.

I'm done with that.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/03/18 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

You do realize that a good part of ND's defensive struggles come from having just 7 scholarship players, right? That's what keeps ND in zones so much this year.

I think the main reason Muffet plays zone is because, with the exception of Jackie Young, the top seven players on average are chunky and slow.

Wholly apart from that, Muffet has a long history of playing zone. I recall Geno saying one of the reasons he lost to ND in 2001 is that he couldn't solve Muffet's zone.

This and I saw it up front and center and in person it is worse. I think I found out why they are having injury problems. Maybe a new conditioning coach is a must.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: