RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

4 Texas A&M vs 1 Notre Dame 3/24 4 PM ET
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Texas A&M
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Notre Dame
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Message
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3131
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 3:06 am    ::: 4 Texas A&M vs 1 Notre Dame 3/24 4 PM ET Reply Reply with quote

Third Round - Spokane Region




Last edited by calbearman76 on 03/24/18 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hoops9092



Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1398



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love to see this upset, but I think Notre Dame has too many weapons for A&M's 1 weapon.

Notre Dame by 12-15'ish.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3131
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really think DePaul would have been a tougher matchup for the Irish. Notre Dame hasn't been tested yet and I believe their lack of depth could catch up with them, but I think they can hold down Carter and the Aggies.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4887
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for ND, but I'd really love to see the Silver Fox bring his Aggies through....



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 588



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/22/18 3:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone sleepin' on the MUFF!

Only Louisville and UConn have taken advantage of her injuries. They will probably make it out of Spokane.


Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 394
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/22/18 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure Muffet's still sore from 2011 and has an axe to grind here.

ND by 10+


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3646



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/22/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

None of this season's injured would have started. the losses were to bench depth. The Irish have way too much offense for TAMU. The question for ND will come 48 hours later if Oregon can get by C Mich. That's when a lack of depth can become a factor.


CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 663
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/18 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
None of this season's injured would have started. the losses were to bench depth. The Irish have way too much offense for TAMU. The question for ND will come 48 hours later if Oregon can get by C Mich. That's when a lack of depth can become a factor.


Briana Turner wouldn't have started? (Maybe you meant the injuries that happened during this season?)

Lili Thompson started 6 games.

Actually, part of the problem with ND being down to 7 is that the two bench players are both front court players. IMO, given the choice between having 2 guards as the two bench players compared to two forwards, I'd go with the guards (although ideally if you have to be in this situation, I'd go with one of each).

And one of those is a freshman who's not quite ready for this much playing time (as the saying goes, "The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores."). She's very athletic and will be great in time, but she hasn't quite adjusted to the college game yet. The other freshman, Vaughn, was more ready for the step up to college.

All that being said, I do agree that ND should have too much offense for TA&M, and that the ND-OU game should be interesting. Funny thing is that ND played the other Oregon school during the season.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3646



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/18 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:
None of this season's injured would have started. the losses were to bench depth. The Irish have way too much offense for TAMU. The question for ND will come 48 hours later if Oregon can get by C Mich. That's when a lack of depth can become a factor.


Briana Turner wouldn't have started? (Maybe you meant the injuries that happened during this season?)

Lili Thompson started 6 games.

Actually, part of the problem with ND being down to 7 is that the two bench players are both front court players. IMO, given the choice between having 2 guards as the two bench players compared to two forwards, I'd go with the guards (although ideally if you have to be in this situation, I'd go with one of each).

And one of those is a freshman who's not quite ready for this much playing time (as the saying goes, "The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores."). She's very athletic and will be great in time, but she hasn't quite adjusted to the college game yet. The other freshman, Vaughn, was more ready for the step up to college.

All that being said, I do agree that ND should have too much offense for TA&M, and that the ND-OU game should be interesting. Funny thing is that ND played the other Oregon school during the season.


I said THIS year's injuries. Turner blew her ACL last season and there was little doubt other than officially that she wouldn't play this year. And in any case the NCAA provided an adequate replacement. As far as the lack of back court players I'd say that playing 3 guards has historically been McGraw's style but that they could have gone to a 2 guard lineup and rotated the three guards. It was McGraw's decision to play all three.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1369



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/18 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m going with Texas A&M, I think there style of play will wear down the short headed Irish.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5102
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chennedy Assassination Carter vs. illegal Shepard. The battle will be won by the bad D-PPP defense that is least bad today.
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2148



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good one good one


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4972



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sure hope that Dave learns how to pronounce Arike's name before too long.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3719
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Sure hope that Dave learns how to pronounce Arike's name before too long.


He should just call her by her number like Muffet does Laughing


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4972



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Give me a break! That was either a tip by A&M or a foul on A&M.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4972



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Sure hope that Dave learns how to pronounce Arike's name before too long.


He should just call her by her number like Muffet does Laughing



How often does Muffet call players by their number?



_________________
neverthless she persisted
blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3719
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter 2021 first pick? i see her coming out for the 2020 draft though.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4972



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great pass!!!!!



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4972



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bull Shit!!



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4972



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's not Westbeld.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4972



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No foul????????

Shocked



_________________
neverthless she persisted
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3646



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boy, I'd like to see that no-call again. Looked like Carter fell on contact.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3603



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Boy, I'd like to see that no-call again. Looked like Carter fell on contact.

That was the only call you had a problem with?


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6854



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per HoopGurlz, Chennedy Carter was the #6 rated recruit out of high school.


#1 Megan Walker - Connecticut
#2 Evina Westbrook - Tennessee
#3 Rellah Booth - Texas
#4 Chasity Patterson - Texas
#5 Sidney Cooks - Michigan State




Last edited by tfan on 03/24/18 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3646



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/18 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
linkster wrote:
Boy, I'd like to see that no-call again. Looked like Carter fell on contact.

That was the only call you had a problem with?


I was busy and just sat down to watch. But I can guess that refs are screwing the Irish, right? Very Happy


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin