RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trump considering more cable news personalities for admin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 03/16/18 12:07 pm    ::: Trump considering more cable news personalities for admin. Reply Reply with quote

The Daily 202: Trump may hire multiple cable news personalities as part of shake-up

Quote:
Trump has decided to remove H.R. McMaster as his national security adviser and is actively discussing Fox News contributor John Bolton as a potential successor.

Quote:
A leading contender to replace Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin is Pete Hegseth, the co-host of “Fox and Friends Weekend.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/16/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kinda hoped we’d seen the last of John Bolton in a position of power. His taking the job of national security advisor would be a grave development. That Trump would push out McMaster who views war as a last resort for someone who wants all war all the time makes you wonder if Trump wants a team that will allow him to bomb the hell out of NK instead of Trump having to go face to face with Kim.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/16/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The architects behind the war in Iraq continue to suffer no real consequences.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 03/16/18 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump seems to hire people mostly based on what he has seen on their TV experience. Extra points if he or she is photogenic and good-looking. John Bolton and Sara Huckabee might be the exception. Wink

Maybe I’m old-fashioned, but I grew up believing that if you are looking for a job, your resume and your interview played the determining factor whether or not you would get the job. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/16/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Maybe I’m old-fashioned, but I grew up believing that if you are looking for a job, your resume and your interview played the determining factor whether or not you would get the job. Rolling Eyes

Who you know has always been more important than what you know in that regard

PostPosted: 03/23/18 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nice piece of writing.

joe scarborough wrote:
Bolton’s elevation to the position of national security adviser is a fitting coda for a movement whose adherents spent decades throwing themselves on an endless array of ideological barricades while vilifying opponents whose responses to Soviet Russia or Islamic fundamentalism were deemed insufficiently harsh . . . Trump’s third national security advisor in 14 months has called for the preemptive bombing of both North Korea and Iran, while defending his role in the worst U.S. foreign policy disaster since Vietnam.

——

In the forward to the seventh edition of “The Conservative Mind,” Kirk predicted with precision the rise of political players like Bolton and Trump and foresaw a time when America would “fall into the hands of merciless ideologues or squalid oligarchs.” He also repeated Swedish philosopher Tage Lindbom’s warning of the bleak harvest coming from a “secularized generation for which material existence is everything and spiritual life is nothing.”

This was the predictable outcome of my Republican Party aligning its interests with the most cynical political operators of our time. The Atwaters, Manaforts, Gingriches and Roves leveraged a weaponized media culture that reduced politics to a secularized religion and consolidated political power and material wealth in the hands of its richest donors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/03/23/john-boltons-appointment-is-a-fitting-coda-to-conservatisms-failures

PostPosted: 03/23/18 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I’ve been watching that show for ten years so i’m very familiar with Scarborough’s talents and the quality of his insights. I thought he might run this last time but maybe Donald Trump entering the race and having early success made him think twice. Even Mika sort of hinted and we now know how close they really are and were. If he doesn't run in 2020 it's hard to take anything he says seriously. He'd make a very strong candidate. Impossible to defeat in a debate. His politics are, at this point, right down the fucking middle. So much so it's depressing. I don't know. After Trump maybe down the middle isn't the strongest position to run from.

Couple of thoughts. Yes, the Atwater, Newt, Rove elements, amplified and championed by Rush and Fox News, and then the rest of the radio grenade throwers, are all collectively responsible for these present dire times politically. But Joe says they've changed POLITICS, not just the Republican Party. If he meant that so specifically then I agree. Because the Democrats are also controlled by an oligarchy made up of donor/taskmasters who in some ways are as evil and selfish in their intentions and the results they achieve as these darker aspects of conservative politics.

Look at my thread on private schools. Look at pilight’s last points that segregation in public schools was met in Los Angeles by white flight into elite private schools. Immigration? The elites of California are fighting the federal government and have been going back throughout Obama’s two terms for the same reason the South fought against the federal government leading up to the Civil War: in order to hold onto their servants. You can’t take away our servants! The flow of illegal immigrants is the most essential element, besides their own money, to these most amazing lifestyles we have out here and they are the engine of California’s economic superiority.

These people don’t care if it doesn’t work that way in Ohio. Believe me, they don’t care that the American working class is being destroyed in other states by a spillover influx of hardworking, low-wage, illegal immigrants. This is all far too important to them. To hell with Americans. And Americans as opposed to whom? Don’t be xenophobic. And don’t call people illegals.

Democratic Party officials were meeting in NYC after the loss of the White House to discuss abandoning any pretext that they represent the American working class. The elites of California are demanding that.

The rest of the country can’t see the world these people have created for themselves out here. But it’s a world where no blacks are wanted in their schools, see the private school thread. Where no blacks are wanted in their neighborhoods, do a search here for the phrase homeowners associations or cabals. Where no blacks are wanted working in their homes, see any number of my posts on immigration in California. These are your Democrats, folks. I would say you own them but... it's the other way around.

We want to believe there’s good and bad. America is proving that there is no good. Yeah, it would be better right now to have a carefully measured foreign policy managed by a fully staffed State Dept. than to be facing the world with Donald Trump and John Bolton’s itchy fingers on the buttons. But with the Democratic Party it’s neo-slavery in California and a two-tiered American society. There simply is no good left.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: