RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

12 Florida Gulf Coast @ 5 Missouri 3/17 3:30 PM ET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
FGCU
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Missouri
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/14/18 10:42 pm    ::: 12 Florida Gulf Coast @ 5 Missouri 3/17 3:30 PM ET Reply Reply with quote

First Round - Lexington Region

Stanford, Ca

Last edited by calbearman76 on 03/17/18 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkster

PostPosted: 03/17/18 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FGC 41 Missouri 32 at the half

If FGC could shoot ft's (6-14) they'd be up 15.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody wants to step into China Dow's way.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PRballer

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophie Cunningham continues to prove she’s a dirty player

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Sophie Cunningham continues to prove she’s a dirty player

I see her being as succesful in the W as Patricia Liston her stank actions will not work in the w.

PRballer

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s kind of funny to watch all the Missouri players just foul out.

FGCU playing a smarter game today.

CompSci87

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

Foul-outs even at 2-2 now. But you're still right.

PRballer

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Foul-outs even at 2-2 now. But you're still right.

Yep fouls are even but FGCU players stayed in the game, continued to score by attacking the basket against extended pressure and held on to the ball. Turnovers were a big story.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missouri's dirty play, led by Sophie C., doesn't work so well outside of the SEC where mauling is generally permitted.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nobody wants to step into China Dow's way.

or be landed on by her...

- Amanda Gorman
Matt5762

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see a first round where FGCU didn't choke for once.

Will be interesting to see how they fare against Gonzaga Twisted Evil

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
Nice to see a first round where FGCU didn't choke for once.

Will be interesting to see how they fare against Gonzaga Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil
I need a tongue sticking out icon.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 03/17/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't see this upset happening.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/17/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FGCU to the S16! Laughing

PostPosted: 03/17/18 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've only watched Cunningham in 3 or 4 games and didn't see dirty as much as physical and slick, like her act late in this game where she faked contact falling on a 3 pt shot and then had justice visited on her when she twisted her ankle.

Every year I see too many mid-level SEC teams lose/upset in the first 2 rounds. I suspect that the loosely called games during the SEC season in which phisical play is allowed hurts them when the refs are being paid by the NCAA instead of the SEC. Today's loss to FGC would have been a rout if FGC wasn't so horrible at the ft line.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/17/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
I've only watched Cunningham in 3 or 4 games and didn't see dirty as much as physical and slick, like her act late in this game where she faked contact falling on a 3 pt shot and then had justice visited on her when she twisted her ankle.

Every year I see too many mid-level SEC teams lose/upset in the first 2 rounds. I suspect that the loosely called games during the SEC season in which phisical play is allowed hurts them when the refs are being paid by the NCAA instead of the SEC. Today's loss to FGC would have been a rout if FGC wasn't so horrible at the ft line.

pretty much agree with all of this. I've never seen the 'dirty' stuff she supposedly does- just looks like she plays hard and physical. And, yeah, the physicality is sometimes not rewarded outside the SEC...though if you get SEC refs, it still can be.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 03/17/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:

pretty much agree with all of this. I've never seen the 'dirty' stuff she supposedly does- just looks like she plays hard and physical. And, yeah, the physicality is sometimes not rewarded outside the SEC...though if you get SEC refs, it still can be.

Maybe someone here who knows more will correct me but I understand that during the season refs are paid by the conferences and often work for more than one conference as independent contractors. In the NCAA's it's the NCAA who pays them. If that is correct then I would say that they call games the way their paymaster wants or they don't stay employed for long.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/17/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:

I agree with myrtle. She ain't dirty. The inadvertent brush of the hand to the face that most likely provoked the "dirty" post was reviewed and properly dismissed.

I'll take her on my WNBA team if nobody else wants her. She can play 2-4. My only concern is if her body can't keep up with her heart. She gets hurt a lot.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/17/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Shades"]
myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:

I agree with myrtle. She ain't dirty. The inadvertent brush of the hand to the face that most likely provoked the "dirty" post was reviewed and properly dismissed.

I'll take her on my WNBA team if nobody else wants her. She can play 2-4. My only concern is if her body can't keep up with her heart. She gets hurt a lot.[/quote

How many SEC games have you watched Mizzou play?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: