RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

10 Minnesota vs 7 Green Bay - 3/16 5 PM ET

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Minnesota
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Green Bay
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Message
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3124
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 12:27 am    ::: 10 Minnesota vs 7 Green Bay - 3/16 5 PM ET Reply Reply with quote

First Round - Spokane Region

Eugene, Ore.




Last edited by calbearman76 on 03/16/18 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2279



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a hard time watching games at Oregon - that court is hard to look at Smile.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17680



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is my first predicted upset. Go Minnesota!!



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2279



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Phoenix!

Close game so far...

UWGB extends their lead a bit and has a 42-32 halftime lead.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2279



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I forgot that Kenisha Bell who played for one year at Marquette (was recruited by Terri Mitchell - left after Kieger's first year) is on this Minnesota team.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, baby! Put up 89 pts against the best defense in the nation.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2279



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Yeah, baby! Put up 89 pts against the best defense in the nation.


They really turned it around in a hurry in the second half. Congrats to Minnesota.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7081
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice! I'm at Ridder for the Frozen Four so I didn't watch the game, but the box score looks nice. Bell really made them pay with her aggressive play and converting at the line.

Was it questionable officiating, or was Minny just that much more aggressive?



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3124
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't watch the game, but I can tell you that Bell hit 5-6 FT in the final 2:08 as Minnesota scored the last 11 points of the game.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Nice! I'm at Ridder for the Frozen Four so I didn't watch the game, but the box score looks nice. Bell really made them pay with her aggressive play and converting at the line.

Was it questionable officiating, or was Minny just that much more aggressive?


I thought they were questionable against the Gophers in the first half.
In the second half, GB started to wear down so they were fouling.
Gophers also cranked up the defense in the second half. It'd be nice if they would play defense the whole game, but I suppose Stollings gets worried about wearing down her top 7 rotation.

Bell only played 4 min in the second quarter.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7081
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Nice! I'm at Ridder for the Frozen Four so I didn't watch the game, but the box score looks nice. Bell really made them pay with her aggressive play and converting at the line.

Was it questionable officiating, or was Minny just that much more aggressive?


I thought they were questionable against the Gophers in the first half.
In the second half, GB started to wear down so they were fouling.
Gophers also cranked up the defense in the second half. It'd be nice if they would play defense the whole game, but I suppose Stollings gets worried about wearing down her top 7 rotation.

Bell only played 4 min in the second quarter.

Nice! Thanks for the info.

Bell is so central to what the Gophs want to do. Different team entirely when she is on the floor. It's nice that she is such good shape that she can play 40 without blinking.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3531
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Nice! I'm at Ridder for the Frozen Four so I didn't watch the game, but the box score looks nice. Bell really made them pay with her aggressive play and converting at the line.

Was it questionable officiating, or was Minny just that much more aggressive?


I thought they were questionable against the Gophers in the first half.
In the second half, GB started to wear down so they were fouling.
Gophers also cranked up the defense in the second half. It'd be nice if they would play defense the whole game, but I suppose Stollings gets worried about wearing down her top 7 rotation.

Bell only played 4 min in the second quarter.


And in the first half, the Gophers kept giving up an obscene number of offensive rebounds.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49467



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
I forgot that Kenisha Bell who played for one year at Marquette (was recruited by Terri Mitchell - left after Kieger's first year) is on this Minnesota team.



How can you forget about her?




_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2279



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
I forgot that Kenisha Bell who played for one year at Marquette (was recruited by Terri Mitchell - left after Kieger's first year) is on this Minnesota team.



How can you forget about her?



Sorry - my brain is mush these days - don't remember a whole lot. She had a great freshman year at MU but came in at a rough time with the coach who recruited her being fired. There were 4 freshmen that year and she was one of 3 who left after Kieger's first year.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin