RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who are some teams exceeding your expectations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/19 11:39 am    ::: Who are some teams exceeding your expectations? Reply Reply with quote

Admittedly,I don't follow a lot of teams so my expectations are often misinformed and based on a high degree of ignorance.

With that caveat, I am surprised by Clemson. Amanda Butler has the Tigers off to a 4-1 start in the ACC which includes wins over Miami and Florida State and a single-digit loss to Syracuse. Earlier in the season, Clemson played three SEC teams and had single-digit losses to South Carolina, Tennessee, and the only real blow out happening to Bama. I know nothing about the roster make up, or how many players returned, or how many new players are in the program, but I believe this is better than Clemson has done it at least a decade.

PostPosted: 01/19/19 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My first thought is Kansas State. They've beaten Texas. All but one of their losses (a surprising one to KU) are to ranked teams. They played pretty tight with Baylor through most of that game. They've been better than I would have guessed.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/19/19 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see Rutgers 2 games ahead of the field in the Big Ten. That don't have impressive wins exactly (depending what you think of Maryland) but they look like the might be the class of the league.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/19/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VCU, NC State, Clemson, Rutgers, Tennessee Tech, Boston College, and (dammit!) Towson.

PostPosted: 01/19/19 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa State - are they better because of Middleton or did they have injuries last year?

Boston College, Butler, Clemson, Rutgers, Utah State

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/19/19 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Butler

Marquette with a caveat. I'd say they are at or maybe slightly below expectations overall at this point (rankings are good but loss to Miami in preseason WNIT still bugs me - lost a chance at another game with that loss too). However, they have significantly exceeded my expectations for their play with all-time leading scorer and preseason BE POY Allazia Blockton out with injury - they are 6-0 in the BE with Blockton having only played 8 minutes so far during the conference season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: