RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2653



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Sidney Cooks leaving Michigan State:
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2019/04/12/michigan-state-womens-basketball-sidney-cooks/3448015002/


Sure would be nice to see her at Marquette - it's nice and close to home for her too Smile.


Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 259



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/19 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
stever wrote:
Sidney Cooks leaving Michigan State:
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2019/04/12/michigan-state-womens-basketball-sidney-cooks/3448015002/


Sure would be nice to see her at Marquette - it's nice and close to home for her too Smile.


Or DePaul, which is almost as close as Marquette. Wink


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2653



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/19 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
stever wrote:
Sidney Cooks leaving Michigan State:
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2019/04/12/michigan-state-womens-basketball-sidney-cooks/3448015002/


Sure would be nice to see her at Marquette - it's nice and close to home for her too Smile.


Or DePaul, which is almost as close as Marquette. Wink


Marquette needs height more than DePaul does Smile.

I have to add I have absolutely no idea what schools she's interested in - was just commenting since she's from the area and MU is very guard heavy.


Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 259



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
stever wrote:
Sidney Cooks leaving Michigan State:
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2019/04/12/michigan-state-womens-basketball-sidney-cooks/3448015002/


Sure would be nice to see her at Marquette - it's nice and close to home for her too Smile.


Or DePaul, which is almost as close as Marquette. Wink


Marquette needs height more than DePaul does Smile.

I have to add I have absolutely no idea what schools she's interested in - was just commenting since she's from the area and MU is very guard heavy.
I don't know we are a pretty small team as well. I'm not sure what schools are interested, but we would be happy to take her.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4120
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/19 4:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another article about cooks transfer

https://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/cooks-transferring-from-michigan-state/article_b096c9a5-690a-5a17-bfb1-6f0b3100533b.html


This article contains a couple clues about where cooks will not end up.

* she wants a school that plays a natural up-tempo style of game
* staying within the boundaries of her home state, Wisconsin, is not a primary consideration. ( sorry Marquette Fan)
* the B1G is out. Cooks would have to sit out two years to transfer within conference. Also note condition number one.

Cooks says she has a great relationship and no regrets about the people and time that she spent in East Lansing.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
scfastpitch



Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 555



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/19 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Right, Tea could transfer as a grad transfer, but not as a college student. She's had four years to play two, and one appeal denied already. I can't see how they're going decide she's under some hardship now and either grant another appeal or give her six years to play three.


Last I heard , Tea was supposed to graduate in May .


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2653



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/19 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Another article about cooks transfer

https://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/cooks-transferring-from-michigan-state/article_b096c9a5-690a-5a17-bfb1-6f0b3100533b.html


This article contains a couple clues about where cooks will not end up.

* she wants a school that plays a natural up-tempo style of game
* staying within the boundaries of her home state, Wisconsin, is not a primary consideration. ( sorry Marquette Fan)
* the B1G is out. Cooks would have to sit out two years to transfer within conference. Also note condition number one.

Cooks says she has a great relationship and no regrets about the people and time that she spent in East Lansing.


Yeah I had no idea why she was going to transfer and as was already pointed out DePaul isn't too far from home either. And I didn't necessarily think she'd want to come to MU.

Duffy does sound like she wants to play up tempo though Smile.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4120
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/19 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Sidney Cooks leaving Michigan State:
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2019/04/12/michigan-state-womens-basketball-sidney-cooks/3448015002/


At the end of this article it talks about three incoming recruits for MSU all being in the backcourt. They actually have an incoming class of 5 including PF Taiyier Parks and C Cyndi Dodd. So there are some bodies in East Lansing, just not a lot of experience.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4120
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/14/19 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Emma Merriwesther, a SO post who transferred to Texas Tech from Long Beach last season, is transferring to the Women of Troy.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4120
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/14/19 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Muffett picks up grad transfer destinee Walker, a pg from UNC. Walker has missed most of the past two seasons battling injuries, but was highly rated out of HS. Averaged 12.4 ppg over 21 games in 16-17.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4120
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/14/19 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisviile adds three transfers per Raoul.

Liz Dixon: 6'5 frosh. Geotech
Elizabeth Balogun: 6'1 frosh Geotech
Kiana Smith: 5'11 soph Cal



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.


Last edited by NoDakSt on 04/14/19 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2653



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/14/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Louisviile adds three transfers per Raoul.

Liz Dixon: 6'5 frosh. Geotech
Elizabeth Balogun: 6'1 frosh Geotech
Kiana Smith: 5'6 soph Cal


Just saw a Louisville tweet about that - seemed kind of incredible to pick up three transfers at once.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12002
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/14/19 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Louisviile adds three transfers per Raoul.

Liz Dixon: 6'5 frosh. Geotech
Elizabeth Balogun: 6'1 frosh Geotech
Kiana Smith: 5'11 soph Cal


Any idea if the GA-Tech kids might get waivers, considering the coaching changes there?



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9749



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Louisviile adds three transfers per Raoul.

Liz Dixon: 6'5 frosh. Geotech
Elizabeth Balogun: 6'1 frosh Geotech
Kiana Smith: 5'11 soph Cal


Any idea if the GA-Tech kids might get waivers, considering the coaching changes there?


If they lawyer up they will ... it's blatantly unfair that rich(er) transfers, or this with access to legal assistance, can get eligible immediately while those without that kind of aid must sit a year.

But then again, who ever accused the NCAA or colleges of being fair? (Unless of course it's to the coaches and administrators who can wring as much money out of the system as possible ...)



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3387
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Louisviile adds three transfers per Raoul.

Liz Dixon: 6'5 frosh. Geotech
Elizabeth Balogun: 6'1 frosh Geotech
Kiana Smith: 5'11 soph Cal


Any idea if the GA-Tech kids might get waivers, considering the coaching changes there?


If they lawyer up they will ... it's blatantly unfair that rich(er) transfers, or this with access to legal assistance, can get eligible immediately while those without that kind of aid must sit a year.

But then again, who ever accused the NCAA or colleges of being fair? (Unless of course it's to the coaches and administrators who can wring as much money out of the system as possible ...)

It's all about the Benjamins. The athletes are at the bottom of the pyramid while everyone else in big time college athletics are making tall cash. I hate the transfer rules with a pure unadulterated passion. Evil or Very Mad



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2274



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Muffett picks up grad transfer destinee Walker, a pg from UNC. Walker has missed most of the past two seasons battling injuries, but was highly rated out of HS. Averaged 12.4 ppg over 21 games in 16-17.


Walker is a good kid and has a ton of talent and perhaps even more injuries. Not sure what's holding her back to be able to get back to her 16-17 form, but she might help with the locker room and show leadership for the youngsters in South Bend.


stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6742
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evina Westbrook had a meeting with Harper, will proceed with transfer:
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2019/04/16/lady-vols-evina-westbrook-transfers-tennessee-womens-basketball-kellie-harper/3483416002/



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4414
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
I'm a UCLA fan but those USC departures in themselves won't mean anything except for Moore and possibly Archer. Effa and Milisic never played and both have their degrees. Jones averaged 3.6 pts and 3.2 rebounds and Tapley averaged 5 pts and 6 rebounds last season.

As for Trakh's reputation as a coach and mentor, Sue Favor did her own research and came up with a glowing article.

http://hoopism.blogspot.com/2010/06/on-mark-trakh-new-associate-head-coach.html


Moore will be a big miss as a senior and Archer was coming into her own and started to show some brilliance.

I've heard enough from what some parents have said at USC and have worked with Sue Favor and actually written articles for her sites in the past. I'll take that article with a grain of salt.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5394
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Evina Westbrook had a meeting with Harper, will proceed with transfer:
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2019/04/16/lady-vols-evina-westbrook-transfers-tennessee-womens-basketball-kellie-harper/3483416002/


Not sure she will be missed. I don't think discipline is her strong suit.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4414
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
stever wrote:
Evina Westbrook had a meeting with Harper, will proceed with transfer:
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2019/04/16/lady-vols-evina-westbrook-transfers-tennessee-womens-basketball-kellie-harper/3483416002/


Not sure she will be missed. I don't think discipline is her strong suit.


I have a similar feeling. I always thought she went to Tennessee because she would get to do what she wanted. Didn't work out quite as she expected.


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 703
Location: NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Evina Westbrook had a meeting with Harper, will proceed with transfer:
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2019/04/16/lady-vols-evina-westbrook-transfers-tennessee-womens-basketball-kellie-harper/3483416002/


i watched alot of Lady Vols games, Evina Westbrook is a very talented player. she's not fast but quick, smooth...she is a good passer but makes stupid mistakes at times during the game. if she can get the mental/IQ game down, she will be an all-american

whoever gets her will be lucky


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4019



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought she was the best player on Tenn. Maybe not the most physically talented but she played under control while most everyone else looked like they were trying out for the keystone cops.

So, who takes over the point?


Davis4632



Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 549



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The writing on the wall was when some Tennessee fans got into an argument to Westbrook's mother Eva on social media in the middle of the season and her mom said they won't have to worry about Evina next season. There's been a portion of the Tennessee fan base that has been throwing certain players under the bus for Holly's woes (Diamond, Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook).


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5394
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
The writing on the wall was when some Tennessee fans got into an argument to Westbrook's mother Eva on social media in the middle of the season and her mom said they won't have to worry about Evina next season. There's been a portion of the Tennessee fan base that has been throwing certain players under the bus for Holly's woes (Diamond, Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook).


Did you happen to notice that every one of those players had a parent or parents that were just, maybe, a teensy bit TOO involved? That thought they were the coach instead of a parent? Well, maybe except Miss Cooper, who decided to stage a fight club with the team captain after already once previously having come under the eye of the Disciplinary board....

The bottom line is, parents need to let the coach be the coach and stay out of it, and student-athletes need to behave and accept discipline.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12002
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/19 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
The writing on the wall was when some Tennessee fans got into an argument to Westbrook's mother Eva on social media in the middle of the season and her mom said they won't have to worry about Evina next season. There's been a portion of the Tennessee fan base that has been throwing certain players under the bus for Holly's woes (Diamond, Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook).


Did you happen to notice that every one of those players had a parent or parents that were just, maybe, a teensy bit TOO involved? That thought they were the coach instead of a parent? Well, maybe except Miss Cooper, who decided to stage a fight club with the team captain after already once previously having come under the eye of the Disciplinary board....

The bottom line is, parents need to let the coach be the coach and stay out of it, and student-athletes need to behave and accept discipline.


I know no details other than what's posted here at Rebs, and the info on transfers, and their patterns. It's not hard to connect dots: I mean, look at Diamond (good buds with T'ea...) She picked UNC cuz she could play the prima donna. THEN went to TN, with T'ea, who is now leaving SC for her third school.

Ms. Pat. Just. DIDN'T.

Mama don't play dem games. I think Holly may have been too much The Appeaser, I dunno.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 30 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin