RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2398



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gophers' Gadiva Hubbard out indefinitely; Lindsay Whalen's debut sells out

Quote:
Coach Lindsay Whalen made the announcement at media availability Tuesday. She said no timetable has been set for Hubbard’s return, but that she hopes the 5-9 junior will be able to return this season.

It is a big loss. One of three returning starters from last year’s team that advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament, Hubbard was third in minutes played (34.9) and scoring (13.6).


Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 228



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/27/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Desiree Elmore gets immediate elegibility to play for Seton Hall. Transfer from Syracuse.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11195
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/27/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Desiree Elmore gets immediate elegibility to play for Seton Hall. Transfer from Syracuse.


What!? She's NOT playing for Notre Dame? Oh, myy....whatever will *they* say??



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
noleman



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 854



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/27/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU loses another player to injury. Post player Iho Lopez was in a car accident earlier this week. Possible that she could miss the entire season

This leaves FSU with 9 scholarship players and hurts an already non-existent frontcourt. True freshman Myers and Transfer Kiah Gillespie are the only post players we have now.


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3575



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/28/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

noleman wrote:
FSU loses another player to injury. Post player Iho Lopez was in a car accident earlier this week. Possible that she could miss the entire season

This leaves FSU with 9 scholarship players and hurts an already non-existent frontcourt. True freshman Myers and Transfer Kiah Gillespie are the only post players we have now.


That's pretty thin. Sad Gillespie should have a great year, though!


noleman



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 854



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/28/18 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
noleman wrote:
FSU loses another player to injury. Post player Iho Lopez was in a car accident earlier this week. Possible that she could miss the entire season

This leaves FSU with 9 scholarship players and hurts an already non-existent frontcourt. True freshman Myers and Transfer Kiah Gillespie are the only post players we have now.


That's pretty thin. Sad Gillespie should have a great year, though!


Agreed.

Gillespie is super talented. Can score from all over the court. Had 24 points in the exhibition today. Should have a great season.


Pureformofthegame



Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 454
Location: Raleigh, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anastasia Hayes to Middle Tennessee.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4850
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
Anastasia Hayes to Middle Tennessee.


Attitude-wise, she might be about their caliber, but she will definitely help the team if she can keep it down. I don't envy them her stage dad though.

Will she be eligible second semester since she didn't play any at Tennessee? I would think so.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23148



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Pureformofthegame wrote:
Anastasia Hayes to Middle Tennessee.


Attitude-wise, she might be about their caliber, but she will definitely help the team if she can keep it down. I don't envy them her stage dad though.

Will she be eligible second semester since she didn't play any at Tennessee? I would think so.


I think it depends on when she enrolled at MTSU. If not until Summer, wouldn't she have to wait the full year? (this is just a guess based on logic and as we all know, logic often doesn't apply)



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 1050



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why wouldn't she have to sit out a full year? Is there a different rule for players who are "dismissed" from their previous team?


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9304



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Why wouldn't she have to sit out a full year? Is there a different rule for players who are "dismissed" from their previous team?


Only if you go to Notre Dame or Washington (Natalie Romeo) ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6538
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke's Lambert out for another season:

https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2018/10/duke-womens-basketballs-lambert-reinjures-knee-will-miss-entire-2018-19-season



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11195
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Why wouldn't she have to sit out a full year? Is there a different rule for players who are "dismissed" from their previous team?


Only if you go to Notre Dame or Washington (Natalie Romeo) ...


....or SETON HALL!!! (see above!) Razz Laughing



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49405



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Why wouldn't she have to sit out a full year? Is there a different rule for players who are "dismissed" from their previous team?


Only if you go to Notre Dame or Washington (Natalie Romeo) ...


I see you’re still not understanding the differences in the merits of Shepard’s and Romeo’s cases. Romeo was always in public support of Nebraska coach Yori. When Yori got fed up with the players’ complaint situation and resigned, Romeo put in for an immediate transfer and that was fulfilled. She lost the coach she wanted through no fault of her own.
Shepard, on the other hand, was part of the group of players that complained that Yori’s practices were too hard or unfair. After Yori resigned, Shepard vouched to stay on at Nebraska. After a disastrous year at Nebraska with a new coach, Shepard decided once again she was unhappy. She wanted to leave Nebraska because “it wasn’t getting her to where she wanted to be as a basketball player.” Not sure if that’s the exact quote, but it’s something to that effect as stated in an article. Under this circumstance, why would Shepard have the right to an immediate no-wait transfer? Some people say that Nebraska cooperated with the immediate transfer. So? I would cooperate too if I were Williams. After all, she got her dream job because of Shepard. May as well reward her with an immediate transfer. But why should cooperation from the transfering school be the key factor? It should be a transparent, equitable, and clear-cut process for all players putting in for transfers.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9304



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Why wouldn't she have to sit out a full year? Is there a different rule for players who are "dismissed" from their previous team?


Only if you go to Notre Dame or Washington (Natalie Romeo) ...


I see you’re still not understanding the differences in the merits of Shepard’s and Romeo’s cases. Romeo was always in public support of Nebraska coach Yori. When Yori got fed up with the players’ complaint situation and resigned, Romeo put in for an immediate transfer and that was fulfilled. She lost the coach she wanted through no fault of her own.
Shepard, on the other hand, was part of the group of players that complained that Yori’s practices were too hard or unfair. After Yori resigned, Shepard vouched to stay on at Nebraska. After a disastrous year at Nebraska with a new coach, Shepard decided once again she was unhappy. She wanted to leave Nebraska because “it wasn’t getting her to where she wanted to be as a basketball player.” Not sure if that’s the exact quote, but it’s something to that effect as stated in an article. Under this circumstance, why would Shepard have the right to an immediate no-wait transfer? Some people say that Nebraska cooperated with the immediate transfer. So? I would cooperate too if I were Williams. After all, she got her dream job because of Shepard. May as well reward her with an immediate transfer. But why should cooperation from the transfering school be the key factor? It should be a transparent, equitable, and clear-cut process for all players putting in for transfers.


I have some information I can't share on Romeo, but I can say her immediate eligibility did not have anything to do with Yori's status.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49405



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I have some information I can't share on Romeo, but I can say her immediate eligibility did not have anything to do with Yori's status.


Don’t expect people to take your word for it. If you can’t explain yourself, you shouldn’t bring Romeo up in the first place.

Regardless, it wasn’t the same situation.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3575



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I have some information I can't share on Romeo, but I can say her immediate eligibility did not have anything to do with Yori's status.


Don’t expect people to take your word for it. If you can’t explain yourself, you shouldn’t bring Romeo up in the first place.

Regardless, it wasn’t the same situation.

I'll take his word for it. What has he written that was intentionally misleading or an outright lie? He's not your source for a published article. Why call his credibility into question?


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4850
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I have some information I can't share on Romeo, but I can say her immediate eligibility did not have anything to do with Yori's status.


Don’t expect people to take your word for it. If you can’t explain yourself, you shouldn’t bring Romeo up in the first place.

Regardless, it wasn’t the same situation.

I'll take his word for it. What has he written that was intentionally misleading or an outright lie? He's not your source for a published article. Why call his credibility into question?


In any case, no one's answering the question about Anastasia Hayes. She did not play at all this year at Tennessee. I'm not sure if she was dismissed from the team before the start of the fall semester. So when would she be eligible?



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 1050



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I have some information I can't share on Romeo, but I can say her immediate eligibility did not have anything to do with Yori's status.


Don’t expect people to take your word for it. If you can’t explain yourself, you shouldn’t bring Romeo up in the first place.

Regardless, it wasn’t the same situation.

I'll take his word for it. What has he written that was intentionally misleading or an outright lie? He's not your source for a published article. Why call his credibility into question?


In any case, no one's answering the question about Anastasia Hayes. She did not play at all this year at Tennessee. I'm not sure if she was dismissed from the team before the start of the fall semester. So when would she be eligible?


Fall classes started 8/22. Her dismissal was leaked from her family to the media on 8/30. We have no info about her official dismissal date from the university.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3865
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Duke's Lambert out for another season:

https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2018/10/duke-womens-basketballs-lambert-reinjures-knee-will-miss-entire-2018-19-season


That's a huge blow for the blue Devils



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11195
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shepard, Romeo, Elmore, Romero.....just these few recent names would seemingly illustrate the random, "not-always-by-the-book" ways decisions are made. Frankly, I think it's a good thing that there can be considerations made on an individual basis.



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4850
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Shepard, Romeo, Elmore, Romero.....just these few recent names would seemingly illustrate the random, "not-always-by-the-book" ways decisions are made. Frankly, I think it's a good thing that there can be considerations made on an individual basis.


I wouldn't include Romero in that list. She was being pretty thoroughly screwed over by Kansas State until the public outcry got to be too much for them and they had to let her transfer. Then it was a case of the coach that recruited her being fired, which is generally accepted by the NCAA.

I don't think Hayes will get an exception, any more than Te'a Cooper did. And if you remember, Cooper was dismissed from the same team.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 1050



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I don't think Hayes will get an exception, any more than Te'a Cooper did. And if you remember, Cooper was dismissed from the same team.


This story says Hayes will sign her LOI in January. What, if anything, does that mean for her eligibility?

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/mtsu/2018/10/28/mtsu-basketball-middle-tennessee-anastasia-hayes-lady-raiders-ut-lady-vols/1769560002/


CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 646
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND already has a player out with ACL injury this year.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyAnders11/status/1057058993745678345

It's walk on Kaitlin Cole, who did get some playing time in the NCAAs (played quite a bit in the first half of the Nova game.

Other injuries (Mabrey (Hip), Shepard (Foot), Patterson (Knee), and Gilbert (Shoulder)) aren't serious. A couple of them might not play for the Exhibition game, but should return soon.


CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 646
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/29/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Why wouldn't she have to sit out a full year? Is there a different rule for players who are "dismissed" from their previous team?


Only if you go to Notre Dame or Washington (Natalie Romeo) ...


You forgot FSU.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin