RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12156
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul reports

Sydney Cooks transferred in from Michigan State to Mississippi State. Two years of eligibility left.


SHE'D BETTER GET AN INSTANT WAIVER....MISSISSIPPI STATE IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE TEAMS THAT ND BEAT WITH JESS SHEPARD ON THEIR ROSTER, SO THEY DESERVE IT!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


I politely ask you to talk about basketball (which I enjoy reading, even when I disagree) and save the political snark for somewhere else.


THERE. Is that better!!?? Razz



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11889
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/19 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice grab by Vic.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 496



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/14/19 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephanie Watts grad transfers to USC. Very big signing for the Trojans.


Phil



Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 1105



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/15/19 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Phil wrote:
Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul reports

Sydney Cooks transferred in from Michigan State to Mississippi State. Two years of eligibility left.


SHE'D BETTER GET AN INSTANT WAIVER....MISSISSIPPI STATE IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE TEAMS THAT ND BEAT WITH JESS SHEPARD ON THEIR ROSTER, SO THEY DESERVE IT!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


I politely ask you to talk about basketball (which I enjoy reading, even when I disagree) and save the political snark for somewhere else.


THERE. Is that better!!?? Razz

Thanks


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4159
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LaDahzia Williams transfers from South Carolina to......Missouri?!?

westbrook to UCONN? That's got nothing on this Columbia to Columbia rivalry transfer which has recently included allegations of inciting hate speech, legal action, apologies, etc.

Good luck LaDeeDAh!

Interestingly one of her new teammates, Haley Troup, was one of her old teammates in the briefest of moments before she transferred to Mizzou before the start of classes



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4159
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/17/19 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cierra Walker, A rising senior point guard who averaged 10.9 points per game last season at Vandy is transferring to Gonzaga. Not a grad transfer but may apply for a waiver to be eligible 19-20.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Ladyvol777



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 234



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/20/19 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mimi Collins to Maryland, big lose for Tennessee


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5437
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
Mimi Collins to Maryland, big lose for Tennessee


Not like we didn't know she was going for a few weeks. Besides, they have KK and Lou with experience and now also Jaiden McCoy who is also experienced, and Tamari Key and Emily Saunders incoming. I'm sorry to lose Mimi but if she didn't want to stay and play for Kellie that's her choice. I hope she enjoys playing for the Brendasaurus. She is, after all, from Maryland.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom


Last edited by summertime blues on 05/21/19 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2658



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milwaukee player Shemera Williams who had been the highest rated recruit in Kieger's original signed class for 2019-2020 announced today that she's going to Virginia next season:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2019/05/21/former-marquette-recruit-shemera-williams-chooses-virginia/3753523002/

https://twitter.com/_Swilliams10/status/1130940226401177601

Virginia is one of the schools she originally considered before choosing Marquette.

This article reinforces that there's still a lot of unknowns about who will be playing at Marquette next season. Of the 8 originally signed players, two have landed at other schools and one has confirmed she's still coming to Marquette despite the coaching change. Destiny Strother's club team posted she was reopening her recruitment but I haven't heard anything about her picking a school yet. And it hasn't been announced if the remaining 4 recruits are still coming to Marquette or not.


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17939
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/22/19 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford's Marta Sniezak joins Notre Dame as a graduate transfer.

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2019/05/sniezek-joins-nd-womens-basketball/


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12156
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/22/19 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Stanford's Marta Sniezak joins Notre Dame as a graduate transfer.

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2019/05/sniezek-joins-nd-womens-basketball/


Good for her, and good for ND! Very Happy



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25494



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/23/19 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Stanford's Marta Sniezak joins Notre Dame as a graduate transfer.

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2019/05/sniezek-joins-nd-womens-basketball/


Good for her, and good for ND! Very Happy


yeah. mixed emotions. wish we could have kept her. but I'll be rooting for her.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4159
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/25/19 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adia Barnes picking up two new players

Grad transfer Amari Carter from Penn State and Shania Pellington from Oklahoma.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4159
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/25/19 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Adia Barnes picking up two new players

Grad transfer Amari Carter from Penn State and Shania Pellington from Oklahoma.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/adia-barnes-makes-good-on-promise-landing-a-pair-of/article_6a08e238-7e9a-11e9-be6e-27c0468f3e7d.amp.html



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Phil



Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 1105



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/25/19 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Adia Barnes picking up two new players

Grad transfer Amari Carter from Penn State and Shania Pellington from Oklahoma.


Good for Adia.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12156
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/25/19 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Adia Barnes picking up two new players

Grad transfer Amari Carter from Penn State and Shania Pellington from Oklahoma.


Good for Adia.


Absolutely. She's a woman with a team on the rise! Cool



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4159
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/25/19 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minyon Moore grad transferring to Oregon. Awesome pick-up.


https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Minyon-Moore-Oregon-Womens-Basketball-Recruiting-Ducks-132293820/



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12156
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/25/19 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Minyon Moore grad transferring to Oregon. Awesome pick-up.


https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Minyon-Moore-Oregon-Womens-Basketball-Recruiting-Ducks-132293820/


That's REALLY awesome....can she/will she provide that extra *edge* to help Oregon take it all home next year?



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10054



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/26/19 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A huge get for Oregon. Minyon slides right into the PG spot, replacing Cazorla.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4415
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/26/19 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Minyon Moore grad transferring to Oregon. Awesome pick-up.


https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Minyon-Moore-Oregon-Womens-Basketball-Recruiting-Ducks-132293820/


That's REALLY awesome....can she/will she provide that extra *edge* to help Oregon take it all home next year?


She has that edge and was a dynamo for USC. She also brings a different skillset than Cazorla and is a better defender. Oregon will be stacked.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4415
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/26/19 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Phil wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Adia Barnes picking up two new players

Grad transfer Amari Carter from Penn State and Shania Pellington from Oklahoma.


Good for Adia.


Absolutely. She's a woman with a team on the rise! Cool


It's looking like her school will be a new popular transfer destination.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4159
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/26/19 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Howee wrote:
Phil wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Adia Barnes picking up two new players

Grad transfer Amari Carter from Penn State and Shania Pellington from Oklahoma.


Good for Adia.


Absolutely. She's a woman with a team on the rise! Cool


It's looking like her school will be a new popular transfer destination.


Wave of the future? Mississippi State and South Carolina have had success with this.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25494



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/27/19 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Minyon Moore grad transferring to Oregon. Awesome pick-up.


https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Minyon-Moore-Oregon-Womens-Basketball-Recruiting-Ducks-132293820/


That's REALLY awesome....can she/will she provide that extra *edge* to help Oregon take it all home next year?


She has that edge and was a dynamo for USC. She also brings a different skillset than Cazorla and is a better defender. Oregon will be stacked.


a better defender, but not as good shooter. Still all she needs to do is drive and dish on this team, and I think she'll be really good at that.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10054



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/28/19 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One aspect of Minyon Moore that cannot be underestimated: She is a fierce competitor and does not back down.

I did a story on her older sister, Mariya, who's several inches taller and at the time was considered one of the best players in Northern California. I interviewed Minyon just for the heck of it, and I asked if they ever played one-on-one, thinking little sis (in both aspects) would have no chance. Minyon admitted she hadn't won yet, but she was convinced she would eventually beat her, regardless of the age, size and skill (at that time) difference.

And later in her career, her high school team was a major underdog to Archbishop Mitty, a nationally ranked team at the time, and Minyon went on the road, scored 40, and Salesian got a huge upset win.

She will be a force for Oregon, not just a complementary piece.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5437
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/01/19 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tori Harris, formerly of JMU, has signed with St. Bonaventure. She'll have two years of eligibility remaining after she sits out her mandatory year. As I expected, she did sign with a school closer to home. Tori is the youngest of the Harris family and the little sister of the NBA's Tobias Harris.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin