RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/22/19 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Freshman Grace Berg is leaving Mizzou. She was one of three highly ranked recruits this year.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Already posted this in the Morris thread: https://scarletknights.com/news/2019/1/22/womens-basketball-adds-transfer-alexis-morris.aspx

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 01/23/19 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raven Farley is transferring from LSU to St. Johns. Former top 20 recruit I believe.

BD22

PostPosted: 01/24/19 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Raven Farley is transferring from LSU to St. Johns. Former top 20 recruit I believe.

Farley was ranked #134 overall in her class and #21 in her position coming out of high school

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/24/19 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
MiKayla Boykin tore her fight ACL earlier this week against Miami and will miss the rest of the season. Last year she tore her left ACL. This puts Dukes chances of getting back to the NCAA on a pretty tight rope.

A "tight rope" made of bungee cords. You know what happens to bungee jumpers who measure the cord based on elevation from the ground. #CrashAndBurn

~rAf
Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 01/25/19 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BD22 wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

Farley was ranked #134 overall in her class and #21 in her position coming out of high school

My bad. I think at one point she was ranked in the top 20 and fell dramatically.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/25/19 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
BD22 wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

My bad. I think at one point she was ranked in the top 20 and fell dramatically.

She’s was a McDonald’s All American coming out of high school so I’m sure she was ranked high at some point.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/26/19 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ashley Hearn, a post player who we last saw at UCLA in 2017-2018,
has grad transferred to A&M. Will compete for the Aggies in 2019-2020.

noleman

PostPosted: 01/28/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU loses another player to ACL. Freshman Amaya Brown, the teams best on the ball defender suffered an injury on Sunday against VT.

This leaves FSU with 8 scholarship players now

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/30/19 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Freshman G Grace Berg from Mizzou to Drake. She’s a native of Indianola, IA, so this sort of makes sense.

PostPosted: 02/05/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers senior F Caitlin Jenkins suspended indefinitely due to domestic violence arrest last Saturday afternoon. She’s played in 20 games, averaging 6 points and 6.8 rebounds.

PostPosted: 02/06/19 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This article plays Jenkins' arrest vs Alexis Morris' 2 prior arrests. You have to wonder how Rutgers is going to handle this, given the precedent they recently set when signing Morris for assault.

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-rutgers-suspends-senior-due-arrest-shortly-signing-baylor-transfer-history-183941522.html

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/24/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette senior Erika Davenport's career is over after she suffered a knee injury Friday night vs. Butler Sad

https://twitter.com/davington916/status/1099806933018689537

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 02/25/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Akira Levy, a frosh guard for Mizzou, went down with a knee injury against Auburn.

Phil

PostPosted: 02/25/19 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette senior Erika Davenport's career is over after she suffered a knee injury Friday night vs. Butler Sad

https://twitter.com/davington916/status/1099806933018689537

I'm very sorry to hear that.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/25/19 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Rutgers senior F Caitlin Jenkins suspended indefinitely due to domestic violence arrest last Saturday afternoon. She’s played in 20 games, averaging 6 points and 6.8 rebounds.

Also stever posted in the thread about Stringer,

https://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/2019/02/rutgers-womens-basketball-rocked-with-more-tumult-as-2nd-player-dismissed-from-team-in-4-days.html

Quote:

The Rutgers women’s basketball’s best playmaker has been dismissed less than a week after its leading rebounder was kicked off the team.

Ciani “C.C.’’ Cryor, a redshirt junior from Philadelphia whose 6.1 assists-per-game average in Big Ten games is second-best in the conference, was dismissed for a violation of team policy, two persons with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media on Monday.

The persons requested anonymity because they have not been authorized to speak publicly about the situation.

The two persons with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media that Cryor’s dismissal wasn’t due to criminal activity.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/25/19 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The tv announcers at the Stanford game (Clarendon was one) yesterday said they expected to see Sniezak do the grad transfer thingie next year. Crying or Very sad I wouldn't be surprised since we don't have a scholie for her but it's really too bad. She could definitely help a lot of teams. Since she's from the East Coast and is bright, I could imagine her ending up at someplace like Duke...

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 02/25/19 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The tv announcers at the Stanford game (Clarendon was one) yesterday said they expected to see Sniezak do the grad transfer thingie next year. Crying or Very sad I wouldn't be surprised since we don't have a scholie for her but it's really too bad. She could definitely help a lot of teams. Since she's from the East Coast and is bright, I could imagine her ending up at someplace like Duke...

Hopefully she's brighter than THAT. Shocked But yeah, that is a loss. I always liked her. But since she'd been drawn to the West Coast once, maybe Oregon could interest her.... Cool

PostPosted: 02/26/19 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kysre Gondrezik will not return WV. She started her freshman year at Michigan and then transferred to West Virginia where she set up for a year. She played a few games this year and set up for personal reasons came back for a few games and then left the team for personal reasons. No word if she's going to continue her collegiate career somewhere else and whether it will be basketball related or not.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/26/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

What about Ivy, close to home and Rooks went that route.

PostPosted: 02/26/19 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The Ivy League does not allow graduate students to compete in athletics (which our baseball team is thankful for again). That is why Rooks had to transfer again for her last year.

As for Duke, it would be nice since I don't think we should expect immediate health for our injured point guards, but we currently have 14 scholarships already accounted for next season and a burning need for another post player.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/26/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The Ivy League does not allow graduate students to compete in athletics (which our baseball team is thankful for again). That is why Rooks had to transfer again for her last year.

As for Duke, it would be nice since I don't think we should expect immediate health for our injured point guards, but we currently have 14 scholarships already accounted for next season and a burning need for another post player.

She should come back home to DC and attend Georgetown. Perfect fit. Excellent school, and she'd probably start and play a lot in a decent league.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/28/19 6:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Speaking of Rooks, this is what she’s doing these days. It’s funny that she ended up playing for her three original finalists and managed to set up quite a career for herself while doing so.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/2/20/womens-basketball-scholar-stories-grad-student-rooks-brings-positivity-energy-to-classroom-court.aspx?path=wbball

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/28/19 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty sweet.

PostPosted: 03/05/19 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tamu reports that Carter will miss the SEC tournament with a fractured pinkie on her shooting hand. They expect her back for the NCAA's but in my experience broken fingers don't heal that quick. Blair may be trying to keep his team in the top 16 with wishful thinking.

Tough break, literally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 24 of 37

Jump to: