RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/01/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Okay, this a pretty big one and it’s not an April Fools joke on my part anyway... but maybe I’m getting taken in by one.

Anriel Howard is looking to transfer as a no-wait graduate player.
Keep your mud hooks off, ND. You’ve gotten enough freebies.

I already checked her age. Too young to declare for the draft and yet she’ll be a grad student.

Not a joke. She's said she wants to go to a P5 school where she can win a natty. Rumor says ND, UConn, Miss St, or SoCar.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/01/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmm. guess she's not so in love with her PG.

- Amanda Gorman
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/01/18 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State and South Carolina are both in conference- can someone remind me what the SEC rules are on intra-conference transfers, and how they apply to graduate transfers?

(I mean, really, though. Unless she knows something we don't, isn't she already at a Power 5 school that could win a national championship?)

(now with spelling variations)
Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/01/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Mississippi State and South Carolina are both in conference- can someone remind me what the SEC rules are on intra-conference transfers, and how they apply to graduate transfers?

(I mean, really, though. Unless she knows something we don't, isn't she already at a Power 5 school that could win a national championship?)

I know Alexis Jennings had to sit out a year when she transferred Kentucky to South Carolina. I don't know how it works for graduate transfers.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/01/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't believe Howard will have to sit out a year as a graduate transfer. Personally, I'd head to ND both for basketball and the degree, but what do I know?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/01/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I don't believe Howard will have to sit out a year as a graduate transfer. Personally, I'd head to ND both for basketball and the degree, but what do I know?

If the criteria is winning an NC, I don't see Mississippi State or USCe as a possibility.

Irish. UCONN, L'Ville, Baylor, Oregon.

If those 5, Ville is probably where she'd fit best as they lose a rebounder in Hines-Allen.

The others are likely loaded at her position with not only rebounders but scorers.

If it's more open than those mot likely to win a National Title, I could see Dawn taking her. Also FSue has a habit of taking on transfers (and getting a lot out of them). Brenda as well.

I think an intriguing albeit unlikely prospect would be Oregon State. Her rebounding would very much fill in a void for the Beavers.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/02/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

They do lose two fairly important pieces in Hillsman & Lumpkin. I don't know who they have coming in but in this day and age you have to have some size with decent skill in the post.
NoDakSt wrote:

If those 5, Ville is probably where she'd fit best as they lose a rebounder in Hines-Allen.

The others are likely loaded at her position with not only rebounders but scorers.

agree. It looks like a good fit. They have plenty of scorers so she could just do what she's good at.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/18 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azura Stevens is turning pro

PostPosted: 04/02/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I think another year in Storrs would benefit her immensely but best wishes anyhoo.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:

I think another year in Storrs would benefit her immensely but best wishes anyhoo.

Geno has complained all year that she doesn't listen to the coaches, hasn't improved her defense, etc. I'm guessing she isn't really interested in getting another year of his tutelage.

Personally, I don't expect great things from her.

But I'm not sure another year would have made much difference if she's not interested in getting better.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:

Geno has complained all year that she doesn't listen to the coaches, hasn't improved her defense, etc. I'm guessing she isn't really interested in getting another year of his tutelage.

But I'm not sure another year would have made much difference if she's not interested in getting better.

Alot of UCONN fans salty at her decision . Not directed at you art , but Nooo way a kid graduates college and wants to be a professional afterwards even with an extra year of eligibility . Lord forbid that ever happen , she paid her dues got her name in the limelight with UCONN and bounced. Great strategy i must say Azura.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 04/02/18 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
blaase22

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:

It's too bad the ncaa didn't let her play last year like they did with Shephard.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:

It's too bad the ncaa didn't let her play last year like they did with Shephard.

Is this the only argument people can come up with? Would this even be a big deal if ND had not won the Title ? At the end of the day the Irish defeated the 2 best teams in america with 6 players. They deserved it earned it and took it.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:

Is this the only argument people can come up with? Would this even be a big deal if ND had not won the Title ? At the end of the day the Irish defeated the 2 best teams in america with 6 players. They deserved it earned it and took it.

What argument? Just saying too bad for Stevens, she wasn't as lucky and had to abide by the rules.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:

What argument? Just saying too bad for Stevens, she wasn't as lucky and had to abide by the rules.

This side bar thats continually being thrown around now that ND has won the championship .
Quote:

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

What rule exactly did JS not abide by?

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bianca.blanru will forgo her final season of eligibility at Georgia. The 6'5" forward is staying in Athens to focus on her degree.

LitePal

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to a poster on BY, Geno spoke to Stevens and decided not to pursue an exemption.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:

Do you even know that UConn applied for a waiver for her? No, I didn't think you did.

Geno may well have wanted her to work with the team for a year first. Just like he did with Butler. Just like he has with other transfers. Have you ever heard of UConn applying for and being denied a waiver?

But don't let total ignorance of the facts stand in the way of a good rant.

Speaking of UConn transfers, what ever happened to Batouly Camara? I thought she was back ready to play earlier this year. Is she returnng next year? Is she ever going to play in a meaningful game?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:

Alot of UCONN fans salty at her decision . Not directed at you art , but Nooo way a kid graduates college and wants to be a professional afterwards even with an extra year of eligibility . Lord forbid that ever happen , she paid her dues got her name in the limelight with UCONN and bounced. Great strategy i must say Azura.

I don't disagree with you. I'm just adding that it seems she had no interest in putting in the time and effort to actually be coached. So why should she waste another year? She gets to put "played for UConn" on her resume, and now she's moving on.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/03/18 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No word on South Carolina's Alexis Jennings and WNBA Draft as clock nears midnight

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/no-word-on-south-carolina-s-alexis-jennings-and-wnba/article_49022228-3681-11e8-9300-978829873b5c.html

pilight

PostPosted: 04/03/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vanderbilt women's basketball players Kayla Overbeck, Erin Whalen, Paige Warren transferring

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2018/04/03/vanderbilt-womens-basketball-players-kayla-overbeck-erin-whalen-paige-warren-transfer/481559002/

Quote:
“We are very appreciative of all the hard work that Kayla, Erin and Paige have put in during their time as members of the Vanderbilt women’s basketball team,” White said. “We wish them the very best of luck as they pursue other opportunities.”

PostPosted: 04/03/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6 transferring from Colorado state:

Quote:
"We aren’t sitting here thinking the sky is falling and this doesn't shake me. I'm as confident as ever in what we do as a program. We know what we have done here in the last six years.''-Coach Ryun Williams

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/03/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
6 transferring from Colorado state:

Quote:
"We aren’t sitting here thinking the sky is falling and this doesn't shake me. I'm as confident as ever in what we do as a program. We know what we have done here in the last six years.''-Coach Ryun Williams

Very interesting, given that Ryun Williams' teams had won four straight regular season conference titles before this past season (when the team finished 4th in the Mountain West).

pilight

PostPosted: 04/03/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sierra Campisano transferring from Oregon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to: