RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chip

PostPosted: 09/21/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Alexis Morris has been dismissed from Baylor for a violation of team rules.

I'll be Damn

Coyotes

PostPosted: 09/22/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Melgoza show just lost a potential spark as Natalie Romeo and Dean Strother are both forced to medically retire from basketball.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/22/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
The Melgoza show just lost a potential spark as Natalie Romeo and Dean Strother are both forced to medically retire from basketball.

That program is devastated. What a quick downturn in fortune. Hopefully the new coaching staff can build strong connections in the Evergreen State because there is strong talent across the region. Both Washington programs need to reconnect with the statewide talent because the Oregon Schools are l certainly more attractive right now.

LitePal

PostPosted: 09/22/18 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington is just in a tough situation. Neighbors left the cupboard empty and although I don't know them, it appears the Wynns are not winning people over. I think Jody is a good coach and she certainly did a lot with little last season. But you can't win without the players and as stated earlier right now the Pacific Northwest is much stronger for youth basketball than California. The next few recruiting seasons will be critical to her future.

A program can get lucky as well. Neighbors signed Melgoza after her dream school UCLA only offered her a preferred walk-on and she went to UW.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/24/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

That program is devastated. What a quick downturn in fortune. Hopefully the new coaching staff can build strong connections in the Evergreen State because there is strong talent across the region. Both Washington programs need to reconnect with the statewide talent because the Oregon Schools are l certainly more attractive right now.

LINK:
https://gohuskies.com/news/2018/9/21/womens-basketball-huskies-announce-pair-of-medical-retirements.aspx

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/30/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chanette Hicks, formerly of Virginia Tech fame, is now on the roster at Norfolk State.

elsie

PostPosted: 10/02/18 5:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can anyone tell me on what basis does Overbeck get to play immediately while others have to follow the rules

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/02/18 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
can anyone tell me on what basis does Overbeck get to play immediately while others have to follow the rules

It’s under article 23 of the 12 colonies of kobol. The NCAA gets a right to silence while secretly having a bylaw 54.3A passes called the Notre Dame-Southern Cal Manifest Destiny Rule.

stever

PostPosted: 10/02/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally Jr. is indeed out for the year at Oregon:

https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20181001/pac-12-champion-oregon-ducks-womens-basketball-team-returns-to-practice

Quote:
“She’s such a quality person and student and obviously athlete that one more year in the program is a good thing, but it also makes our bench shorter,” Graves said of Nyara Sabally, who waited until joining the program to undergo surgery. “She’s the kind of player that I think would have been the best freshman in the conference.

“I think she would have had a good chance to be our third straight freshman of the year and was going to give us 20-to-25 minutes a night.”

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/04/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

West Virginia frosh post Rochelle Norris is out for the year with the ACL. Seldom used sr Theresa Eklehar is the only available post for Coach Carey unless Former UCONN-by way of Happy Valley transfer DeJanae Boykin is granted an exemption for immediate eligibility. Krystal Mccume, a 6-4 soph post iS no longer with the team.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/06/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Daphane White we hardly knew ye.

The The 6 foot five fresh Mississippi Statepost player who joined the team late this summer in order to get her academics and order has already transferred to a JUCO.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/10/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU's Debra Ferguson moved from active player status to Student Assistant. Although I haven't seen an announcement, presumably her surgically repaired knee did not hold up to consistent rough-and-tumble of post play. This leaves JMU with only 3 post players, Devon Merritt, Kelly Koshuta and Kayla Cooper-Williams plus freshman Casey Irvine. Sophomore Breyenne Bellerand, who saw limited playing time last year, is listed as a forward but is only 5'10. We are very guard-heavy and I'm wondering if at least part of the time Coach O plans to run a 4-G offense.

PostPosted: 10/14/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loretta Kakala transfers from Louisville to Pacific. Not a surprise that she transferred but the destination was. I would have thought Cal might have expressed interest.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/14/18 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Loretta Kakala transfers from Louisville to Pacific. Not a surprise that she transferred but the destination was. I would have thought Cal might have expressed interest.

Maybe the fact that Kakalas hometown is 20 minutes from Stockton plays ian important factor as to why she transferred

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/14/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore G Marlee Kyles (Elgin, IL) is leaving the Arizona program for personal reasons. No destination specified at this time.

PostPosted: 10/14/18 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville post player Loretta Kakala transferring to University of the Pacific. She redshirted her freshman year but had apparently made big strides in the offseason. Apparently homesickness played more than a little part. Sorry, no link, only a tweet.

PostPosted: 10/15/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Louisville post player Loretta Kakala transferring to University of the Pacific. She redshirted her freshman year but had apparently made big strides in the offseason. Apparently homesickness played more than a little part. Sorry, no link, only a tweet.
Would she be eligible right away or will she have to sit out a year?

PostPosted: 10/15/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="willtalk"][quote="summertime blues"]Louisville post player Loretta Kakala transferring to University of the Pacific. She redshirted her freshman year but had apparently made big strides in the offseason. Apparently homesickness played more than a little part. Sorry, no link, only a tweet.[/quote]Would she be eligible right away or will she have to sit out a year?[/quote]

UOP started their semester in August and I believe Kakala was on the Louisville campus as recently as this month so one way or another, she's probably not playing for a while.

willtalk

PostPosted: 10/15/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
UOP started their semester in August and I believe Kakala was on the Louisville campus as recently as this month so one way or another, she's probably not playing for a while.

I believe a player only has a five year window to compete four years of eligibility and she has already used one year of that. I wonder if she would become eligible starting with the next semester. Since she only has four years left anyway she might as well get in half a year. That is unless she plans on not going to school at all this year. I wonder if not enrolling would even make a difference in respect to the five year window? Is it five years sequentially or five years of attending school?

PostPosted: 10/15/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/10/15/louisville-womens-basketball-player-loretta-kakala-transferring/1652992002/

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/16/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Utah WBB: 6-5 sophomore forward Maurane Corbin is out for the season with a torn ACL, and 6-4 freshman forward Lola Pendande has not yet enrolled at the school

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1052234798595547136

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/16/18 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iggy Allen is transferring from Mississippi State. The red shirt sophomore who missed out onlast season with an injury joins Jonika Garvin and Daphne white as players who have left Starkville since the end of last season.

Allen earned high praise from Coach Schaeffer last season prior to her injury. He even claimed that she would be part of the starting lineup of a team that finished as a runner up to the national championship.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 10/19/18 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
elsie wrote:

It’s under article 23 of the 12 colonies of kobol. The NCAA gets a right to silence while secretly having a bylaw 54.3A passes called the Notre Dame-Southern Cal Manifest Destiny Rule.

Laughing Laughing Laughing love this

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/19/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn RS Sr Lou Brown out indefinitely with torn ACL.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2018/10/19/tennessee-redshirt-senior-and-lou-brown-suffers-torn-acl-out-indefinitely/

Raoul's tweets in the past day or two report a bunch of new injuries, too many for me to retype.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/19/18 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vanderbilt WBB: Redshirt senior center Bree Horrocks is expected to be out until at least January as she deals with blood clots.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1052719905580175360

https://vucommodores.com/news/2018/10/17/horrocks-to-miss-start-of-womens-basketball-campaign.aspx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 18 of 37

Jump to: