RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colerr

PostPosted: 08/13/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sierra Calhoun to Rutgers. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/13/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was a RS Jr this past season, I believe. So will she be a grad transfer and not have to sit out a year?

PRballer

PostPosted: 08/13/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
She was a RS Jr this past season, I believe. So will she be a grad transfer and not have to sit out a year?

Yep. She's the scorer Rutgers will need - immediately eligible.

PRballer

PostPosted: 08/14/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone have info on Ayanna Clark? She was a high profile recruit from Long Beach Poly for USC and then didn't qualify and now unclear on where she ended up. Having trouble finding out info - thanks!

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 08/14/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Does anyone have info on Ayanna Clark? She was a high profile recruit from Long Beach Poly for USC and then didn't qualify and now unclear on where she ended up. Having trouble finding out info - thanks!

I think she’s playing at Central Arizona next year.

LitePal

PostPosted: 08/14/18 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark repeated her senior year of high school and graduated but was not able to qualify so she's going the JC route. Good luck to her.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/30/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delaware's Enabosi (last year POY in CAA) out with an ACL Crying or Very sad

https://bluehens.com/news/2018/8/30/womens-basketball-nicole-enabosi-to-miss-2018-19-season-due-to-injury.aspx?path=wbball

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/30/18 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just noticed SIX transfers from Iona. What the heck is going on there?

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/18 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee sophomore guard Anastasia Hayes has been dismissed from the team "due to a violation of team rules," according to head coach Holly Warlick

PostPosted: 08/31/18 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang. Isn't this the kid whose sisters were planning to follow her to Tennessee? Shocked

PostPosted: 08/31/18 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Tennessee sophomore guard Anastasia Hayes has been dismissed from the team "due to a violation of team rules," according to head coach Holly Warlick

Oh man, that is going to hurt! She's a spark plug. But if you can't behave.....

PostPosted: 08/31/18 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:

Now this is interesting ...

Hayes and her sisters went to Riverdale High School in Murfreesboro TN, which is Volunteer country to the core. For the oldest Hayes (all three have names that start with A) to get booted is something, because unless whatever she did is so obvious and so blatant that it can't be ignored, this is going to cause a lot of bad blood in Tennessee's homeland.

It's one thing if you boot a Californian off the team, but a homegirl like Anastasia? I'd love to know what went wrong, and for the Vols' sake, let's hope it's clear that Holly had no choice but to cut her.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Dang. Isn't this the kid whose sisters were planning to follow her to Tennessee? Shocked

From my understanding the other sisters are just Ok, and might not be SEC level talent.
LitePal

PostPosted: 08/31/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe, maybe not. The Hayes family sued the school district for bullying and racial discrimination and lost. Warlick knew what she was getting into because they all sound like a headache.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2016/10/14/bullying-verdict-lawsuit-sumner-schools-tennessee/91996036/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/31/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:

Now this is interesting ...

Hayes and her sisters went to Riverdale High School in Murfreesboro TN, which is Volunteer country to the core. For the oldest Hayes (all three have names that start with A) to get booted is something, because unless whatever she did is so obvious and so blatant that it can't be ignored, this is going to cause a lot of bad blood in Tennessee's homeland.

It's one thing if you boot a Californian off the team, but a homegirl like Anastasia? I'd love to know what went wrong, and for the Vols' sake, let's hope it's clear that Holly had no choice but to cut her.

Clay, you're talking from California, ok? Let some Tennesseans, or at least former Tennesseans, kick this around a little. Tennessee has what are called the three "Grand Divisions"...East, Middle, and West, and while they are all parts of UT fandom, some are more so than others, and Murfreesboro is *not* Knoxville. (Murfeesboro is the home of *Middle* Tennessee State, to give you some idea of geography.) Tennessee is kinda divided by mountains and really should be three separate states, for all the divisions have to do with one another.

Someone else said the other sisters might be just ok and maybe not really SEC talent....in which case this could have been kind of a Kelsey Mitchell situation, and thank goodness Holly didn't have to give Dad a job to get daughter signed on.

But another point is that Holly is kind of soft-spoken, at least compared to Pat, and some girls might think they can run over her or maybe get by her. I think Te'a Cooper might have...but then, what got her dismissed was a whole other thing. I guess they don't know who Holly learned the rules from.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no idea what the specifics are in this instance, but this isn't the first conflict involving Hayes being asked to leave a team. There were reportedly multiple instances of her parents taking her off her HS team due to disagreements with her coach, then asking for reinstatement, and then when she was booted off the team for not following the coach's instructions during games, her parents claimed she was being subjected to racially-motivated bullying and sued the school district for $500K, and lost the case in a jury trial. Hopefully Tenn has documented their adherence to proper procedures. They all sound like a hot mess.

Addendum: Surprisingly, other 3 sisters are no longer considering Tenn.
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/08/31/lady-vols-basketball-tennessee-anastasia-hayes-aislynn-alasia-acacia/1160061002/

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 08/31/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Does Dawn have her on speed dial - my guess is yes.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Does Dawn have her on speed dial - my guess is yes.

PostPosted: 09/04/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jentry Holt - 6-3 jr from OKSt is available as a grad transfer. very limited playing time as she has been in the shadow of Jensen and Coleman during her time in Stillwater.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/05/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nicole Enabosi, perhaps Delaware's best player, reportedly blew out a knee and will be lost for the season. I don't have a link but saw it on Twitter.

PostPosted: 09/11/18 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Morris has been dismissed from Baylor for a violation of team rules.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I usually research things but I'm too tired. I wonder if dismissed players have to sit out a year at a new school.
LitePal

PostPosted: 09/13/18 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Giant news for USC. Kayla Overbeck, transfer from Vandy has been declared eligible and will play this current season. USC is also on the hunt for the similarly sized 2019 Alissa Pili who was awarded MaxPrep's female Athlete of the Year last year and is a two time Gatorade POY from Alaska. Her brother Brandon Pili is a defensive tackle at USC.

https://twitter.com/USCWBB/status/1040368903585652736

https://usctrojans.com/news/2018/9/13/womens-basketball-ncaa-approves-waiver-for-kayla-overbeck-to-compete-immediately-for-women-of-troy.aspx

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/14/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Giant news for USC. Kayla Overbeck, transfer from Vandy has been declared eligible and will play this current season. USC is also on the hunt for the similarly sized 2019 Alissa Pili who was awarded MaxPrep's female Athlete of the Year last year and is a two time Gatorade POY from Alaska. Her brother Brandon Pili is a defensive tackle at USC.

https://twitter.com/USCWBB/status/1040368903585652736

https://usctrojans.com/news/2018/9/13/womens-basketball-ncaa-approves-waiver-for-kayla-overbeck-to-compete-immediately-for-women-of-troy.aspx

The high school team I coach played against Alissa Pili, so we saw her up close and personal. She's a beast, but she's 5-11, I'd say. Very strong, athletic, reasonably skilled, but her lack of height may limit her at the Power 5 level.

She ate us up, but then we didn't have any posts over 5-10.

PostPosted: 09/20/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MCKenzie Calvert is listed as a graduate student at Morehead State. Played first year at USCWest, transferred to Kansas redshirted one year and played, transferred to Texas Tech but did not play and now in Kentucky. I believe she initially verballed Baylor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 17 of 37

Jump to: