RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/28/18 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Louise Brown, a grad transfer from Washington State University,
will be at the University of Tennessee next year

Shocked Does...not...compute...

Sure it does. Cheridene Green is the only *real* experienced post player they have now. The others are Kushkituah and Kam Harris. Get your head on straight please. Otherwise they are guard heavy. They NEED experience down under, and this will buy them some until KK gets more sure of herself.

OK, whatever. Don't be surprised when she's not better than Dunbar.

+1

PostPosted: 04/29/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dub sent you a DM.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/29/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Dub sent you a DM.

Who is this addressed to?

PostPosted: 04/30/18 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:
tfan wrote:
Natalie Chou was starting this year, but didn't regain her starting position after coming back from injury. Juicy Landrum was the player that got her starts and is in the same class as Chou. Since Chou was on the 2014 USA Basketball U17 team, and ranked #8 overall by Hoopgurlz and #2 at her position, she probably doesn't want to come off the bench for her final 2 years. But she is listed as a 6'1" guard, and the starting small forward graduated, so conceivably she could be the starting small forward.

Chou never really came back from injury. She was never full strength or even close to it. Until the injury she was the clear starter. Kim never seemed to have the same confidence in Landrum that she had in Chou. I doubt Chou would lose her starting spot to Landrum, though Jackson might be a very different question.

If a Baylor player leaves, I think it's more likely to be Ursin

Yea what happened with Ursin this past season?? She was suppose to be best thing to come out of Louisiana 😉 The two games I saw her play in HS she didnt impressed me at all. Tulane could use her!!

Well, she was a freshman on a crowded team. What most people seemed to think (I just didn't get to watch enough games this year) was that Ursin didn't play defense well enough to suit Mulkey.

~UK~

PostPosted: 04/30/18 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yacine Diop(Pitt) to Louisville

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/Article/Pittsburghs-leading-scorer-and-rebounder-Yacine-Diop-has-committed-to-the-University-of-Louisville-as-a-graduate-transfer-117852450

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/30/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
Yacine Diop(Pitt) to Louisville

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/Article/Pittsburghs-leading-scorer-and-rebounder-Yacine-Diop-has-committed-to-the-University-of-Louisville-as-a-graduate-transfer-117852450

Louisville's biggest loss (and basically only significant loss) was at forward, with Hines-Allen graduation. Adding Diop to the returning starters closes the gap between Louisville and Notre Dame for ACC supremacy. ND is still #1 in the ACC (preseason), but Louisville has definitely closed the margin with Diop's signing.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 05/01/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Louise Brown, a grad transfer from Washington State University,
will be at the University of Tennessee next year

Shocked Does...not...compute...

Sure it does. Cheridene Green is the only *real* experienced post player they have now. The others are Kushkituah and Kam Harris. Get your head on straight please. Otherwise they are guard heavy. They NEED experience down under, and this will buy them some until KK gets more sure of herself.

OK, whatever. Don't be surprised when she's not better than Dunbar.

+1

She'll be marginally better, only because she played a ton and has more in-game experience than Dunbar. I think the place where she'll really help the Lady Vols is in rebounding.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 05/01/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Per Raoul_000's tweet, KeAsja Peace will not be returning to Michigan. This makes sense as she's received little playing time. She was not at U-M's banquet, so I'm guessing this has been pending for a bit.

Bio:
http://mgoblue.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=14047

Houston is getting Peace.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/02/18 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danni Williams decision will be coming soon . Looks like she wont be going too far away from college station .

PostPosted: 05/02/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to Williams’ father, she has taken visits to UConn & Texas and has talked to Mississippi State, South Carolina, Louisville, UCLA & Oregon

http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sports/a-m-s-williams-announces-she-s-leaving-texas-a/article_887b3b28-4e3d-11e8-9fa4-ff4c6c56299b.html

She visited UConn along with A&M forward Anriel Howard who soon is expected to announce where she’s transferring, possibly on her 21st birthday which is Sunday.

Quote:
Williams has talked with Mississippi State, South Carolina, Louisville and UCLA, said her father.

Williams' family, residents of Clovis, N.M., have made an effort to attend a majority of A&M’s home games during Williams' career. However, proximity to home isn't necessarily a top priority for her final season, Regan Williams said.

PostPosted: 05/02/18 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mallory McGwire transferring from Oregon to Boise St.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/03/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

The writings were on the wall. She was a nice big body for the team though.

PostPosted: 05/03/18 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

The writings were on the wall. She was a nice big body for the team though.

That one makes me sad. She was an integral part of the team. Too bad. And I'm surprised she didn't transfer to one of the California teams.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/03/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Promises never kept and too much attention on one player. OR was a good TEAM and she was a very big part due to passing and shot from the high post.

joetro

PostPosted: 05/04/18 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Graves seems to be taking the Walz and Mulkey approach to recruiting. Not a fan.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/04/18 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
Graves seems to be taking the Walz and Mulkey approach to recruiting. Not a fan.

What is that approach characterized by?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
joetro wrote:

Over-recruiting and just dealing with (and perhaps sometimes encouraging) the transfers.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/04/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
tfan wrote:
joetro wrote:

Over-recruiting and just dealing with (and perhaps sometimes encouraging) the transfers.

He pretty much started from ground zero. Do you expect him to recruit one or two players and then, if nobody comes, he's stuck with nothing? He can now afford to act like a 'top' program and pick and choose a little more. Two years ago, for example, I'm pretty sure he didn't expect all 4 bigs to say 'yes' to offers. I haven't heard anything about encouraging transfers.

I think two of those transfers were actually pretty good cogs in the machine. And especially the loss of McGwire is not good for the program as she is the one who could bang with the truly big posts out there in ncaa bball land. On the other hand, I can understand her wanting to go somewhere she will get much more playing time and probably be the whole focus. McGwires are not known for sitting on the sidelines.

- Amanda Gorman
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/04/18 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
tfan wrote:
joetro wrote:

He pretty much started from ground zero. Do you expect him to recruit one or two players and then, if nobody comes, he's stuck with nothing? He can now afford to act like a 'top' program and pick and choose a little more. Two years ago, for example, I'm pretty sure he didn't expect all 4 bigs to say 'yes' to offers. I haven't heard anything about encouraging transfers.

I think two of those transfers were actually pretty good cogs in the machine. And especially the loss of McGwire is not good for the program as she is the one who could bang with the truly big posts out there in ncaa bball land. On the other hand, I can understand her wanting to go somewhere she will get much more playing time and probably be the whole focus. McGwires are not known for sitting on the sidelines.

I didn't mean to imply that Graves was following the whole playbook, but rather I trying to define what I thought joetro meant by the Walz/Mulkey approach to recruiting.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/04/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure what "over-recruiting" means, especially to different people, but what's the evidence that Mulkey and Walz over-recruit and encourage transfers?
Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm not sure what "over-recruiting" means, especially to different people, but what's the evidence that Mulkey and Walz over-recruit and encourage transfers?

I’m not sure what coach from a prominent team doesn’t over-recruit. They all have a lot riding on keeping their teams on top.

Frese promised Carlie Wagner she would start as a freshman. There was little to no way that was going to happen. I suspect these kind of promises are made and broken all the time by all the top coaches.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
joetro

PostPosted: 05/04/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s what I meant. Over-offering and then survival of fittest

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I’m not sure what coach from a prominent team doesn’t over-recruit. They all have a lot riding on keeping their teams on top.

Frese promised Carlie Wagner she would start as a freshman. There was little to no way that was going to happen. I suspect these kind of promises are made and broken all the time by all the top coaches.

Wow frese really gave that pitch to get her to come to Maryland instead of Minnesota ? Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 05/04/18 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kg is very cutthroat...he's had shades of it for yrs but true colors shining thru....

my hope?...recruits start asking themselves do they want to be the next bench warmer while the coaches get the new flavor of the month?....

and I hope Oregon state kicks their arse next year.....

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/05/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:

my hope?...recruits start asking themselves do they want to be the next bench warmer while the coaches get the new flavor of the month?....

I've thought that for years about UConn...but they keep on coming. I guess they like getting the championship even if it is sitting on their butts. Actually I think it is that they all think they are good enough and will be the starter. It happens with all the top programs, so am guessing Graves is happy to be put in that category. What seems to be changing is that more of the kids are transferring out when they realize they will never be starters.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 11 of 37

Jump to: