RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
EVERYBODY GETS A FREE TRANSFER FOR NEXT YEAR! SINCE NOTRE DAME' S BIBLE THUMPING ASSES GOT ONE. (not really. But should be)

Simmer down already. A lot of these currently being discussed are grad transfers and ARE freebies. That’s the way the rules are written. Some are not and most likely will sit out the required year even if their school petitions. Very few actually do get exceptions. I’m sorry you’re feeling aggrieved. Please have a cool beverage of your choice and chill.

I know what a grad transfer Is! I'm talking about..ones that have to sit out a year, you know, like everyone else does unless they have a life or death situation. And yes I have credible sources that Jess was just a pain in the arse and one of the orchestraters of the Yori exit. That's what makes this all the more messed up!

Just get over it already. What's done is DONE! And kwicherbichin. I think everyone is tired of hearing about it. I sure am. You've made your point. And seriously, how did it affect you in SOUTH DAKOTA? It didn't affect me ONE BIT here in JMU-land, where we are waiting for our two transfers to sit out their years, get over their knee surgeries, and play! Or in my former home of Tennessee either, where Cheridene Green had knee surgery during her sit-out year.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per her twitter account freshman Myriama Smith-Traore is transferring from Marquette. She didn't play a whole lot the second half of the season spending a lot of time in sweats for unknown reasons. I wish her the best in the future. It appears there are now two open scholarships at Marquette as it looks like junior Olivia Moskari is graduating a year early.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the Louisville board the report is circulating that Sydney Zambrota, a 5'9" Junior to be from New York State is transferring from the program

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue semrau is going to be down on her transfer quota next season with only Kiah-by-way-of-maryland Gillespie the only represntative. Also, next year Noles have no seniors. Chloe Jackson And Anriel Howard could provide solid leadership for a young but potentially talented Team.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/12/18 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Junior C/F Desiree Keeling is transferring from Rutgers. Just as a FYI, she’s from Roanoke, VA. https://t.co/SLwvN1mbPo

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore Grayson Bright is transferring from Texas Tech. She announced her decision less than 24 hours after Marlene Stollings was announced as the new coach. https://t.co/rOmLYcP6eG

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that was quick! Desiree Keeling, the Rutgers transfer referenced a couple of posts ago, has landed at North Carolina Central. Three other signees are mentioned in the article but I can’t make out whether they are freshmen or transfers. https://t.co/u0HNkELPWb

PostPosted: 04/13/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dani Williams also grad transferring from the Aggies. She'll be visiting UCONN with Anriel Howard.

Man, that is big. Do they not want to play with Carter?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/13/18 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Dani Williams also grad transferring from the Aggies. She'll be visiting UCONN with Anriel Howard.

Gary Blair is, by all accounts, an excellent guy. So, to answer your question, yup!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

She must have graduated early ? She was a junior this season , this is big for the Aggies. Sucks to be Carter right now Embarassed

Dani dreamed of being a LV . I wonder if she has them listed for a Visit. I see neither being a huskie to be honest.

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

She must have graduated early ? She was a junior this season , this is big for the Aggies. Sucks to be Carter right now Embarassed

Dani dreamed of being a LV . I wonder if she has them listed for a Visit. I see neither being a huskie to be honest.

Why don't you see Anriel as a Husky? Do you think she will elect to go elsewhere, or do you think UConn doesn't want her? I think she could start for them. I'm less sure why they want Dani Williams, as they have a lot of options on the perimeter.

I'm shocked that she is not visiting Louisville or South Carolina. Both seem like obvious choices. Maybe she knows enough about the Gamecocks and wants to learn about her other options. But why wouldn't she visit Louisville?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Why don't you see Anriel as a Husky? Do you think she will elect to go elsewhere, or do you think UConn doesn't want her? I think she could start for them. I'm less sure why they want Dani Williams, as they have a lot of options on the perimeter.

I'm shocked that she is not visiting Louisville or South Carolina. Both seem like obvious choices. Maybe she knows enough about the Gamecocks and wants to learn about her other options. But why wouldn't she visit Louisville?

I've never seen UConn take a grad transfer, and Schaquilla Nunn was the first one the Lady Vols ever took. I could see the LVs picking up on Danni though, since they are so young next year.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

I just hope neither are weather wusses. A cold front is forecast to run roughshod through the region Sat afternoon, dropping temps from 70 to 40 and Sunday will be rainy, 40, and miserable. Evil or Very Mad

Williams would get plenty of PT, imo. I hope both become UConn students.

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

I just hope neither are weather wusses. A cold front is forecast to run roughshod through the region Sat afternoon, dropping temps from 70 to 40 and Sunday will be rainy, 40, and miserable. Evil or Very Mad

Williams would get plenty of PT, imo. I hope both become UConn students.

Has it been confirmed that Dani Williams actually graduated from TAMU? Otherwise, she would have to sit out a year, when UCONN loses KLS. Only grad transfers can play right away. Glad they are visiting UCONN!

PostPosted: 04/13/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
UConn junior Katie Lou Samuelson underwent successful surgery Thursday morning to treat a left ankle that had been bothering her throughout the season, according to a statement from the university. The ankle was sprained during a Dec. 3 matchup with Notre Dame, then tweaked again in a Jan. 18 game against Tulsa.

Samuelson missed five games this year and was a limited participant in practice for much of the season. In addition to the ankle injury, she dealt with a midfoot sprain suffered during the second game of the season on Nov. 17 against California.

http://dailycampus.com/stories/2018/4/13/womens-basketball-samuelson-has-surgery-on-ankle
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/13/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ball state is losing the Number two ranked player in assists per game in all of Division One. Carmen Grande, a 5'8"point guard out of Spain, average 9.2 dimes per game and also over 11 points per game. Grande is seeking a graduate transfer which would mean she is eligible immediately.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/13/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Ball state is losing the Number two ranked player in assists per game in all of Division One. Carmen Grande, a 5'8"point guard out of Spain, average 9.2 dimes per game and also over 11 points per game. Grande is seeking a graduate transfer which would mean she is eligible immediately.

that's an intriguing one. I could see her stepping up. Who needs a PG next year?

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/13/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

that's an intriguing one. I could see her stepping up. Who needs a PG next year?

Kind of like AJ Alix did for FSSue last year.

I think tOSU.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/13/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
EVERYBODY GETS A FREE TRANSFER FOR NEXT YEAR! SINCE NOTRE DAME' S BIBLE THUMPING ASSES GOT ONE. (not really. But should be)

Simmer down already. A lot of these currently being discussed are grad transfers and ARE freebies. That’s the way the rules are written. Some are not and most likely will sit out the required year even if their school petitions. Very few actually do get exceptions. I’m sorry you’re feeling aggrieved. Please have a cool beverage of your choice and chill.

I know what a grad transfer Is! I'm talking about..ones that have to sit out a year, you know, like everyone else does unless they have a life or death situation. And yes I have credible sources that Jess was just a pain in the arse and one of the orchestraters of the Yori exit. That's what makes this all the more messed up!

Just get over it already. What's done is DONE! And kwicherbichin. I think everyone is tired of hearing about it. I sure am. You've made your point. And seriously, how did it affect you in SOUTH DAKOTA? It didn't affect me ONE BIT here in JMU-land, where we are waiting for our two transfers to sit out their years, get over their knee surgeries, and play! Or in my former home of Tennessee either, where Cheridene Green had knee surgery during her sit-out year.

Practice what your PREACH! Mr Candace Parker got left off because Geno is a conspiracy.theorist and never let it rest smh why didn't Queenie tell those ppl to get over it? Ppl posted for years

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/13/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Practice what your PREACH! Mr Candace Parker got left off because Geno is a conspiracy.theorist and never let it rest smh why didn't Queenie tell those ppl to get over it? Ppl posted for years

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 04/14/18 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just started thinking, does anyone think Recee Caldwell is going to try to grad transfer to USC and play with her sister? She’s gotta be close to graduating and I can’t imagine she wants to stay at Texas tech.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/14/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
I just started thinking, does anyone think Recee Caldwell is going to try to grad transfer to USC and play with her sister? She’s gotta be close to graduating and I can’t imagine she wants to stay at Texas tech.

USC (both East and West) has/have been preferred destinations for transfers. As for Recee, she has already transferred and it didn't seem to help her development. With a coaching change at TT, remaining there is somewhat similar to transferring again, as she will need to adapt to a new coaching staff regardless. I know she transferred to TT in part due to her Dad getting a position there, so there's really nothing keeping her there now.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/14/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

And I was not one of them. Get over yourself.

PostPosted: 04/14/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:

USC (both East and West) has/have been preferred destinations for transfers. As for Recee, she has already transferred and it didn't seem to help her development. With a coaching change at TT, remaining there is somewhat similar to transferring again, as she will need to adapt to a new coaching staff regardless. I know she transferred to TT in part due to her Dad getting a position there, so there's really nothing keeping her there now.

I know she has LA ties and I think she’d want to play her last year with her sister. Maybe not though.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/14/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

I know she has LA ties and I think she’d want to play her last year with her sister. Maybe not though.

That sounds reasonable to me. What a circuitous journey from Westwood to "Troy" (via Lubbock).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 7 of 37

Jump to: