RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3726
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/07/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Per a tweet from one Meri Davis, 5’6 PG Ashley Jones has been granted a release by WVU.


that's a huge loss for them.


Could be. I wonder if this means Michigan transfer Kyrse Gondrezuck will be at the point. Maybe she was going to be anyway hence why Jones is leaving.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 183



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/07/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just saw a tweet from NEB mediathat Rellah Boothe transferred to Northwest Florida State Community College


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3502



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/07/18 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw a tweet from NEB mediathat Rellah Boothe transferred to Northwest Florida State Community College

And the rich get richer.

Wait a minute. What?


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw a tweet from NEB mediathat Rellah Boothe transferred to Northwest Florida State Community College

And the rich get richer.

Wait a minute. What?


It means that she can play immediately when she transfers next to a 4-year institution. It also might mean that she had some grade trouble and her academics need boosting.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom


Last edited by summertime blues on 04/08/18 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6120
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw a tweet from NEB mediathat Rellah Boothe transferred to Northwest Florida State Community College

And the rich get richer.

Wait a minute. What?


It means that she cam play immediately when she transfers next to a 4-year institution. It also might mean that she had some grade trouble and her academics need boosting.


This was no suprise....



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore starting PG Taylor Turney is transferring out of San Jose State. This does not bode well for a team with only one upperclassman. https://t.co/ib0YtVfRvV



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Joe Fenelon on Twitter, 6’2 post Danielle Deoul is transferring from George Mason. She has her release and will have 3 years of eligibility left.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 440



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kayla Overbeck to USC.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/983143291632996354


GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 13621
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw a tweet from NEB mediathat Rellah Boothe transferred to Northwest Florida State Community College

And the rich get richer.

Wait a minute. What?


It means that she can play immediately when she transfers next to a 4-year institution. It also might mean that she had some grade trouble and her academics need boosting.


Speaking from purely a basketball stand point (and more general than specifically to her) how is going to a JC an advantage, yes she doesn't have to sit out a year at the next university after she finishes her year, but if she plays, she only has 2 years of eligibility to play as opposed to sitting out a year and having 3 years of eligibility.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
PickledGinger



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 364



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw a tweet from NEB mediathat Rellah Boothe transferred to Northwest Florida State Community College

And the rich get richer.

Wait a minute. What?


It means that she cam play immediately when she transfers next to a 4-year institution. It also might mean that she had some grade trouble and her academics need boosting.


This was no suprise....


Insulting people’s intelligence is, just, SUPER classy.

Oh, wait, I’m getting classy confused with petty. My bad. I must be an idiot.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4289
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw a tweet from NEB mediathat Rellah Boothe transferred to Northwest Florida State Community College

And the rich get richer.

Wait a minute. What?


It means that she can play immediately when she transfers next to a 4-year institution. It also might mean that she had some grade trouble and her academics need boosting.


Smart move to a certain extent but the ESPN article says she was suspended twice. I'm sure she doesn't want to sit out but there's a bit of a red flag especially for those schools wanting to recruit her.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4289
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Kayla Overbeck to USC.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/983143291632996354


This was a good get for USC. They have seemingly lost players to transfer almost every year since Trakh first left and their recruiting has certainly dipped. I'm expecting Trakh to have a sizeable 2019 class.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6120
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
LitePal wrote:
Kayla Overbeck to USC.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/983143291632996354


This was a good get for USC. They have seemingly lost players to transfer almost every year since Trakh first left and their recruiting has certainly dipped. I'm expecting Trakh to have a sizeable 2019 class.


Mariyah Moore will be avail along with Overbeck , Nice 1 -2 Punch .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 1960



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
LitePal wrote:
Kayla Overbeck to USC.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/983143291632996354


This was a good get for USC. They have seemingly lost players to transfer almost every year since Trakh first left and their recruiting has certainly dipped. I'm expecting Trakh to have a sizeable 2019 class.


Mariyah Moore will be avail along with Overbeck , Nice 1 -2 Punch .


Moore will be available this upcoming season for her final year of eligibility. Overbeck will have to sit out as a transfer so they won't play together.

I'm skeptical of Overbeck - she did NOT look good in two TV games I saw this year. She couldn't move very well and I understand it was likely due to her injuries but she seemed....slow. The year off might be good for her to heal and rehab her minor injuries and also focus on her condition. She needs to get leaner and in better shape to be able to play significant minutes in the Pac 12.


LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 440



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The loss of Valerie Higgins likely dropped USC not only two or three places in the Pac but also eliminated them from the tourney. Even without Higgins, I think that Trojan team could have gone to the Sweet 16.

There are a few players who did not see action last season, Shalexus Aaron and Asiah Jones and USC reportedly isn't finished with the transfer recruiting so they could end up quite nicely.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6120
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
The loss of Valerie Higgins likely dropped USC not only two or three places in the Pac but also eliminated them from the tourney. Even without Higgins, I think that Trojan team could have gone to the Sweet 16.

There are a few players who did not see action last season, Shalexus Aaron and Asiah Jones and USC reportedly isn't finished with the transfer recruiting so they could end up quite nicely.


Sad ...... Embarassed



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 440



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is it sad? If players feel the college they're at is the wrong fit and seek out a school, like Overbeck who returned to the Southland, it should be good for everyone. Currently at least two higher profile players are reportedly considering USC and there's nothing wrong with that.


Hoopsmom



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 40



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“I'm skeptical of Overbeck - she did NOT look good in two TV games I saw this year. She couldn't move very well and I understand it was likely due to her injuries but she seemed....slow. The year off might be good for her to heal and rehab her minor injuries and also focus on her condition. She needs to get leaner and in better shape to be able to play significant minutes in the Pac 12.”
Fortunately for her, USC has coach Aarika Hughes. Aarika is an amazing post coach, who worked wiith the girls at New Mexico last year. She gives the girls individual attention if they want to work, but they do have to put in the work...


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw a tweet from NEB mediathat Rellah Boothe transferred to Northwest Florida State Community College

And the rich get richer.

Wait a minute. What?


It means that she can play immediately when she transfers next to a 4-year institution. It also might mean that she had some grade trouble and her academics need boosting.


Smart move to a certain extent but the ESPN article says she was suspended twice. I'm sure she doesn't want to sit out but there's a bit of a red flag especially for those schools wanting to recruit her.


Maybe, maybe not. Maybe she’s a bit of a stinker, or maybe it turned out she and Coach A. weren’t a good fit after all, maybe she had grade troubles, or maybe she was just unhappy. We don’t know and likely never will. But if she gets herself squared away and finds a place she can be happy, then she can play without sitting out and that works for everyone. She doesn’t have to stay at the community college for any longer than that takes. Of course, if she wants to, or feels she needs to, that’s a whole other story.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue sophomore Miracle Gray is transferring. https://t.co/KSacYaxulb



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
icey23



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 5684
Location: Louisiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8



_________________
A new ERA!!!! S/O to my LADIES Nikki Caldwell,Pokey Chatman,Lisa Leslie,Candace Parker and Big Syl!!!
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8


Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
icey23



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 5684
Location: Louisiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8


Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.


Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!



_________________
A new ERA!!!! S/O to my LADIES Nikki Caldwell,Pokey Chatman,Lisa Leslie,Candace Parker and Big Syl!!!
Hoopsmom



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 40



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/NdeaFlye

N’Dea Flye is leaving New Mexico. Freshman guard started almost every game this year.

They already lost sophomore guard Mykiel Burleson, who is transferring to D2 Texas A&M- Commerce and will play next year.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G Jasmine Smith also leaving New Mexico. https://t.co/GzcF677JAn



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3726
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chanette Hicks transferring from Virginia tech. She left the Hokies on February 7 to deal with personal issues. I believe she has a year of eligibility left.

http://techlunchpail.com/2018/04/10/chanette-hicks-transfer-virginia-tech/



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47817



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really liked Hicks a couple of years ago. I remember a game she really owned DeShields. Diamond ended up with 10 turnovers in the game.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Chanette Hicks transferring from Virginia tech. She left the Hokies on February 7 to deal with personal issues. I believe she has a year of eligibility left.

http://techlunchpail.com/2018/04/10/chanette-hicks-transfer-virginia-tech/


I knew this was coming. The Hokies played a lot better *after* she left the team. Whatever her "personal issue" was, it was apparently affecting the rest of the team. I wish her well wherever she goes.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
icey23



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 5684
Location: Louisiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8


Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.


Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!


Hearing Jackson may be headed to Mississippi st



_________________
A new ERA!!!! S/O to my LADIES Nikki Caldwell,Pokey Chatman,Lisa Leslie,Candace Parker and Big Syl!!!
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1034



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don’t know if this has already been posted somewhere but

De'Janae Boykin Who went to Uconn, then transferred to Penn State is NOW transferring to West Virginia.


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 472
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8


Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.


Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!


Hearing Jackson may be headed to Mississippi st


wow Chloe Jackson is very talented, i think she has a chance to play at the next level and she knows it with this move. if true she is smart, and Miss st is smart because with Victoria Vivians gone she can slide right in to play with Teaira McCowan.

Miss St will still be in position to be one of the top teams in the SEC


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6120
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8


Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.


Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!


Hearing Jackson may be headed to Mississippi st


wow Chloe Jackson is very talented, i think she has a chance to play at the next level and she knows it with this move. if true she is smart, and Miss st is smart because with Victoria Vivians gone she can slide right in to play with Teaira McCowan.

Miss St will still be in position to be one of the top teams in the SEC


Especially with possibly A. Howard , does Espinoza have to sit out a year ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 472
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8


Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.


Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!


Hearing Jackson may be headed to Mississippi st


wow Chloe Jackson is very talented, i think she has a chance to play at the next level and she knows it with this move. if true she is smart, and Miss st is smart because with Victoria Vivians gone she can slide right in to play with Teaira McCowan.

Miss St will still be in position to be one of the top teams in the SEC


Especially with possibly A. Howard , does Espinoza have to sit out a year ?


oh yeaa what the lastest news on Howard? she is a hot commodity right now lol i just saw on another message board site she is coming on an official visit this weekend to Storrs


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6120
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8


Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.


Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!


Hearing Jackson may be headed to Mississippi st


wow Chloe Jackson is very talented, i think she has a chance to play at the next level and she knows it with this move. if true she is smart, and Miss st is smart because with Victoria Vivians gone she can slide right in to play with Teaira McCowan.

Miss St will still be in position to be one of the top teams in the SEC


Especially with possibly A. Howard , does Espinoza have to sit out a year ?


oh yeaa what the lastest news on Howard? she is a hot commodity right now lol i just saw on another message board site she is coming on an official visit this weekend to Storrs


Where have you seen this ? Ive heard things of South Carolina already being in contact with her and family also .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 472
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8


Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.


Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!


Hearing Jackson may be headed to Mississippi st


wow Chloe Jackson is very talented, i think she has a chance to play at the next level and she knows it with this move. if true she is smart, and Miss st is smart because with Victoria Vivians gone she can slide right in to play with Teaira McCowan.

Miss St will still be in position to be one of the top teams in the SEC


Especially with possibly A. Howard , does Espinoza have to sit out a year ?


oh yeaa what the lastest news on Howard? she is a hot commodity right now lol i just saw on another message board site she is coming on an official visit this weekend to Storrs


Where have you seen this ? Ive heard things of South Carolina already being in contact with her and family also .


UCONN message board Boneyard


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1454



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status/984157940394405893?s=21

Bianca Cuevas-Moore is transferring to West Virginia.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3726
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cuevas-Moore. Grad transfer to West. Virginia



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47817



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bianca Cuevas-Moore is grad-transferring from South Carolina to West Virginia



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
joetro



Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 328



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, isn't Cuevas-Moore a pretty big loss?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6120
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look like it was a race to who could post this first Laughing Laughing

Cuevas will be missed but Cooper will assume the position im pretty sure.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 1960



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
Wow, isn't Cuevas-Moore a pretty big loss?


Not at this point. You have a superior Tyasha Harris as the point guard position, (the West Virginia release is wrong, Cuevas-Moore wasn't the starting point guard); Bianca Jackson who is a younger/more athletic/more promising prospect coming back as a sophomore; Tea Cooper is an enigma but she's bigger/stronger and more athletic, will at least provide some talented depth; and the new/elite freshmen PG coming in, Destanni Henderson.

I think SC's backcourt is going to be fine next year - CM, she just would have provided more depth. She will help West Virginia, though.


SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 732



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EVERYBODY GETS A FREE TRANSFER FOR NEXT YEAR! SINCE NOTRE DAME' S BIBLE THUMPING ASSES GOT ONE. (not really. But should be)


Hoopsmom



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 40



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/unmlobowbb/status/984172372671410176?s=21

6’3 F Nike McClure grad transfers to New Mexico from Washington State.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
EVERYBODY GETS A FREE TRANSFER FOR NEXT YEAR! SINCE NOTRE DAME' S BIBLE THUMPING ASSES GOT ONE. (not really. But should be)


Simmer down already. A lot of these currently being discussed are grad transfers and ARE freebies. That’s the way the rules are written. Some are not and most likely will sit out the required year even if their school petitions. Very few actually do get exceptions. I’m sorry you’re feeling aggrieved. Please have a cool beverage of your choice and chill.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4787
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5’6 G Destiny Perkins comes back home to Indiana, transferring to IUPUI from Akron (possibly due to the retirement of Akron’s HC?). Perkins, who’s from McCordsville, IN, will sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules. https://t.co/g4SCJP6HFo[/list]



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 732



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
EVERYBODY GETS A FREE TRANSFER FOR NEXT YEAR! SINCE NOTRE DAME' S BIBLE THUMPING ASSES GOT ONE. (not really. But should be)


Simmer down already. A lot of these currently being discussed are grad transfers and ARE freebies. That’s the way the rules are written. Some are not and most likely will sit out the required year even if their school petitions. Very few actually do get exceptions. I’m sorry you’re feeling aggrieved. Please have a cool beverage of your choice and chill.

I know what a grad transfer Is! I'm talking about..ones that have to sit out a year, you know, like everyone else does unless they have a life or death situation. And yes I have credible sources that Jess was just a pain in the arse and one of the orchestraters of the Yori exit. That's what makes this all the more messed up!


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3726
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Promise Taylor will be a nice pick up for somebody. During her first year at Ole MESS she was selected to the SEC all-freshman team and at 6'5"proved to be a competent shot blocker and rebounder. She's originally from Western Washington.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3726
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Promise Taylor will be a nice pick up for somebody. During her first year at Ole MESS she was selected to the SEC all-freshman team and at 6'5"proved to be a competent shot blocker and rebounder. She's originally from Western Washington.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8838



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course we could eliminate a lot of this by simply allowing transfers to play immediately, just as we allow coaches and ADs to do their new jobs immediately.

As it is, those who can game the system can alter the timetable. One player, I'm pretty sure, claimed that she needed to play basketball or she would break down psychologically so it was a player safety issue that she be immediately eligible.

At the high school level, and it wouldn't surprise me if it were true at the college level, if the family is willing to lawyer up (or one of the parents is a lawyer), the organization looks at a potential $25,000 or more in legal fees, and decides to just roll over.

If you have the money and understand the way things work, you have a much better chance to have things turn out your way -- and as far as I'm concerned, there's no blame in using all of the legal tools at your command to try to get the outcome you want.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4289
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently Anneli Maley transferring out of Oregon, 6-2 freshman wing.

No indication whether she is staying in Australia or transferring.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/984259131405201408


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin